sl_ascend - a cc_ascend fork

Status
Not open for further replies.

ereinion

In win10, you can go something like "C:\Users\xxx\Program\KoLMafia\svn\soolar-sl_ascend-trunk-RELEASE\data\sl_ascend_equipment.txt" and change line 370 from "weapon 29 Homoerotic Frat-Paddle class:Seal Clubber" to "weapon 29 Orcish Frat-Paddle class:Seal Clubber". Be careful to not change anything but the text you want to, e.g. changing tabs to spaces could have an adverse effect.

Then you go to the cli in mafia and type in "svn sync" and the script should work properly again.

Kyrinia

minor: new install creates/overwrites /cc_ascend/standard.ash (which I would imagine will break a current cc_ascend install)

Boesbert

So I ran my last ascension with sl_ascend... then in aftercore I had to deal with the usual issues I had to deal with in post-cc_ascend aftercore as well, like resetting spookloweener preferences, and including setting the CCS back to just attack (because whatever else the ascension script had set it to resulted in my own native combat macros to abort after 37 tries, this happened with cc_ascend a lot as well).

But now in my next ascension, sl_ascend won't run anymore, giving back the error message "No matching CCS found!". I tried exiting mafia and setting the CCS to sl_default but that doesn't seem to have fixed anything, and I have no idea how to use mafia's CCS anyway. Please help me be able to run sl_ascend again.

edit: uninstalling and reinstalling the script helped. it set the CCS to null (?).

Last edited:

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Both cc and sl set the CCS to null. That is expected and normal behavior. Neither was especially good at restoring the CCS to what was there before. If you run turns with null as the CSS then aborting after 37 is the expected behavior. The workaround is to use the CSS selection menu to select another CCS (or write a script to do so). I believe mafia always defines a CSS named default so there should be something to select.

Note that there is a distinction between the CSS not being set to anything at all (null) and the CSS being set to the file name "null" (actually /dist/css/null.css). The former is arguably a mafia bug if it ever occurs.

Boesbert

Heh. That will require some effort for me to understand and get into. The practical thing I just want to do in aftercore is hit "script" at the row of buttons at the top of my combat screen and have mafia just attack for the rest of the fight.

Unrelated issue: Is it due to mafia or due to sl_ascend that blech house isn't handled (particularly during DG ascensions)?

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Heh. That will require some effort for me to understand and get into. The practical thing I just want to do in aftercore is hit "script" at the row of buttons at the top of my combat screen and have mafia just attack for the rest of the fight.

Unrelated issue: Is it due to mafia or due to sl_ascend that blech house isn't handled (particularly during DG ascensions)?

OK.

When you want to just press script, after sl_ascend has not cleaned up nicely, go to the Main Interface in KoLmafia and select the tab that says "Custom Combat". Near the middle there will be a gray bar that has a word in it, most likely "null". That bar is a drop down menu. Use it to select "default". You should then see something that says default, special action and attack with weapon in some kind of tree structure. That means mafia will try and pickpocket (and perhaps other things) and then attack with the weapon.

Day 2, softcore DG, boo peak is 30% haunted, 2 boo clues in inventory:
Code:
We are in an A-Boo Peak cycle and can't find anything else to do. Aborting. If you have actual other quests left, please report this. Otherwise, complete A-Boo peak manually

I still had a whole bunch of quests unfinished, so I'm assuming this is just not being able to heal because DG.

Arashmin

Is there a way to force the DG skill selection? For some reason it keeps dropping to a very low baseline of:

Blood Chains
Chill of the Tomb
Madness of Untold Aeons
Perceive Soul
Sinister Charm

I've tried scanning batpath for these skills but I can't narrow down where they'd all be listed together.
EDIT: Reconfiguring manually fixed it; I assume then the issue is that it actually did set a better default set but didn't check as to what was already in-use. Though I did certainly have Chill and Sinister enabled, and in the log it doesn't show those being turned off, so that doesn't quite add up...

A request from this: It may help for all Avatar-like paths to add a preference in the Relay script to not change the skillset being used, especially as this technically wastes an adventure.

EDIT2: Well, it did even worse, it turned off Sharp Eyes and Ensorcel for Middle Chamber and failed after 53 turns there. It even turned off Sinister Charm and died a bunch.

Last edited:
Is there a way to force the DG skill selection? For some reason it keeps dropping to a very low baseline of:

Blood Chains
Chill of the Tomb
Madness of Untold Aeons
Perceive Soul
Sinister Charm

I've tried scanning batpath for these skills but I can't narrow down where they'd all be listed together.
EDIT: Reconfiguring manually fixed it; I assume then the issue is that it actually did set a better default set but didn't check as to what was already in-use. Though I did certainly have Chill and Sinister enabled, and in the log it doesn't show those being turned off, so that doesn't quite add up...

A request from this: It may help for all Avatar-like paths to add a preference in the Relay script to not change the skillset being used, especially as this technically wastes an adventure.

EDIT2: Well, it did even worse, it turned off Sharp Eyes and Ensorcel for Middle Chamber and failed after 53 turns there. It even turned off Sinister Charm and died a bunch.

Its better to post these at the github site. Developers watch it much more

Jeparo

Blood Chains
Chill of the Tomb
Madness of Untold Aeons
Perceive Soul
Sinister Charm

Skill picking is dumb and prioritizes a base combat suite. You can see the list at: https://github.com/soolar/sl_ascend/blob/master/RELEASE/scripts/sl_ascend/sl_batpath.ash#L265 (although sometimes the script is smart enough to swap out for a specific task - I think this is currently only for the muscle equalizer for tower test, since it's 1-adventure and is guaranteed to not be interrupted). Since skill micromanaging isn't a big part of Dark Gyffte once you're maxed out, it's not a huge priority for me, but maybe someone else will work on it.

By "a very low baseline" do you mean "after sl_ascend picks skills I still have boatloads of base HP left"? Mafia might be wrong about how much base HP you have, I think it's stored in the property darkGyfftePoints - perhaps check that?

Its better to post these at the github site. Developers watch it much more

This is true for me, at least - I get notifications for that and the Discord, but I only check these forums every week or so.

Suggestion- don't chew nightmare fuel when doing the cyrpt, if it won't save any turns- ready to fight boss or only 1 point left. (could take it a step further to optimize, but with 0-1 points left you already KNOW you won't save turns, regardless of the situation)

Malibu Stacey

Both cc and sl set the CCS to null. That is expected and normal behavior. Neither was especially good at restoring the CCS to what was there before.

I fixed this (and battleAction) in a PR yesterday. It should now restore your CCS setting back to whatever it was before you ran sl_ascend.

WARriorer

Thanks for maintaining this script.

I just want to note that in a HC Ed run, the script often dies and crashes while running through the LOV tunnel without first ensuring that it has a means of healing (in fact, it crashes in the LOV emporium and does not choose any option for the NC). This isn't a major issue since it only wastes 1 turn (which does not reduce the daycount) and can be easily remedied manually, but I just thought I should highlight this.

dudemcbob

Would it be possible to add a setting for whether or not to break the mirror in the NS tower? I am not able to beat the broken-mirror sorceress and am now stuck at the end of the tower.

Status
Not open for further replies.