Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: stash refreshing 1000+ times

Shouldn't. The only properties which are NOT "user editable" are:

saveState*
    externalEditor
    preferredWebBrowser

You cannot use the "set" CLI command to set those. Prior to revision 19074, you COULD use set_property() to set them, but you can't do that anymore.

Ah. Thanks. I wasn't sure what that did...though it did occur to me that I believe set_property() uses the 'set' command (I think) but the reverse isn't true and I did manage to trigger this with the 'set' command, which means set_property() probably wasn't involved.

In any event, as long as I never set autoSatisfyWithStash to true, it seems everything works perfectly. Which is fine, because I always disabled it away from my home clan anyway. And in my home clan, I don't think I hardly ever use the stash (though mafia maybe used it once in a while when creating or whatever).

set_property() uses an internal version of the "set" command which bypasses some of the overhead (the actual command line parsing, for example) - including, as it turns out, the isUserEditable check. That was unintentional. I fixed it.

I have never run with autoSatisfyWithStash. I depend on resources I have gathered myself - or the mall.

I have not studied your report here, but something seems broken. We are supposed to refresh the stash when you switch clans. The clan stash IS volatile - clannies can change it out from under you. So, perhaps it refreshes the stash every time it wants to acquire something?

I'll investigate, by and by, but running with that setting turned off seems like a good idea to me, regardless.

The only other people in my clan were my brother and a friend of mine. Both he and she quit playing long ago. So it's just me really. But, the good part is, they gave me their passwords...so now, whenever I have class-specific code I need to test, I always have a character available who is the correct class. Otherwise, I only really play AlbinoRhino anymore. I used to play him as hardcore and MeatBall as softcore, since I liked playing both ways. But, after the changes to the Karma system, MeatBall kind of fell to the wayside as well.

As to the stash problems, I can't really think of what it might be trying to acquire. Especially away from my home clan, when I always had autoSatisfyWithStash disabled anyway.

Developer

I'm curious if you know when this started happening. In particular, does this precede r18800?

I actually saw that during my own research but dismissed it as being too long ago. I've only noticed this, guessing, at most, a week ago? Maybe less even. I certainly would have noticed it before then if it had been happening since August. It's hard to miss.

Developer

I'm noticing that your debug log contains a bunch of queued-up ClanStashRequests, and also a significant gap in time between when you look at your public profile, and when the first clan stash request actually goes through:

Field: Date = [Mon, 21 Jan 2019 23:48:43 GMT]

Field: Date = [Mon, 21 Jan 2019 23:49:14 GMT]

(roughly half a minute)

I admittedly don't fully understand Mafia's RequestThread logic, but I wonder if something like RefreshConcoctions (as Darzil suggests) is, by invoking getStash() a bunch of times, spawning a bunch of requests for new ClanStashRequest (which would have in fact been added by that revision).

From my investigation, it looks like ClanManager.isStashRetrieved() is only set to return true once we parse the clan_stash response. Perhaps we should add some sort of mutex / other locking to that structure so we don't try to refresh the clan stash while a refresh is ongoing?

Well, the logs were created with "Refresh Session" which I assume must look at my profile?

Developer

My point is that there's a solid 30s between Mafia looking at your profile, and the first clan stash request going through. Unless you have a 30s wait baked into one of your scripts, that seems like a long time.

Ah. I don't think so. Are there scripts involved with Refresh Session somehow?