Little problem with images not showing up

Ima Felyn

Hi, so this has been plaguing me for a while now and I'm finally making a post about it, there seems to be some issue with buff icons and whatnot not displaying correctly, any ideas how I might fix this, it's been this way for months. I use the latest KoLmafia builds and run "svn update" regularly too, I'm not sure how else I might fix this.

XXageMu.png

AlbinoRhino

These are images included with chit. Is there a folder in your mafia folder at YOUR_MAFIA_FOLDER/images/relayimages/chit ? And if so, are there any images in that folder? And if there are, can you view those images with an image viewer (besides your browser)?

AlbinoRhino

Hmm...that's good. I guess I would next suggest closing the relay browser and clearing your browser cache (if you haven't tried that already) and then reloading the relay browser.

AlbinoRhino

Well....what browser are you using? When I get a chance, I will see if I can reproduce the issue.

Also, if you have edited the default settings for ChIT (by either editing your local repo or via mafia's properties), you should probably post anything that isn't the default.

Also, if you can obtain the frame source and post it, it that would also likely be helpful.

Ima Felyn

Sorry for the late reply, been a tad busy.

Well....what browser are you using? When I get a chance, I will see if I can reproduce the issue.
Firefox 66.0.2 (I started a new profile to test this thinking maybe an add-on or config change was the cause, but a stock/clean Firefox profile still has the issue as OP) [BONUS: Windows 10 64-bit, 1809 / 17763.404]

Also, if you have edited the default settings for ChIT (by either editing your local repo or via mafia's properties), you should probably post anything that isn't the default.

I'm pretty sure everything is stock, I don't recall ever touching any settings.

Last edited:

Ima Felyn

just tried that, didn't seem to help.

but I did do "svn update" I do this reguarly anyways but I noticed this bit here.

Code:
Updating mafiachit...
C:\Programs\KoL Mafia\svn\mafiachit
svn: E204899: Cannot read from 'C:\Programs\KoL Mafia\svn\mafiachit\.svn\pristine\88\88e10ecce071b130c983245a7654daa24233a148.svn-base': C:\Programs\KoL Mafia\svn\mafiachit\.svn\pristine\88\88e10ecce071b130c983245a7654daa24233a148.svn-base (The system cannot find the path specified)

Any idea whats this means, how to fix, maybe this is the cause?

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
just tried that, didn't seem to help.

but I did do "svn update" I do this reguarly anyways but I noticed this bit here.

Code:
svn: E204899: Cannot read from 'C:\Programs\KoL Mafia\svn\mafiachit\.svn\pristine\88\88e10ecce071b130c983245a7654daa24233a148.svn-base': C:\Programs\KoL Mafia\svn\mafiachit\.svn\pristine\88\88e10ecce071b130c983245a7654daa24233a148.svn-base (The system cannot find the path specified)

Any idea whats this means, how to fix, maybe this is the cause?

Sounds like the SVN directory for CHIT got corrupted. The Nuclear Option would be to uninstall CHIT via mafia's Script Management menu. Whether that worked (or not) then manually delete C:\Programs\KoL Mafia\svn\mafiachit and subdirectories and then reinstall CHIT using the Script Manager of svn command.

SandCastor

Hopefully not too necro, but to solve this problem (for me it was the Hidden city, and the MP icon for MP restoratives)
I went the long way around. I logged in to KOL vanilla in a browser, downloaded the images, and saved them over the copies that were in he mafia folder. A minor labour, but worked great.