Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: 2019 April IOTM - PirateRealm membership packet

Developer

I'd be a whole new mechanism since they are the same snarfblat. We could not deduce it from api.php or the char pane, but perhaps we could remember what choice you selected from the "choose my destination" choiceadv and use it for logging, at least.
    Originally Posted by Veracity View Post
    We could also use it to set the monster appearance rates in AreaCombatData.

Are we going to add new modifiers for things like FunPoint drops and sailing speed? Rubee Drop was added for FantasyRealm, after all.

On a related note, is there a reason that a lot of modifiers arenít actually implemented, just commented out in modifiers.txt? If it is just that no one cares, Iíd be happy to implement a lot of them myself.

Developer

Generally because no one cares and wouldnít maximise for them. If you arenít going to maximise for them, we donít really need to support. Occasionally when one becomes important it gets added.

Can certainly see an argument for adding various ways of adding passive or retribution damage, as they are used in both ascension and a number of other fights. Probably would want both average damage and source count for each type.

Generally because no one cares and wouldn’t maximise for them. If you aren’t going to maximise for them, we don’t really need to support. Occasionally when one becomes important it gets added.

Can certainly see an argument for adding various ways of adding passive or retribution damage, as they are used in both ascension and a number of other fights. Probably would want both average damage and source count for each type.
    Originally Posted by Darzil View Post
    I do want to maximize for a lot of them, actually. “Allows Pickpocketing”, for instance, especially if being the right classes were recognized as giving that modifier as well, is very useful. My general design ideal consists of hardcoding as little as possible in favor of specifying what I actually want, and that only works if things like that are accessible programmatically.
    I mean, a lot of the unimplemented modifiers are booleans with no impact on other modifiers. Couldn’t we just throw them in without making any real code changes? If they don’t get used by anyone, they don’t get used by anyone.

If the patches will be accepted, I’m more than willing to steadily go through modifiers.txt with the Find tool, and implement each commented-out attribute I find (besides the ones that are genuinely more complicated). Almost none of them will require any real code changes, and people will be able to use them with the Modifier Maximizer by using their exact names.
    Last edited by Saklad5; 04-12-2019 at 12:03 PM.

For PirateRealm items, I recommend adding a new modifier: FunPoint Drop. Due to PirateRealmís design, the specific criteria for the bonuses can easily be implemented by restricting them by location.
    Code:
    Item    PirateRealm party hat    Muscle: +10, Mysticality: +10, Moxie: +10, FunPoint Drop: +1
    Item    Red Roger's red right foot    FunPoint Drop: [1*loc(Sailing the PirateRealm Seas)], Single Equip

Just saying, I continously forget to set_location() so scaling them by that would probably piss me off more than if it would just suggest both, always. Especially because you have to swap back and fourth 5 times during a run through the realm, and ideally you do that when you just finished the location, which means that would still be your location by default, and thus, wrong all 5 times. Possibly 6 times, but I don't know if the 'choose your mate/curio/ship encounter sets your location to the sea or not.
    Last edited by the dictator; 04-12-2019 at 02:59 PM.

Just unlocked it, filling out my shop:

Code:
    --------------------
    10230 piratical blunderbuss 141455552 pr_gun.gif weapon 0
    piratical blunderbuss 80 Mox: 0 2-handed rifle
    Item piratical blunderbuss Familiar Weight: +5, Booze Drop: +30
    --------------------
    --------------------
    153 PirateRealm Assortment prealmtat.gif PirateRealm party hat, piratical blunderbuss, conquistador's breastplate, plush sea serpent, pirate radio ring
    Outfit PirateRealm Assortment Moxie Percent: +20
    --------------------
    --------------------
    PirateRealm Fun-a-Log buy 1000 piratical blunderbuss ROW1063
    --------------------

Nice! Thanks. Revision 19176 will now show all items in the Fun-a-Log, but ones you have not yet unlocked are greyed out.

I have over 1,000 FunPoints, but have not unlocked the blunderbus, It is greyed out.
    I have less than 5,000 FunPoints and have not unlocked the tattoo kit. It is greyed out.

Have not checked yet if ASH function to buy from a coinmaster actually checks if the item is available. Will check - and correct, if needed - by and by.
    Last edited by Veracity; 04-14-2019 at 05:06 AM.

prAlways hasn't been given it's own checkbox in preferences -> IotM tracking (yet).
    Edit: barrelShrineUnlocked is also missing
    Last edited by the dictator; 04-17-2019 at 12:34 AM.

Developer

Barrel shrine is different, there is no daily access so visiting it in the browser will set the preference.