sl_ascend - a cc_ascend fork

Status
Not open for further replies.

unholy_blaze

Hey, so Cheesecookie never programmed Robortender in as a Leprechaun type familiar. I was wondering if you could put that in "sl_ascend" so that I no longer have to edit every update so that it contains Robortender and switch Robortender. I just use Replace ", Leprechaun" with ", Robortender, Leprechaun" and Replace ", switch Leprechaun" with ", switch Robortender, switch Leprechaun". Thanks for picking up the script, hope we'll have you for a while.

infarct

Trying to do the island.

Gets stuck in the following loop:

Turn(3876): Starting with 113 left at Level: 16
Still flyering: 3421
Encounter: -15.0 Exp Bonus: 5.769047619047619
Meat Drop: 30.0 Item Drop: 98.32645975048922
HP: 237/257, MP: 658/663
Tummy: 0/15 Liver: 0/14 Spleen: 0/15
ML: 10 control: 10
Soulsauce: 4
Delay between adventures... beep boop...
Countdown: 1 second...
Waiting completed.
Not enough flyer ML but we are ready for the war... uh oh
Turn(3876): Starting with 113 left at Level: 16
Still flyering: 3421
Encounter: -15.0 Exp Bonus: 5.769047619047619
Meat Drop: 30.0 Item Drop: 98.32645975048922
HP: 237/257, MP: 658/663
Tummy: 0/15 Liver: 0/14 Spleen: 0/15
ML: 10 control: 10
Soulsauce: 4
Delay between adventures... beep boop...
Waiting completed.
Not enough flyer ML but we are ready for the war... uh oh

Just had that happen to me as well, except it aborted entirely with a complaint that it didn't know where to go. The NEP was still open as a source of scaling monsters, and failing that I'm not sure where the breakpoint is on whether guy made of bees or hole in the sky is faster. In any case, it seems to be related to starting the script up when you've already completed everything before the war manually?

infarct

So based on your question, I manually did the hole in the sky, and cranked up my ML.

Now it's working again.

In a Dark Gyffte hardcore run, script just killed the bonerdagon replacement and immediately aborted out with 'Failed to kill bonerdagon'.

Code:
[240] Haert of the Cyrpt
Encounter: The Haert of Darkness
Encounter: Jayden Goldsing
Round 0: Laserrobotics loses initiative!
Round 1: Jayden Goldsing drops 17 attack power.
Round 1: Jayden Goldsing drops 17 defense.
sl_combatHandler: 0
Round 1: Laserrobotics attacks!
Round 2: Jayden Goldsing takes 113 damage.
Round 2: You lose 15 hit points
Round 2: Laserrobotics casts MICROMETEORITE!
Round 3: Jayden Goldsing drops 10 attack power.
Round 3: Jayden Goldsing drops 10 defense.
Round 3: Laserrobotics casts SING ALONG!
Round 4: You lose 14 hit points
Round 4: Laserrobotics casts DARK FEAST!
Round 5: Jayden Goldsing takes 10 damage.
Round 5: You gain 47 hit points
Round 5: Laserrobotics casts CHILL OF THE TOMB!
Round 6: Jayden Goldsing takes 530 damage.
Round 6: Laserrobotics wins the fight!
After Battle: You gain 9 Magicalness
After Battle: You gain 7 hit points
You gain 85 Meat
You gain 11 Meat.
You acquire an item: red money bag
After Battle: You gain 8 Beefiness
After Battle: You gain 26 Mysteriousness
After Battle: You gain 9 Roguishness

Post Adventure done, beep.
Failed to kill bonerdagon

Restarting it had it visit the cyrpt to try again, failed but didn't abort, went and checked the council, and seems to be continuing fine now.

I am just going to register my disdain for all of this. You didn't even ask. You incorrectly attribute bumcheekcity who had no involvement in cc_ascend and you continued to take code from my more recent commits. Thank you for making my experience here less enjoyable.

soolar

I'm sorry for not asking, but I wasn't really sure how to contact you at the time. It was my understanding that cc_ascend was a fork of bumcheek_ascend, if that's not correct I'll remove that credit. I have not copied any of your code since I forked off of cc_ascend, not sure where that came from.

As far as not crediting cheesecookie, I'm really not sure how you came to that conclusion...

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
As far as not crediting cheesecookie, I'm really not sure how you came to that conclusion...

It is a convention in some software development organizations to include credits in comments in the code.

For example

Code:
// Title: CFStat.ash
// Version: 1.0.2
// Created by Fronobulax.
// 
// Snippets and ideas borrowed from 
// Destroy All Bacon.  Thanks.
// Darzil wrote the compute the average parsing.  Thanks.
//

I can find nothing similar in sl_ascend so it could be claimed that credit was not being given.

But, I also read the first post and knew before running that this was a fork of cheesecookie's work so the issue here may be one of execution and not of intent.

I note that this points to a larger problem - as a community, how should we respond when a popular script's author appears to be no longer supporting the script?

Pazleysox

I had to change line 1725 in SL_Community_Service.ash

from
equip($slot[off-hand], $item[Saucepanic]);
to
equip($slot[weapon], $item[Saucepanic]);

With Double-Fisted Skull Smashing, and a bass clarinet in my main hand, you can't equip a saucepanic in your off-hand.

I also found this quite comical at the end of the script:
King Liberation Complete. Thank you for playing
Waiting a few seconds, please hold.
Countdown: 5 seconds...
Countdown: 4 seconds...
Countdown: 3 seconds...
Countdown: 2 seconds...
Waiting completed.
Unable to invoke kingcheese

Easy enough to fix, but still funny.

This really needs to stay out of FantasyRealm and Neverending Party for first time runners of the vampire path. All it does is waste turns dying

Pazleysox

This really needs to stay out of FantasyRealm and Neverending Party for first time runners of the vampire path. All it does is waste turns dying

It should stay out of areas that cost turns, and don't advance you in the ascension.

Also, Why does the script choose to create food/booze, when epic food/booze are available in a Dark Gyffte run?

Well now it is adventuring in the pandemonium slums for Dark Gyffe which is utterly wrong since you can't use any steel organs in this path. Also still not fixed the smut orcs using the keepsake box or the new mechanics there and it needs to use it wishes each day instead of just making pocket wishes. Does the maintainers of this script know how to ascend?

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Well now it is adventuring in the pandemonium slums for Dark Gyffe which is utterly wrong since you can't use any steel organs in this path. Also still not fixed the smut orcs using the keepsake box or the new mechanics there and it needs to use it wishes each day instead of just making pocket wishes. Does the maintainers of this script know how to ascend?

I'm going to put on my Moderator hat and suggest you reconsider your overall tone. This is freely provided to the community and your complaint has an unjustified air of entitlement to it. It is also true that

I'd prefer issues to be reported through the github issue tracker, but posts here or kmails to me (Soolar the Second (#2463557)) are also acceptable.

and it may be that you would get the response you believe you are entitled to by posting at github.

Eventvwr

Hello

Thanks for the work on the script. I got a bit bored of a hardcore Dark Gyffte ascension I had just started and when I read that sl_ascend can do DG I decided to give it a go. But I had already played several turns which may have lead to these issues:

1) Script got in a loop at the haunted kitchen because of the warning message that my mystically was too low (<20)
2) Script was fighting a chalkdust wraith and bailed out of the combat because it couldn't do elemental damage and was running low on HP
3) Script ran out of adventures and stopped, instead of making food / booze
4) I would have expected the script to make and drink four units of booze to give a better chance of hustling the billiard room ghost
5) After manually making some comestibles I restarted the script and it has headed to the spooky forest for the hidden temple map, but hasn't cast Blood Cloak to get -NC
6) Script didn't go to FantasyRealm to collect a Mage Hat (+15 myst is useful at low level - but when I got the hat myself the script removed it to put on a viking helmet)

I can log these as issues on Github if preferred, but some of them may be user error or my misunderstanding of how the script should be used

Cheers
E

Last edited:

Eventvwr

[...]
3) Script ran out of adventures and stopped, instead of making food / booze
4) I would have expected the script to make and drink four units of booze to give a better chance of hustling the billiard room ghost

Okay, I've read the release notes and seen that diet needs to be handled manually, so ignore the above

I'm at level 11 now and have seen some more things that might warrant changing in a DG ascension:
7) script chose Brother Corsican's blessing (but no familiars in this path)
8) script seems to be buying a lot of hairspray (but Moxie is pegged to Myst with the Sinister Charm skill)
9) to get a decent diet (in hardcore) I like to get to the haunted wine cellar (to get dusty b bottles of wine) as soon as I can after reaching level 11 but the script heads for the copperhead quest - could this choice be altered?
10) script didn't maximise sleaze damage for the zeppelin protestors (e.g. didn't wear jefferson wings that dropped)

I have to say that although it isn't the most efficient it is a lot less work than a manual ascension so thanks again for your work on this

Cheers
E

Ayyno

Looks like when I try to run SL_Ascend I get the following error:
Code:
Bad monster value: "Orcish Frat Boy (Pledge)" (sl_monsterparts.ash, line 30)

Looking at that line in sl_monsterparts.ash, there doesn't seem to be any issue... So I'm not sure what's going on. Figured I'd report it!

EDIT: Forgot to mention I'll also report this via github.

Last edited:

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Looks like when I try to run SL_Ascend I get the following error:
Code:
Bad monster value: "Orcish Frat Boy (Pledge)" (sl_monsterparts.ash, line 30)

Looking at that line in sl_monsterparts.ash, there doesn't seem to be any issue... So I'm not sure what's going on. Figured I'd report it!

EDIT: Forgot to mention I'll also report this via github.

Update mafia to 19153 and that will go away.

ereinion

Now I get this instead:

Screenshot_1.png

Apparently the warning is generated by sl_ascend, but I can't find the text homoerotic frat paddle in any of my files. Can someone give me a pointer to how item_str in the warning message is generated, please, so I can try to put up a temporary fix on my end?

Screenshot_1.png

- edit -
Ugh, obviously the data-file for equipment isn't in the scripts folder - searched for it in the SVN-folder instead, and after having done the proper adjustment in \data\sl_ascend_equipment.txt everything seems to work properly again :)

Last edited:

Ayyno

Update mafia to 19153 and that will go away.

Ahh! That indeed fixed the issue! Thank you!

Now I'm just getting this:
Code:
"Homoerotic Frat-Paddle" does not properly convert to an item!
Which Ereinion mentioned above.

EDIT: Hah! Was about to post that I fixed it by changing 'Homoerotic Frat-Paddle' to 'Orcish Frat-Paddle' in \data\sl_ascend_equipment.txt but Ereinion beat me to it. ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.