Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast

Thread: Two Crazy Random Summer

Itís a beverage, man.
    Originally Posted by Veracity View Post
    Isnít that a type of food item?

Isnít that a type of food item?
    Originally Posted by Saklad5 View Post
    Itís a reference to The Big Lebowski, just like the item in question, which is found in the Hidden Bowling Alley, is.
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu
    R'lyeh wgah-nagl fhtagn.

Itís a reference to The Big Lebowski, just like the item in question, which is found in the Hidden Bowling Alley, is.
    Oh, right, youíre quoting it.

Miss message from The Big Wisniewski: “He starts to attack, but someone bumps his arm, spilling his White Canadian. He shouts "hey, careful, man, there's a beverage here!!"”

I wasn’t quoting, per se, as much as responding in the style of.
    Last edited by Veracity; 07-09-2019 at 05:28 PM.

See, that I would have picked up on. At any rate, this probably isnít relevant to TCRS.

It looks like Mafia believes the Pantogram has whatever stats you've set it up to have instead of whatever stats TCRS replaces it with, at least for -combat. Does it indeed have the stats TCRS replaces it with and not what you've set? I didn't think to check while I was still in-run.

Pantogram pants are affected and replaced, except for the hilarity effect from sacrificing a clover (you get that one on top of the 2crs enchantments, if you do so).

See, that I would have picked up on. At any rate, this probably isn’t relevant to TCRS.
    Originally Posted by Saklad5 View Post
    Why didn't I check on another character?! Yes, I see the same issue outside TCRS.

Itís a beverage, man.
    Careful Man, there's beverage here!

I'm in an Accoridion Thief/Blender TCRS run.
    I wanted to maximize Moxie and the Maximizer suggested I use 1 body spradium (for a lot of moxie).
    I did that and it gave me Dancin' Fool. That gave me Item Drop +20 and no Moxie.

Code:
    1609	Dancin' Fool	dancingshoes.gif	57f460f9d9ae98f086c984a6491e3386	# choosing The Dance Class at The Haunted Gallery after first time
    Effect	[1609]Dancin' Fool	Item Drop: +20
    1910	Dancin' Fool	dance2.gif	36348033db6b570a60a7fd2dc360153d	play 0 - The Fool
    Effect	[1910]Dancin' Fool	Moxie Percent: +200
    Here's what the description says:

Code:
    distilled narrow shaking olive body spradium

Boxers sweat a lot, so this can of aerosol deodorant will help keep you from smelling bad. And since it glows in the dark, you'll always know when it's worn off.

Type: spleen item (good)
    Toxicity: 1
    Effect: Dancin' Fool (40 Adventures)+20% Item Drops from Monsters
    Cannot be traded or discarded
    It says the effect name, the duration, and the modifiers. When we parse a description for an item which grants an effect, we get the effect name and duration and ignore the modifiers, since you can just look those up from the effect, right? Well, no.

The description has this:

Code:
    Effect: <b><a class=nounder href="desc_effect.php?whicheffect=57f460f9d9ae98f086c984a6491e3386" >Dancin' Fool</a></b> (40 Adventures)
    The effect is clickable, so we have the effect's descid available - which means we can get the effectid.

This is slightly tricky since we learn new effects from item descriptions, and won't know the effectid until we register the new effect.

Given the effectid, we should register the "Effect" modifier on the item with a disambiguating effectid, if necessary.