sl_ascend - a cc_ascend fork

Status
Not open for further replies.

soolar

Since Cheesecookie seems to be moving on to other things going by various comments, I decided to fork cc_ascend to update it for the changes from the start of the year! I can't say with certainty that I will maintain this fork for the long term, but that is my current plan... We'll all see what the future holds!

https://github.com/soolar/sl_ascend

I'd prefer issues to be reported through the github issue tracker, but posts here or kmails to me (Soolar the Second (#2463557)) are also acceptable.

I've been working on this for a couple days, and decided to release it to the general public because it just finished its first HCStd run! (3/787)

Magus_Prime

Thanks for taking this script under your wing. I tried it today and opened two issues on GitHub but it did okay. Do you think you'll try to add support for eating and drinking in HC?

thespyguy

I got this error:
Calling undefined user function: LX_pirateOutfit (sl_edTheUndying.ash, line 1909)
at LM_edTheUndying (sl_edTheUndying.ash:1909)
at doTasks (sl_ascend.ash:13946)
at sl_begin (sl_ascend.ash:14308)
at main (sl_ascend.ash:14363)

This is in the middle of a cc_ascend script because i'm a noob and didnt realize he never updated for the new changes.
I did update all the scripts.

soolar

Phillammon is also now a contributor! Hooray!

Also, thespyguy, I believe that I just fixed that issue. Let me know if it persists!

EDIT: Oh, and Magus_Prime, I'll definitely look in to eating and drinking in HC, but I doubt it will be simple, so don't expect anything for a couple days at least, probably.

Last edited:

Rinn

Developer
I was thinking about doing this, I have a bunch of similiar local changes to cc_ascend already. I'll see about what was done in your repo vs my local changes and make a pull request when I have some free time.

Pazleysox

Thank you so much for taking on this juggernaut of a script! I for one greatly appreciate it. I'm not a GREAT author, but would love to offer my services if I can help at all. In game: PazSox

soolar

I'll assemble that some time soon, because I'm not 100% sure myself. I don't really think there are any iotm that are 100% required though, and definitely no pulls are required since it can handle hardcore. Skills though, you're almost definitely going to want saucestorm, or you'll have a bad time against ghosts. As for recommended stuff to speed it up, that's a different matter... I'll look in to it.

Was in the middle of a HC Seal Clubber run, decided to try this out. I notice it seems to be attempting to make a /lot/ of sausages; is meat really so worthless in HC that it's a good idea to make all 23 of them? Tangential suggestion, wouldn't it be better to eat sausages as you need refills on MP, rather than all at once at the start, and then just eat the rest when you're nearly out of adventures for the day?

Also, this is probably not something that the fork caused, but when it attempts to adventure in the hidden temple it automatically aborts and asks for Stone-Faced, with something about 'donut allowed to farm sheep' (unfortunately the exact error was not saved into the session log). I used a genie wish to get it (I doubt this is the optimal use of those, but I'm lazy), and it ran the one adventure then aborted and asked for it again. Is this intended behavior?

Lastly, I can't seem to find the thread or anything really about cc_ascend and what it expects you to do for it. I know not all of the requirements will still be relevant, but it would be good to have while you're still hashing out what's truly necessary for this version. Could someone point me towards that?

Last edited:

Crowther

Just a note, cc_ascend is still getting updated.

EDIT: Sauceror Standard (Hardcore) 3 669

Last edited:
I feel like this is a stupid question, but how do I modify its behavior in combat? Editing 'sl_default' doesn't do anything (presumably because the ccs is set to 'null' automatically, but I don't understand how it fights battles if that's the case). It's having issues with ghosts despite having saucestorm available, and all it does is cast micrometeorite then spam lunge smack.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I find it has lots of issues in combat, as did cc_ascend, so I just suck it up and run manually. Both sl_ and cc_ will reset the ccs to null and (unlike other settings) make no attempt to reset it. I'd love an option to be deliberately suboptimal and use "my" ccs and maybe even allow a recovery script but I don't know how reasonable those requests are.

Well, the only reference to 'null' in any of the files is in sl_ascend.ash, line 1656

Code:
cli_execute("ccs null")

I've already used my turns today, but unless anyone jumps in with why this would be a bad idea, I'll change that to an actual combat script and see how it goes tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.