Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 2019 IOTM Fourth of May Cosplay Saber

Mafia isn't seeing the Use the Force skill by default (going into a combat wielding the saber is required for it to Mafia to see the new skill, and doing a have_skill check dies to bad skill name before that as well), I'm using latest that has the Force prefs, but still no joy.

Mafia isn't seeing the Use the Force skill by default (going into a combat wielding the saber is required for it to Mafia to see the new skill, and doing a have_skill check dies to bad skill name before that as well), I'm using latest that has the Force prefs, but still no joy.
    Originally Posted by Kyrinia View Post
    19233 adds Use the Force as a skill.

Developer

r19293, untested, should use your highest buffed stat as the hit stat, and adds the skill as a known skill when equipped.

Could we get a preference for choiceAdventure1387 please?
    Would make scripting a lot easier.

Thanks.

Could we get a preference for choiceAdventure1387 please?
    Would make scripting a lot easier.
    Originally Posted by Malibu Stacey View Post
    You can still script choiceAdventures that don't have a preference with a simple set choiceAdventure1387 = 2 (or whatever option you want). Mafia will follow that property during automation. The only differences between a choiceadv preference you make and mafia's built-in ones are 1) there's no default so it will disappear if you lose your settings file, and b) there's no pretty configurable dropdown for it in the GUI.
    Sig by JakAtk
    My scripts: Prefref Plus | Skillref Plus | One-Click Wossna | Om*****st (??) | Psychose-a-Matic | RandBot
    Combat suite: Best Between Battle | Mercenary Mood | SmartStasis | BatMan | BatMan RE
    For script authors: ASH Wiki | ZLib | BatBrain | CLI Links | Drag-n-Drop Inventories | CanAdv | Script Registry | Map Manager
    If you appreciate my work, help me become BAT KING OF THE WORLD! Thanks to all donators!

a simple set choiceAdventure1387 = 2
    Originally Posted by zarqon View Post
    Alternatively, when mafia stops automation on the choiceadv because it has no default set, you can (in gCLI) choice 2 always

You can still script choiceAdventures that don't have a preference with a simple set choiceAdventure1387 = 2 (or whatever option you want). Mafia will follow that property during automation. The only differences between a choiceadv preference you make and mafia's built-in ones are 1) there's no default so it will disappear if you lose your settings file, and b) there's no pretty configurable dropdown for it in the GUI.
    Originally Posted by zarqon View Post
    You are an actual legend! Thanks zarqon!

Choice adventures (and therefore most settings) are implicit rather than explicit. Which is great, because it means we don’t have to maintain them constantly.

Other implicit settings:

• skillBurn# (for MP-burning priority)
    • breakableHandling# (for what to do when equipment breaks)
    • unknownRecipe# (for overriding recipes that have to be unlocked before use)

There may be others I’m not aware of.

Could the +effective tag in the modifier maximizer be updated to respect the saber as always an effective weapon?

Could the +effective tag in the modifier maximizer be updated to respect the saber as always an effective weapon?
    Originally Posted by soolar View Post
    It almost does this already, from what I can tell.
    Code:
    if ( this.effective )
    {
        if ( KoLCharacter.getAdjustedMoxie() >= KoLCharacter.getAdjustedMuscle() &&
            weaponType != WeaponType.RANGED &&
            ( !EquipmentDatabase.isKnife( id ) || !KoLCharacter.hasSkill( "Tricky Knifework" ) ) )
        {
            slot = auxSlot;
        }
        if ( KoLCharacter.getAdjustedMoxie() < KoLCharacter.getAdjustedMuscle() &&
            weaponType != WeaponType.MELEE )
        {
            slot = auxSlot;
        }
    }
    If Moxie is higher than Muscle but lower than Mysticality, the saber won’t be considered effective. This is because all weapons that use a stat besides Moxie are considered “melee”. The saber is literally the only weapon in the game that can use Mysticality for hit chance, as reflected in the getHitStatType() function (but not its Javadoc comment, which still claims it can only return Moxie or Muscle).