Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: sl_ascend - a cc_ascend fork

This really needs to stay out of FantasyRealm and Neverending Party for first time runners of the vampire path. All it does is waste turns dying
    Originally Posted by txrangersxx View Post
    It should stay out of areas that cost turns, and don't advance you in the ascension.

Also, Why does the script choose to create food/booze, when epic food/booze are available in a Dark Gyffte run?
    Scripts I have written:
    Unlock Dread A Script to save you a bunch of clicks.
    Standard Rollover Bonus A Script that shows best items to pull/equip for bonus turns.
    Standard PVP Bonus A Script that shows the best items to pull/equip for bonus PVP Fights.
    Rollover Management A Script that does all the daily deeds you might have forgotten, or might have missed.
    Chatbot A Chatbot script. Simple start for those who want/need one for their clan.
    Zap Wand A Dungeon of Doom ZAP WAND getting script.

Well now it is adventuring in the pandemonium slums for Dark Gyffe which is utterly wrong since you can't use any steel organs in this path. Also still not fixed the smut orcs using the keepsake box or the new mechanics there and it needs to use it wishes each day instead of just making pocket wishes. Does the maintainers of this script know how to ascend?

Well now it is adventuring in the pandemonium slums for Dark Gyffe which is utterly wrong since you can't use any steel organs in this path. Also still not fixed the smut orcs using the keepsake box or the new mechanics there and it needs to use it wishes each day instead of just making pocket wishes. Does the maintainers of this script know how to ascend?
    Originally Posted by txrangersxx View Post
    I'm going to put on my Moderator hat and suggest you reconsider your overall tone. This is freely provided to the community and your complaint has an unjustified air of entitlement to it. It is also true that

I'd prefer issues to be reported through the github issue tracker, but posts here or kmails to me (Soolar the Second (#2463557)) are also acceptable.
    Originally Posted by soolar View Post
    and it may be that you would get the response you believe you are entitled to by posting at github.
    You just vehemently agreed with me
    Originally Posted by Veracity View Post
    I agree with frono.
    Originally Posted by Veracity View Post

Lumps taken, I apologize for the tone will post on github

Hello

Thanks for the work on the script. I got a bit bored of a hardcore Dark Gyffte ascension I had just started and when I read that sl_ascend can do DG I decided to give it a go. But I had already played several turns which may have lead to these issues:

1) Script got in a loop at the haunted kitchen because of the warning message that my mystically was too low (<20)
    2) Script was fighting a chalkdust wraith and bailed out of the combat because it couldn't do elemental damage and was running low on HP
    3) Script ran out of adventures and stopped, instead of making food / booze
    4) I would have expected the script to make and drink four units of booze to give a better chance of hustling the billiard room ghost
    5) After manually making some comestibles I restarted the script and it has headed to the spooky forest for the hidden temple map, but hasn't cast Blood Cloak to get -NC
    6) Script didn't go to FantasyRealm to collect a Mage Hat (+15 myst is useful at low level - but when I got the hat myself the script removed it to put on a viking helmet)

I can log these as issues on Github if preferred, but some of them may be user error or my misunderstanding of how the script should be used

Cheers
    E
    Last edited by Eventvwr; 03-19-2019 at 09:02 PM.

[...]
    3) Script ran out of adventures and stopped, instead of making food / booze
    4) I would have expected the script to make and drink four units of booze to give a better chance of hustling the billiard room ghost
    Originally Posted by Eventvwr View Post
    Okay, I've read the release notes and seen that diet needs to be handled manually, so ignore the above

I'm at level 11 now and have seen some more things that might warrant changing in a DG ascension:
    7) script chose Brother Corsican's blessing (but no familiars in this path)
    8) script seems to be buying a lot of hairspray (but Moxie is pegged to Myst with the Sinister Charm skill)
    9) to get a decent diet (in hardcore) I like to get to the haunted wine cellar (to get dusty b bottles of wine) as soon as I can after reaching level 11 but the script heads for the copperhead quest - could this choice be altered?
    10) script didn't maximise sleaze damage for the zeppelin protestors (e.g. didn't wear jefferson wings that dropped)

I have to say that although it isn't the most efficient it is a lot less work than a manual ascension so thanks again for your work on this

Cheers
    E