Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Two Crazy Random Summer

r19288

Thank you.

The hidden window problem is noted but I personally am going to do nothing about it. First, once we have a complete set of files the problem is unlikely to occur. So it is something that can be fixed by just waiting a few days or weeks for the files to be generated and checked in. Second, the problem of windows popping up where they are not noticed exists elsewhere in KoLmafia and has been around for a while. In general it is an extremely difficult problem to solve and again, I have other things I would rather do with my time than beat my head against this wall yet another time. As a user I am resigned to the fact that sometimes I just have to go hunting for a window when things seem to be not running.
    Originally Posted by fronobulax View Post
    I agree that that is probably the right call for the moment. If anyone does want to try and tackle it, it should probably be at the level of the helper functions that create the JavaX objects, as opposed to handling it for each dialog. That may not be worth the added complexity.

Source Forge is doing maintenance. I will check in Disco Bandit Platypus when I can, unless someone beats me to it.

I agree that that is probably the right call for the moment. If anyone does want to try and tackle it, it should probably be at the level of the helper functions that create the JavaX objects, as opposed to handling it for each dialog. That may not be worth the added complexity.
    Originally Posted by Saklad5 View Post
    The issue I recall from writing commercial software that had the problem was that we could guarantee which of our (Java) windows was on the top but we had no control (or information) about what else was on the user's screen. Some users would start our software, then run a full screen game and then complain because our window did not interrupt their game. We had partial solutions and workarounds and came pretty close if the user was running with Administrator privileges but never had a 100% solution. It was much easier, and actually a more robust solution, to tell the users "Don't Do That" and include a paragraph in the documentation and 5 minutes in training letting them know it could happen. There may be something out there that makes it easier now than it was then but fundamentally I think the hiding windows problem is an OS level problem and not something that can be (completely) solved with just Java. IMO. YMMV.
    Well, thank you.
    Originally Posted by Veracity View Post

I thin that is a Windows thing. On my Mac, when I ascend in the Relay Browser, the popup appears centered over my main KoLmafia frame. On top.

I could have sworn that InputUtilities did something to deal with Headless. Not that I ever use that, since I use a lot of the GUI features, even though I run in the Relay Browser. For TCRS, I use the Encyclopedia every day to look up items, use the Food & Booze panels to decide what to consume, use the Maximizer to see what items and effects are available, and so on.

Something I'd really like is something to help me in Valhalla to see what astral items do for a given TCRS class/sign. You can click on item images to get the description - and they do seem to pop up TCRS item descriptions. Not completely sure how it works; I seem to recall that if I selected a TCRS path and then said "no, I want to adjust that" and went to look at the astral items, I'd see TCRS stuff. Have not confirmed they apply to what I was considering taking. I'll experiment next time in Valhalla.

Sounds like it could be a relay script.

The astral consumables differ in size, too. They have descriptors like "moldy", etc. My impression is they don't have "quality", so things like that don't affect things. Size does matter, in that hey will use up more (or less) organ space, but I don't tthink the adventure/stat yield scales with size - although I have not tested. If astral pilsner is size 1 - and gives its usual stats - what if the TCRS version is larger?

Again, a relay script showing the change in size for the consumable would be useful.

And did you know that a steel margarita varies in size?

Code:
    TCRS_Accordion_Thief_Blender.txt:2716:2743	aged steel margarita	3		
    TCRS_Accordion_Thief_Marmot.txt:2711:2743	triple-distilled smooth huge narrow steel margarita	6		
    TCRS_Accordion_Thief_Mongoose.txt:2716:2743	bad spirit-forward steel margarita	5		
    TCRS_Accordion_Thief_Packrat.txt:2716:2743	hand-crafted steel margarita	4		
    TCRS_Accordion_Thief_Platypus.txt:2712:2743	hand-crafted practically non-alcoholic steel margarita	1		
    TCRS_Accordion_Thief_Vole.txt:2716:2743	lousy steel margarita	3		
    TCRS_Disco_Bandit_Mongoose.txt:2716:2743	weak special bad wobbly blue steel margarita	2		Effect: "Weird Flavor", Effect Duration: 15
    TCRS_Disco_Bandit_Opossum.txt:2716:2743	perfectly mixed special practically non-alcoholic steel margarita	1		Effect: "Nothing Is Impossible", Effect Duration: 10
    TCRS_Disco_Bandit_Packrat.txt:2716:2743	acceptable high-proof enchanted steel margarita	6		Effect: "Cruisin' for a Bruisin'", Effect Duration: 5
    TCRS_Disco_Bandit_Vole.txt:2716:2743	delicious irresponsibly strong steel margarita	9		
    TCRS_Disco_Bandit_Wallaby.txt:2716:2743	lousy weak steel margarita	2		
    TCRS_Pastamancer_Blender.txt:2716:2743	mediocre steel margarita	3		
    TCRS_Pastamancer_Vole.txt:2715:2743	boozy perfectly mixed olive steel margarita	5		
    TCRS_Pastamancer_Wallaby.txt:2716:2743	irresponsibly strong bad steel margarita	9		
    TCRS_Sauceror_Blender.txt:2716:2743	smooth steel margarita	4		
    TCRS_Sauceror_Marmot.txt:2716:2743	practically non-alcoholic bad jittery steel margarita	1		
    TCRS_Sauceror_Mongoose.txt:2716:2743	bad distilled steel margarita	5		
    TCRS_Sauceror_Opossum.txt:2716:2743	triple-distilled artisanal steel margarita	7		
    TCRS_Sauceror_Packrat.txt:2716:2743	watered-down bad steel margarita	2		
    TCRS_Sauceror_Wallaby.txt:2716:2743	hand-crafted watered-down narrow steel margarita	2		
    TCRS_Sauceror_Wombat.txt:2716:2743	tolerable steel margarita	3		
    TCRS_Seal_Clubber_Mongoose.txt:2716:2743	artisanal jittery steel margarita	3		
    TCRS_Seal_Clubber_Platypus.txt:2716:2743	artisanal tumbling steel margarita	3		
    TCRS_Seal_Clubber_Vole.txt:2716:2743	bad steel margarita	3		
    TCRS_Seal_Clubber_Wombat.txt:2716:2743	aged weak squat steel margarita	2		
    TCRS_Turtle_Tamer_Mongoose.txt:2716:2743	smooth practically non-alcoholic steel margarita	1		
    TCRS_Turtle_Tamer_Wombat.txt:2714:2743	watered-down artisanal spinning steel margarita	2
    Drinking one adds 5 to your maximum inebriety - so if it is smaller than size 5, you have extra room in your liver to use right now - but if it is larger than 5, you can end up over drunk.

And did you know that a steel margarita varies in size?
    It also gives adventures!

Developer

Am pretty sure I read that the astral consumables give their normal adventures, based on level, but have the modified size

My Spoon evolved!
    Seal Clubber + Opossum

wool scorching Jack Frost's Annie Oakley's hale forbidden Socratic experienced hewn moon-rune spoon of bravery of the glutton of Flo-Jo 0 Experience: +2, Experience (Mysticality): +1, Spell Damage Percent: +50, Maximum HP: +20, Critical Hit Percent: +20, Cold Spell Damage: +50, Hot Damage: +25, Cold Resistance: +1, Spooky Resistance: +5, Food Drop: +100, Initiative: +100, Single Equip

What do you mean by "evolved"? I assume you are in a TCRS run. Are those the modifiers that it acquired when you entered the run, or were you in the run yesterday and they were different, or what?

Turtle Tamer, Packrat. I really like this one. Lots of sweet potions in market and gno-mart. 22 turns of Got Milk? buff from hot powder. Epic catsup from hermit.
    TCRS_Turtle_Tamer_Packrat_cafe_food.txt
    TCRS_Turtle_Tamer_Packrat.txt
    TCRS_Turtle_Tamer_Packrat_cafe_booze.txt

What do you mean by "evolved"? I assume you are in a TCRS run. Are those the modifiers that it acquired when you entered the run, or were you in the run yesterday and they were different, or what?
    It changed, I was posting the enhsncements it acquired in a new 2CRS instance so they can be added.

I was in 2CRS yesterday and It had the normal enhancements (I had not ascended since acquiring it). Then I ascended into 2CRS again and it changed enhancements.