Bug Spooky Forest Noncombat choices

Kyrinia

No matter what number I set the spooky forest second adventure (505, Consciousness of a Stream) it defaults to and selects the first choice.
I have 502 the first choice set to 1, and that works, setting 505 to 0 gives the manual prompt, but any other number makes it default to choice 1 get 3 spooky mushrooms, both in the relay browser underline/auto and during automated adventuring.

(I want it to select option 2 on this screen to skip the adventure without cost, but.. no luck)

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Have you used the GUI to set that to "Spooky Temple map then skip adventure"? That choice chain has a lot of special handling, so setting individual choices is less likely to do what you would expect than normal.

Kyrinia

I tried that first, expecting it to be what I wanted, and it did not, I could not find any of the dropdown choices would select the middle one either, which is why I moved on to setting properties directly.

(I was doing this in aftercore as a sealclubber, chasing the demon name, I completed the quests and such as ed, if any of these things help)

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
I don't actually see any special overrides for choiceAdventure505 in ChoiceManager. There is special logic for 502, but that only checks whether you have a tree-holed coin (and should redeem for a spooky temple map, if your options are set to map then skip adventure).

Don't you want both choiceAdventure502 and 505 to be set to 2?

Are you setting these values via CLI (e.g. "set choiceAdventure502 = 2")? Setting them by editing the preferences textfile while Mafia is running is unreliable.

Kyrinia

I tend to set things with ashq set_property("xxx",123); I verified it was changing with prefref 505 (and the relay browser underlining changed when I changed it to and from 0) I also set 502 to 2 the same way when I went to set 505 by cli, and that part worked, it just always looted shrooms regardless of what I set 505 to other than 0.

Not a big deal as I did eventually get my demon name, but still odd.