New Content - Implemented Two Crazy Random Summer

Aramada

So, I am using the latest build, and I go to log in today and a pop up says (something to the effect of) "We have no data for TCRS for Seal Clubber/Packrat. Would you like to contribute..it will take a little time, but you only have to do it once." and I'm all "Sure, why not" and click Yes. And then it says "Deriving TCRS item adjustments for all real items...." And never moves from that, never actually finishes logging me in, nothing. Left it for an hour (went to lunch), was still like that when I got back. Tried it when I got home from work, thinking maybe a different Internet connection. Nope, same thing.

Not sure what I'm doing what, or what I should do different, if anything.

~Aramada

MCroft

Developer
Staff member
you can turn logging on (and off) while it is sitting there deriving.

If it's blazing away at requests, it's still working.

If we get through the "have to haves", a progress bar would be nice, especially in the login screen version.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
We should probably change our handling to recognise that message, and maybe have clowny rather than clownosity, if the game has it that way. So maybe have 25, 50, 75 clowny percent.

Would also stop us using bitmaps for it, which wouldn't hurt.

Bumping this since a script that was maximizing for clownosity did not seem to realize it had what it needed and so kept looking for what it already had :)

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
So, I am using the latest build, and I go to log in today and a pop up says (something to the effect of) "We have no data for TCRS for Seal Clubber/Packrat. Would you like to contribute..it will take a little time, but you only have to do it once."
Let's be precise, here. The popup said:

"No TCRS data is available for Seal CLuber/Packrat. Would you like to derive it? (This will take a long time, but you only have to do it once.)"

- It suggested it not in order for you to "contribute" (although that's always nice) but because essential functionality of KoLmafia will not be available without it. In particular, the maximizer will not work and the Eat/Drink/Spleen panels of the Item Manager will have bad sizes, qualities, etc.
- It said that it would take a long time

THat is true, but how long, exactly, depends on how fast your computer and network connection are: it is looking up more than 10,000 item descriptions and parsing them. I have (ostensibly) 1 Gb from WAN to my router, although only a fraction of that is visible over WiFi at my computer, which is a Mac Mini. I haven't timed it, but it takes about 10 minutes to get and save the items data for me. Others have reported an hour and a half.

If you get past that popup, you'll get another one asking about the cafe data, which will say "won't take long", since that is < 100 item descriptions - less than 1% of the first data fetch.

I suppose what is missing (for you) is indication of progress. I initially had it print a line ecery 100 item descriptions. I removed it when it began feeling like 100 lines of spam. But it would reassure you, at least.

MCroft suggests a "progress bar" when it is invoked from the Login screen. Is that really how it looks? I was under the impression that the Adventure Frame had already been loaded and you could switch the gCLI. If so, perhaps it could reuse the "Adventure Progress Bar".

Although, as Frono pointed out, that would be only temporarily useful.

Hmm. If I can print:

100/10121
200/10121

etc. but have it overwrite the same line in the gCLI, that would show progress without feeling like spam.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
We should probably change our handling to recognise that message, and maybe have clowny rather than clownosity, if the game has it that way. So maybe have 25, 50, 75 clowny percent.

Would also stop us using bitmaps for it, which wouldn't hurt.
The item description says "Makes you look 25% clowny" (or 50% or 75%).

Code:
[color=green]> test newitem 227709910[/color]

Unknown item found: clown wig (2475, 227709910)
--------------------
2475 clown wig 227709910 clownwig.gif hat t,d 55
clown wig 50 Mox: 10
# Item clown wig: Makes you look 50% clowny
Item clown wig Mysticality: +3, Spell Damage: +3
--------------------
Modifiers.java:

Code:
		{ "Clownosity",
		  null,
		  Pattern.compile( "Clownosity: (\\+?\\d+)" )
		},
We don't parse that at all from the item description; just from the data file.

As you suggest, we could make it into a numeric modifier and store the percent, and rather than looking for "4 clownosity" in the maximizer, look for "100 clownosity" (or clowniness). I.e., percentage.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 19254 does "updateDisplay" with a progress line every 100 items processed furing "tcrs derive". Since that writes to the status line - which is displayed on the Login Frame - if you rejected doing a derive immediately after ascending and logged out and logged in again and it offered to derive for you, hopefully you will still see the progress. Otherwise, it will be visible in the gCLI.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 19254 does "updateDisplay" with a progress line every 100 items processed furing "tcrs derive". Since that writes to the status line - which is displayed on the Login Frame - if you rejected doing a derive immediately after ascending and logged out and logged in again and it offered to derive for you, hopefully you will still see the progress. Otherwise, it will be visible in the gCLI.
That is exactly how it behaves. I rejected doing the derive upon ascension logged out, and logged in again. It popped up the "Do you want to derive" popups in from of the Login Frame, and when I said "Yes", the displayed a Progress message every 100 items.

And revision 19255 has TCRS data for Seal Clubber/Platypus. Looking forward to verifying chez snootee works correctly...

bosh

Hi All,

Reasonably new to KolMafia, been following this thread.
I've derived the tcrs changes for Disco Bandit / Packrat, however it is not creating any files in the usual data folder. Modifier Maximizer works, however if I try "tcrs load" it breaks it and Mafia thinks there are 10047 unchaged items in tcrs. Any ideas why this would happen? I did delete the TCRS files that were created the first time as they were pretty much empty, wondering if that's what did it? I'd like to contribute the files as it took almost 2 hours to derive on my machine. Sorry if this is not the right place for this question.

FauxReal

Wallaby Pastamancer + Possible Bug?

Hi, first off I wanna say great work, I really like following the daily builds. Here's the files for Wallaby Pastamancer.

View attachment TCRS_Pastamancer_Wallaby.txt
View attachment TCRS_Pastamancer_Wallaby_cafe_booze.txt
View attachment TCRS_Pastamancer_Wallaby_cafe_food.txt

Although I am also having an issue. I have two characters in separate clans, one is in a Wallaby Pastamancer TCRS run, the other is a post king freeing hardcore Blender Accordion Thief. After deriving all the item data and playing for a while (which worked great BTW), I switched to my Blender AT. But mafia is showing and maximizing with the Wallaby Pastamancer TCRS data. Is there a command to unload the data? I tried tcrs reset but it returns an error saying, "You are not in a Two Crazy Random Summer run."

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I have two characters in separate clans, one is in a Wallaby Pastamancer TCRS run, the other is a post king freeing hardcore Blender Accordion Thief. After deriving all the item data and playing for a while (which worked great BTW), I switched to my Blender AT. But mafia is showing and maximizing with the Wallaby Pastamancer TCRS data. Is there a command to unload the data? I tried tcrs reset but it returns an error saying, "You are not in a Two Crazy Random Summer run."
When you say you "switched to" your other character, I assume you mean "logged off the first one and logged into the second one without restarting KoLmafia".

Yeah. That's an issue. I would have thought that when it logged in as the second character, it would notice that the TCRS data it had loaded was for a different class/sign and loaded in the new dtata, but apparently not. Regardless, the bigger issue is that when you ;pgput, we SHOULD reset all the TCRS adjustments back to normal KoL behavior so that even if you lof in with a non-TCRS character, everything will work.

That's next up on my list of things to lfix. It really should be easy: simply a matter of reloading a few of the data files and refreshing a few things.

In the mean time, the work around is to log out, exit the KoLmafia program, restart the program, and log in to your nother character.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 19256 resets all the TCRS adjustments when you free the king or log in a new character.
Revision 19257 adds Pastamancer/Vole. Thanks!

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
We get the initial file by having someone start the path and run the derivation. Is that all we want/need to gather all the data? Is there anything useful 'collected" during a run? Is there a command to run before breaking the prism so the final files can be shared and merged to update SourceForge?

Veracity

Developer
Staff member