Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Two Crazy Random Summer

Lastly, here is the data file I am working with, in case you are a Sauceror Wallaby character...
    Attached Files

Thanks for this, much appreciated.

SC/Mongoose generated with this attached.
    Attached Files

I think I finished my descriptor identifying script:

Code:
    > TCRS.ash

Using data override: data/TCRS_Sauceror_Wallaby.txt
    Read file TCRS_Sauceror_Wallaby.txt
    83 adjectives are removed from standard item names
    2605 items are unmodified in TCRS and 1646 are consumables and 1863 are usable and 3933 are equipment.
    29 descriptors provide only a cosmetic effect
    1076 equipment items have only cosmetic descriptors in TCRS and 2857 have additional descriptors.
    1803 equipment have additional non-cosmetic prefixes.
    203 equipment have only suffixes.
    851 have both non-cosmetic prefixes and suffuxes.
    31 descriptors modify food size or quality
    28 descriptors modify booze size or quality
    14 descriptors modify spleen toxin size or quality
    209 descriptors modify usable items
    Iteration #1 over 2857 items.
    Discoveries = 169 items eliminated = 2834
    Iteration #2 over 23 items.
    Discoveries = 0 items eliminated = 23
    129 equipment prefix descriptors have been identified
    40 equipment suffix descriptors have been identified
    I now distinguish between "usable" items - which might provide an effect, but it doesn't seem to correlate with particular descriptors - and equipment.

I attach the (final?) version of the script and three more data files:
    usable_descriptors.txt
    equipment_prefixes.txt
    equipment_suffixes.txt
    Attached Files

(That was not intended to be snarky.)

Haven't looked at our SVN code. How hard can it be to lookup a file in the Sourceforge repository and to download it into a local file?

I like it. Especially if somebody who already understands our SVN support does that part of it.
    Originally Posted by Veracity View Post
    I've looked at it a little. I am also lazy and tend to go with the first solution I think of, not necessarily the best.

Our SVN code is real good at managing directories but much less so in dealing with specific individual files. So one option would be to add the data files to their own directory at SourceForge. Existing code already can pull all of the data files locally. To support the path KoLmafia would have to make sure the directory was initially created and then (while in the path) update the local files without regard to the user's preference about checking SVN repositories. The informed user could make local changes and use the merge capability but changes that generated during a run would need special handling to recover from the data directory otherwise they would be overwritten.

SVN won't download unless there are changes. Protect local changes from being overwritten would require at least a file copy to be executed. AFAIK if we want to download a single, specific file, we will need to write code.

There are several cases where we load a file from an external repository - prices and faxbot data come immediately to mind - but we do so unconditionally and clobber what is already there. We could use existing code as an example since it is all focused on a single file. We can read gzip files but whether we leave them zipped locally and read or decompress once and read needs to be decided. If the repository file is zipped then it is an extra step a developer has to do on check in (and out) but it might be acceptable. We could also just stay straight text all around and tell users that if they want support for the path they need to have disk space and a connection fast enough to grab a larger file.

I'm inclined to say let the files stay where they are (src/data) in the repository, as text, use the current path and sign to derive the name of the file to fetch, and move the fetched file to the Kolmafia data directory unconditionally clobbering what is there.

People with slow connections and/or a lack of disk space locally will want compression. If the devs are not updating the repository versions frequently enough then folks will be unhappy losing and regenerating local changes.

I'm not going to do this yet but can if there is agreement that it is reasonable.
    Well, thank you.

Lastly, here is the data file I am working with, in case you are a Sauceror Wallaby character...
    are there specific wanted class/sign combos? If we're looking to derive all 56 it might be nice to have a checklist. I'd guess matching signs first.

I keep thinking that I'll see a mathematical pattern of item numbers and modifiers (something ridiculously simple like "modulo 29"), but I keep failing. If that gets cracked, it would definitely make both new items and the file size problem go away. But I'm not the right analyst to reverse engineer that pattern...

are there specific wanted class/sign combos? If we're looking to derive all 56 it might be nice to have a checklist. I'd guess matching signs first.

I keep thinking that I'll see a mathematical pattern of item numbers and modifiers (something ridiculously simple like "modulo 29"), but I keep failing. If that gets cracked, it would definitely make both new items and the file size problem go away. But I'm not the right analyst to reverse engineer that pattern...
    Originally Posted by MCroft View Post
    My DB/Vole data : TCRS_Disco_Bandit_Vole.txt

I am creating a new top-level directory "data", containing a "TCRS" subdirectory with the following files:

TCRS_Accordion_Thief_Vole.txt (mine)
    TCRS_Disco_Bandit_Vole.txt (Mcroft)
    TCRS_Sauceror_Wallaby.txt (mine)
    TCRS_Seal_Clubber_Mongoose.txt (xmccx)

I moved the first one out of src/data, so it will not be built into the jar any more.

I was going to do DB/Vole next, but Mcroft beat me to it. Thanks!

Instead, I will redo AT/Vole, since the file I published is incomplete, because I had to make two additional commits to add code to get around bad HTML in the _desc file, added by KoL with the advent of TCRS. The desc file parsing seems to work now; I have done a full "checkitems" and did not see any new errors.

After that, I'll move to a Gnome or Canadia sign and figure out what to do about the Cafe items. I think Ezandora did that, and it is probably just as simple as looking up the special item descs for the pseudo items.

If Frono wants to experiment with reading a file from "data/TCRS" i(rather than "src/data") into your local "data" directory, there will shortly be four files there to experiment with.

Regarding other files:

I have the following files I could add to "src/data":

TCRS.removed_adjectives.txt
    TCRS.cosmetic_prefixes.txt
    TCRS.booze_prefixes.txt
    TCRS.equipment_prefixes.txt
    TCRS.equipment_suffixes.txt
    TCRS.food_prefixes.txt
    TCRS.potion_prefixes.txt
    TCRS.spleen_prefixes.txt

I'm curious how the various food/booze/spleen prefixes correspont to change in size or quality.

lousy irresponsibly strong horizontal tango

has size 6 and quality decent

a regular horizontal tango has has size 4 and qualit good. So is "lousy" "quality -1" and "irresponsibly string "size + 2"?

No. irresponsibly strong tolerable bottle of rum is size 7 (+4) and quality "good" (+2)

And there are fixed modifiers, too: "practically non-alcoholic" boozes are size 1.

We probably have enough data to reverse engineer this, but who knows?

Should I rerun my SR/Packrat for the same reason, or can I put that up as is?

Edit: I ran tcrs derive again with no changes, so eh, here it is.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by the dictator; 05-28-2019 at 06:43 PM.

Thanks! I'll submit it.

tcrs apply will apply TCRS adjustments to all items.

- the Maximizer works
    -

This is probably all the time I have for at least a week. Looking forward to an easier life in Two Crazy Random Summer.
    I'm still having trouble with the Maximizer. I tried to maximize stench Res (for the kitchen) and game description is correct for equipment (gray pulsating rosewater-soaked turtlemail coif of the empath: Stench Res +3) but spleen items give the unmodified effect, not the TCRS effect. Beefy Pill shows effect Beefy, not no effect. Item Manager shows the correct description. Ditto Pec Oil, wrong effect in the Maximizer only.

--Is everyone else referring to this path as "T-Cars", like Z-Cars or LCARS? No, just me? Alright then...