Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: sl_ascend - a cc_ascend fork

In win10, you can go something like "C:\Users\xxx\Program\KoLMafia\svn\soolar-sl_ascend-trunk-RELEASE\data\sl_ascend_equipment.txt" and change line 370 from "weapon 29 Homoerotic Frat-Paddle class:Seal Clubber" to "weapon 29 Orcish Frat-Paddle class:Seal Clubber". Be careful to not change anything but the text you want to, e.g. changing tabs to spaces could have an adverse effect.

Then you go to the cli in mafia and type in "svn sync" and the script should work properly again.

minor: new install creates/overwrites /cc_ascend/standard.ash (which I would imagine will break a current cc_ascend install)

So I ran my last ascension with sl_ascend... then in aftercore I had to deal with the usual issues I had to deal with in post-cc_ascend aftercore as well, like resetting spookloweener preferences, and including setting the CCS back to just attack (because whatever else the ascension script had set it to resulted in my own native combat macros to abort after 37 tries, this happened with cc_ascend a lot as well).

But now in my next ascension, sl_ascend won't run anymore, giving back the error message "No matching CCS found!". I tried exiting mafia and setting the CCS to sl_default but that doesn't seem to have fixed anything, and I have no idea how to use mafia's CCS anyway. Please help me be able to run sl_ascend again.

edit: uninstalling and reinstalling the script helped. it set the CCS to null (?).
    Last edited by Boesbert; 04-13-2019 at 12:54 PM.

Both cc and sl set the CCS to null. That is expected and normal behavior. Neither was especially good at restoring the CCS to what was there before. If you run turns with null as the CSS then aborting after 37 is the expected behavior. The workaround is to use the CSS selection menu to select another CCS (or write a script to do so). I believe mafia always defines a CSS named default so there should be something to select.

Note that there is a distinction between the CSS not being set to anything at all (null) and the CSS being set to the file name "null" (actually /dist/css/null.css). The former is arguably a mafia bug if it ever occurs.

Heh. That will require some effort for me to understand and get into. The practical thing I just want to do in aftercore is hit "script" at the row of buttons at the top of my combat screen and have mafia just attack for the rest of the fight.

Unrelated issue: Is it due to mafia or due to sl_ascend that blech house isn't handled (particularly during DG ascensions)?

Heh. That will require some effort for me to understand and get into. The practical thing I just want to do in aftercore is hit "script" at the row of buttons at the top of my combat screen and have mafia just attack for the rest of the fight.

Unrelated issue: Is it due to mafia or due to sl_ascend that blech house isn't handled (particularly during DG ascensions)?
    Originally Posted by Boesbert View Post

OK.

When you want to just press script, after sl_ascend has not cleaned up nicely, go to the Main Interface in KoLmafia and select the tab that says "Custom Combat". Near the middle there will be a gray bar that has a word in it, most likely "null". That bar is a drop down menu. Use it to select "default". You should then see something that says default, special action and attack with weapon in some kind of tree structure. That means mafia will try and pickpocket (and perhaps other things) and then attack with the weapon.
    You just vehemently agreed with me
    Originally Posted by Veracity View Post
    I agree with frono.
    Originally Posted by Veracity View Post