Thread: 19118: More Dark Gyffte monsters

RSS 19118: More Dark Gyffte monsters

More Dark Gyffte monsters

by veracity0 on 2019-02-28 06:24:27

M /src/data/monsters.txt (view) (diff)
    Download the latest KolMafia build here.
    Every new revision posted within the hour.
    New EXE builds every Monday.

Developer

Will we need some monster recognition code for these as the names vary by run, or is that handled automatically by image now?

Also - apologies for not continuing with this, as haven't found time to play my alt or code since the first day or so.

I just completed my first run. I got all Boising clan, as opposed to Belmont or whatever. The image names all contain belmont, so that is the canonical name. Interestingly, my Monster Manuel entries all say Boising, as missingManuel (and a debug log) says, although I don't actually see that in the browser. I assume that Bale's Monster Manual relay override, which fixes images, also canonicalizes the displayed name, or something.

The fact that Manuel says Boising for me makes me wonder if the names actually vary by run - or by player?

I've only seen these monsters once each (modulo dying, to some of them repeatedly before I learned the ropes ). I don't recall whether we "recognized" the first two, which you'd entered, when I saw them. I'll start another run on Saturday and will see what needs to be done.

The names vary per run. Manuel will always show the latest name (before that KoL change, they all showed %belmont% instead, like the current %alucard% display).

The names vary per run. Manuel will always show the latest name (before that KoL change, they all showed %belmont% instead, like the current %alucard% display).
    Originally Posted by lostcalpolydude View Post
    This is pretty funny.

Code:
    Checking for updates (running missingManuel ver. 1.37)...
    You have a current version of missingManuel.
    Checking Monster Manuel...
    A
    B
    C
    D
    E
    F
    G
    H
    I
    J
    Monster #2107 has name 'Jayden Belmont' but Manuel calls it 'Jayden Barsing'
    K
    L
    M
    N
    O
    P
    Q
    R
    Monster #2106 has name 'Ricardo Belmont' but Manuel calls it 'Ricardo Barsing'
    S
    Monster #2105 has name 'Steve Belmont' but Manuel calls it 'Steve Barsing'
    T
    Monster #2108 has name 'Travis Belmont' but Manuel calls it 'Travis Barsing'
    U
    V
    W
    X
    Y
    Z
    Now I know my ABCs!
    -
    It was Boising last run. Apparently it is Barsing this run - and I know this without actually having met any of them yet.
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu
    R'lyeh wgah-nagl fhtagn.