Feature - Implemented [Patch] Implement WarBear Armor Penetration

Saklad5

A few developers have expressed that they don’t feel this patch is worth implementing. If that is the case, please mark it as “Rejected”.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
A few developers have expressed that they don’t feel this patch is worth implementing. If that is the case, please mark it as “Rejected”.

I realize you asked for feedback elsewhere and got beaten up, but one public comment by one developer doesn't seem to me to be "a few". I also did not read the comment as endorsing or rejecting but instead asking what the impact might be.

As an aside you might start watching for clues in context when devs start saying "No". In some cases something really is A Bad Idea and there are usually one or more reasons supporting that opinion. But sometimes "No" really means - "I personally don't care enough about this to do the work myself, but I don't care either way if someone else does the work."

To be clear, as a philosophy I am OK with KoLmafia supporting any modifiers that KoL does. If that support requires a reasonable amount of time and effort to implement and test and doesn't break anything then why not? Even if it is old, niche content it might future proof KoLmafia for the day when there is a PVP mini based upon the expected damage to High Ranking Warbear Officers.

I'm about to embark on a busy week in Real Life. If this is still out there with no strongly worded suggestions that it is A Bad Idea, I'll look at it with the expectation of committing it in a week or so.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
The silence was deafening.

r19202

Lightly tested by script pull of items with modifier from DC and "WarBear Armor Penetration" as the maximizer string.