Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: sl_ascend - a cc_ascend fork

@fronobulax: Your description of what happens agrees, exactly, with my experience.

Normally the problem happens a couple of times, early in a run, and then doesn't happen again in that run. Since the mafia recovery settings, and/or UR, work just fine for 99% of what I do I haven't tried twiddling mafia's recovery settings.

Just started a HC Disco Run.

It is in the kitchen.

It aborts saying it is having trouble in combat. I change to my WHAM based CCS and run the script to finish the combat from the relay browser. Every time so far, it casts Saucy Salve to recover HP and then finishes the monster with a single Clobber. This serves to reinforce my belief that the script can do better in both recovery and combat :-)

I have a couple of issues with a couple of runs.

1. HC PM - It couldn't get a Stone Wool so I had to use a wish to get it
    2. SC PM - It bought stuff to eat in the mall but couldn't pull it.

Anyway to get around either
    '

It couldn't get a Stone Wool
    Originally Posted by txrangersxx View Post
    I'm on my third HC run that has aborted because there was no stone wool when it wanted it. Maybe there is an ITOM that helps with the drop and I don't have it or maybe the RNG Hates Me?

I'm also getting "We are getting beaten up too much, this is not good. Aborting." much more than I would expect if the script were properly handling combat and recovery.
    You just vehemently agreed with me
    Originally Posted by Veracity View Post
    I agree with frono.
    Originally Posted by Veracity View Post

Out of the 12 standard standard runs, I had one abort due to stone wool. It could not restart, which I consider a bigger bug. I too wished up some.

Speaking of wishes, I'm surprised those are never used (other than for pocket wishes). For the last few runs, I started wishing up lobsterfrogmans, because I saw it skip that side quest some times.

Unlike others here, I never had meat issues even on day one. Finding decent consumables was hard, due to 2019 restrictions, but that isn't the scripts fault.

In theory the new challenge path comes out Friday...

Here I am again. Always complaining. This might be a logic flaw, though.

At various times the script complained that it had to power level. I let it. Then it complained about spending too much time at the Hole in the sky. I get that, too.

Then it started the Copperhead Quest, had to get the Shen item from the Hole and refused to do so because of the number of turns already burned there. It might not be this simple but it sounds like needing to visit the Hole to get the Shen item probably should override any check for too many adventures.

Had the same issue with the smut orcs. And no idea why it didn't pull a star chart since I had one in Hagnks

ok another issue. It does not use smut orc keepsake boxes. It will also but key lime pies even if you have then inventory

I set mafia's MP recovery to 10%/30% (as opposed to 30%/50%) and am doing much better in terms of meat. Not aborting nearly as much because recovery failed.

I still find a lot of cases where it stops because it is unable to handle the monster, I change the CCS to WHAM, start the script in the relay browser, WHAM casts an HP restore once or twice and then finishes off the monster with one shot.

It's probably easier to just tweak combat but there is certainly the potential for a feature request to transfer control to a user specified CCS (instead of aborting) when a monster can't be handled (and then switch back and continue).

It wants to visit the Fantasy Realm but is getting beaten up every turn. I can think of several ways to handle this but it has been a consistent problem early in a run for me.

Thanks.