Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast

Thread: Two Crazy Random Summer

Developer

I honestly have no idea what "moxie experience percent" or "experience percent (moxie)" is supposed to do in the maximizer.
    The former does seem to have things like "+5% to all Moxie gains", but the latter seems to have all sorts of Monster Level modifiers.
    Originally Posted by Veracity View Post
    Looks like "Moxie Experience Percent" is an exact match for the key in Modifiers.doubleModifiers; if no exact (case-insensitive) match is found, then we use a bunch of heuristics to guess what modifier the user wanted -- one of these is for expressions that start with "exp" -> "Experience".
    Code:
    			else if ( keyword.startsWith( "exp" ) )
    			{
    				index = Modifiers.EXPERIENCE;
    			}
    So that means that the latter is actually maximizing experience generally.

I'm currently in a seed (DB marmot) that has Perfect Hair (+15% to mox gains) via twinkly nuggets. When I the maximizer to max "moxie experience percent", though, that effect doesn't even show on the list at all (though 8 other sourceless effects do). Is there something weird about that effect that might cause it to be passed over?
    Originally Posted by VinnyB View Post
    I just did some experimentation with my current TCRS run. In Accordion Thief/Blender, twinkly nuggets give 69 turns of Hangdog.

Code:
    > ash $effect[ Hangdog ]

Returned: Hangdog
    default => use either 1 twinkly nuggets, 1 polo trophy, 1 monkey barf
    note =>
    all => aggregate boolean [string]
      use 1 twinkly nuggets => true
      use 1 polo trophy => true
      use 1 monkey barf => true
    image => hotdog_sleaze.gif
    descid => 3b5ecfa5953774999e709c9ea98328b5
    candy_tier => 0

> ash string_modifier( $effect[ Hangdog ], "Modifiers" )

Returned: Sleaze Damage: +30, Hot Resistance: +3, Stench Resistance: +3, Initiative: +20
    When I have twinkly nuggets in inventory and tell the maximizer to maximize "Sleaze Damage", one of the suggestions is:

use 1 twinkly nuggests

I put it in the closet and tried again. It was not suggested.
    I clicked the "creatable" radio button and tried again. It wss not suggested.

Which makes sense, since although can create twinkly nuggets by pulverizing the correct equipment, pulzerizing is not a "creation method" tht KoLmafia supports.

So, I have the following questions.

Do you have twinkly nuggets in inventory?
    What do you mean "8 other sourceless effects"?
    What checkboxes/radio buttons do select on the Maximizer?
    Are you in Hardcore or Normal?
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu
    R'lyeh wgah-nagl fhtagn.

Which makes sense, since although can create twinkly nuggets by pulverizing the correct equipment, pulzerizing is not a "creation method" tht KoLmafia supports.
    That makes sense: items that can be acquired in a straightforward manner (like NPC shops) are explicitly coded to yield useless power, so pulverizing ultimately requires a fairly indescribable judgement call about which items you want to destroy.

EDIT: This is an issue with changing moon sign.

I'm having a similar experience. I decided to try an astral longbow this run, because it does "Moxie Percent: +10, Experience (Muscle): +3, Maximum HP Percent: +40". I put it on and did a "modtrace experience" and it doesn't show up anywhere, which explains why I couldn't get the maximize to use it for muscle experience. It also doens't show up when I do "modtrace muscle" or "modtrace moxie". It does show up under "modtrace hp".

EDIT: I don't seem to know how to list all effect for an item.
    Last edited by Crowther; 07-05-2019 at 10:48 PM.

Oh! I figured out something important. I'd changed moon signs with the spoon, so I logged out and back in and my astral longbow works correctly!

EDIT: Astral longbow was a stupid choice. The pool cue provides more stats.
    Last edited by Crowther; 07-05-2019 at 11:31 PM.

Yes. We have an action item over in the new content thread for the spoon that details what needs to be done - including reset/relod of TCRS data files, if you are in TCRS.

I dunno. have you tried to maximize on "Experience Percent (Moxie)" which is the actual modifier you want to maximize on?
    The reason I do "moxie experience percent" is that that is the lane that the enchantments seem to be listed under, when I do a modtrace.
    Code:
    type	source			Moxie Experience Percent
    Sign	Marmot			+10.00	= +10.00
    Item	astral belt		+10.00	= +20.00
    Item	hewn moon-rune spoon	+10.00	= +30.00
    Effect	Perfect Hair		+15.00	= +45.00
    Effect	Perception		+25.00	= +70.00
    There aren't many of such stat gain multipliers, so the list that brings up is always very short. This is what it was showing, both while I had the effect active, and after it ran out:
    Code:
    equip hat pentagram bandana (+0)
    <html><font color=gray>keep weapon: Fourth of May Cosplay Saber</font></html>
    equip off-hand Kramco Sausage-o-Matic&trade; (+0)
    <html><font color=gray>keep back: vampyric cloake</font></html>
    <html><font color=gray>keep shirt: makeshift garbage shirt</font></html>
    equip pants distressed denim pants (+0)
    <html><font color=gray>keep acc1: astral belt</font></html>
    equip acc2 hewn moon-rune spoon (+10)
    equip acc3 tiny plastic golden gundam (+0)
    <html><font color=gray>(no known source of Juicy Boost) (+100)</font></html>
    <html><font color=gray>(get Green Peace via  rollover effect from green LavaCo Lampô) (+50)</font></html>
    <html><font color=gray>synthesize Synthesis: Style (1 spleen, +50) [30 advs duration, 15 uses remaining]</font></html>
    <html><font color=gray>(no known source of The Best Hair You've Ever Had) (+20)</font></html>
    <html><font color=gray>(no known source of Superdrifting) (+20)</font></html>
    <html><font color=gray>(no known source of Pharmaceutically Cool) (+20)</font></html>
    <html><font color=gray>(no known source of Video... Games?) (+5)</font></html>
    <html><font color=gray>(no known source of Don't Step to Your Stepmother) (+5)</font></html>
    Maxing on other variations, like the one you suggested, or on "mox experience percent" or "moxie experience percentage" (which I sometimes do accidentally) bring up massive lists which seem to include everything with +mox or +EXP (which seems to include all +stats and +stat modifiers and sometimes other stuff, depending on the zone currently selected in the Adventure tab...).

I do do this outside of 2CRS fairly frequently, whenever I want to shoot up to lvl 20 or so to be able to use all my dreads equipment.

Oh, interesting. I created twinkly nuggets, ran it again, and now have the additional suggestion line
    Code:
    use  1 twinkly nuggets (+15) [37 advs duration, 1 in inventory]
    (between Pharmaceutically Cool and Video... Games?)

It disappears again if I closet the nuggets.

I'm currently in hardcore, and have the "pullable/buyable", "don't check", and "none" buttons selected.

In hardcore, it is behaving exactly as expected then.
    Pullable/buyable is ignored.
    Creatable is not ignored - but as I explained, twinkly nuggets will not count for that.

In hardcore, if you want the maximizer to use twinkly nuggets, you have to actually have some in inventory.

Display help output for the various tcrs commands and parameters, if any, they accept:

Code:
    tcrs help

tcrs derive <valid parameters>
    tcrs check <valid parameters>
    tcrs save
    tcrs load
    etc..
    Originally Posted by Magus_Prime View Post
    r19370

I'm open to changing what is displayed. My understanding might be flawed.
    Well, thank you.