New Content - Implemented 2019 April IOTM - PirateRealm membership packet

AlbinoRhino

So, yesterday I noticed that the Coinmasters frame (on the tab at the top) thought I had 67 FunPoints when the Fun-a-Log (in the browser) told me I had 400+ (don't remember the exact number). Today after finishing the PirateRealm, I checked again and the Coinmaster frame still says 67 while the browser says 796.

I was looking in FunALogRequest.java and saw this:

Code:
private static final Pattern TOKEN_PATTERN = Pattern.compile( "<b>You have ([\\d,]+) FunPoints?</b>" );

Looking at the Fun-a-Log html I see a period between "Funpoints" and "</b>" which I think may be causing this matcher to fail?

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Seems likely. I fixed it, ran my PirateRealm adventure today, went to the Fun-A-Log, and the Coinmaster updated to have the correct value.

Revision 19199

AlbinoRhino

Mine still said 67 when I logged in but, this time, when I clicked the 'visit' button, it updated to the correct value. Thanks!

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
We don't look at the FUn-A-Log when you log in. We assume whatever the setting says is correct.
However, if you press "visit" in the Coinmaster Frame or visit the Fun-A-Log in the Relay Browser, we sync up.

We also don't detect gaining FunPoints during adventuring, although we could. There are things we could do to make this more seamless - including that -but it's effort vs. value, at this point and for now I am content that "visit" syncs up correctly.

Malibu Stacey

I assume this is from here

Code:
--------------------
10244	one piece of bubble gum	829221842	pieceof13.gif	usable	t,d	37
Item	one piece of bubble gum	Effect: "Sugar Rush", Effect Duration: 10
--------------------

Miser

Since the lucky gold ring can only drop one volcoino per day, I made a patch to track this in the property `_luckyGoldRingVolcoino`. According to the wiki, the gold ring is the only way volcoinos can drop after combat, so the logic should be fine.

Attachments

• goldringvolcoino.patch
    1.7 KB · Views: 17

Miser

Has anyone had time to look at my patch? I think it's a desirable feature not just for myself, as in some cases the ring is only worth using until the volcoino drops.