Feature - Rejected Daily Deeds: Fortune Buff and Spacegate Vaccination Machine

taltamir

I would like to suggest adding 2 daily deeds to the daily deeds pane:
1. zatara the fortune teller's daily fortune buff (from asking an NPC).
2. spacegate vaccination machine

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I feel like these have been asked before although I can't find them.

I do recall a number of Daily Deeds requests that have been made and not implemented because a custom deed can be easily made. So is it possible to make a custom deed that would satisfy either? If not then that is a good argument in favor of implementing.

Darzil

Developer
I think I would prefer that we add daily deeds for Items of the Month where possible, as we have done so in the past.

It is not urgent, however, as custom ones can be created.

The thing I prefer about the built in ones is they will display or not based on whether you have the appropriate item or access available.

Last edited:
I think I would prefer that we add daily deeds for Items of the Month where possible, as we have done so in the past.

It is not urgent, however, as custom ones can be created.

The thing I prefer about the built in ones is they will display or not based on whether you have the appropriate item or access available.

This may be a stupid question, as I have not read the documentation lostcalpolydude linked above (and have misunderstood the documentation in the past anyways), but would it be possible to add that functionality to the custom deed process if it is not already there?

Saklad5

I think the best solution here would be to enhance the capabilities of custom Daily Deeds to match the hard-coded ones. I’m thinking ASH script hooks along the lines of the counterScript system: you specify the path of ASH scripts that act as triggers, and the path of ASH scripts that actually get run, and they each have designated functions that get run.

I’d also welcome better organization options for Daily Deeds, where you could group multiple Deeds together into one collapsible section of the Daily Deed list. Bale’s script linked above is an excellent illustration of why this is necessary. Comboboxes are a step in the right direction, but without the ability to nest or combine choices, they can only do so much.