Thread: Angry Ghost drops not specified

Default Angry Ghost drops not specified

Right now, the only drop listed for the “angry ghost” enemy is a single ghostly ectoplasm with no known drop rate.

However, the wiki shows that it drops three ghostly ectoplasm: the first has a rate of 100%, the second has a rate of 10%, and the third has a rate of 1%. As this particular monster is very relevant to Standard right now, there’s been a lot of spading done on that.

I’m not quite sure how to add item drops for monsters (it appears to be in multiple places, and I’d probably miss a few), so I’d appreciate it if someone made this change on my behalf.

It's in one place, in monsters.txt.

Revision 19137

It's in one place, in monsters.txt.
    Originally Posted by Veracity View Post
    Ah, I thought there was more detailed information elsewhere. I see now that you just prefix the rates with letters as appropriate.

Would it be helpful if I wrote a program that automatically checked the wiki entry of every monster with an unspaded drop rate for new info?

It wouldn’t be comprehensive, of course, and I’d have to check the results manually. But if there’s a lot of missing drop rates like this, it could be useful.
    Last edited by Saklad5; 03-16-2019 at 05:45 PM.

Developer

The wiki drop rates are generally hideous, at least for old monsters. We know that most drop rates are a factor of 5, and very few have decimal places, as that requires special code, but there are loads on there which don't match that. They are usually wrong.

I've been checking a few: the topiary pestopiary drops are 15%, the fun-guy playmate's spore is 5%, I have the higher drops for the Airborne Commander and Sky Captain and all the drops for Green Ops and Heavy Kegtank; Aenimus checked the 151 infantryman. There's no guarantee that the existing Mafia rates are correct, either (though whether that's inaccuracy in the original spading or historical changes I don't know), though they're generally very good (all I recall is the fleet woodsman's Green Manalishi being 20, not 15 as originally estimated).

The war drops tended to assume that anything with two drops had one high and one low: this was sometimes right, but sometimes it was two of the same. It's looking likely that the windchimes / phone are always 3%, though.

There are an awful lot of missing drop rates like this, I'm heading through ~1 per aftercore day using the perfectly fair coin. The only spading note I have is that Macrometeorite causes the coin to not work (or I was doing something else wrong), and that Mafia sets the location of copied combats to the last place you spent an adventure (I was using spooky putty), so the Florist plant will show up in your item drops, and you need to either remember that when computing item drop or set_location manually to something else before every fight.

I've been checking a few: the topiary pestopiary drops are 15%, the fun-guy playmate's spore is 5%, I have the higher drops for the Airborne Commander and Sky Captain and all the drops for Green Ops and Heavy Kegtank; Aenimus checked the 151 infantryman. There's no guarantee that the existing Mafia rates are correct, either (though whether that's inaccuracy in the original spading or historical changes I don't know), though they're generally very good (all I recall is the fleet woodsman's Green Manalishi being 20, not 15 as originally estimated).

The war drops tended to assume that anything with two drops had one high and one low: this was sometimes right, but sometimes it was two of the same. It's looking likely that the windchimes / phone are always 3%, though.

There are an awful lot of missing drop rates like this, I'm heading through ~1 per aftercore day using the perfectly fair coin. The only spading note I have is that Macrometeorite causes the coin to not work (or I was doing something else wrong), and that Mafia sets the location of copied combats to the last place you spent an adventure (I was using spooky putty), so the Florist plant will show up in your item drops, and you need to either remember that when computing item drop or set_location manually to something else before every fight.
    Originally Posted by Ryo_Sangnoir View Post
    I know I caught one of those data points recently, because it was mentioned in /hardcore, but generally the new spading doesn't make it anywhere that is likely to get mafia's values updated. I just pulled up all the wiki pages for monsters you mentioned, so those are updated now.

Yeah -- I didn't mean it as an indictment, sorry if it came off that way. I note these down in a notepad file and post them in chunks on this forum occasionally, but the slight effort that takes means that I don't do it often, but only after I've collated a bunch. I don't mean to propose a solution -- I'm not sure how it could be made easier, really.

Thanks for the updates. It looks like you missed the War Frat 151st Infantryman -- that line would be
    Code:
    War Frat 151st Infantryman	423	warfrata.gif	Atk: 170 Def: 157 HP: 185 Init: 40 E: sleaze P: orc	beer bomb (5)	beer helmet (10)	bejeweled pledge pin (10)	bottle opener belt buckle (10)	flask flops (5)	distressed denim pants (10)	keg shield (5)	perforated battle paddle (10)
    with some values updated and the flask flops added.