Feature - Implemented Updating sniffs based on spading

gausie

D̰͕̝͚̤̥̙̐̇̑͗̒e͍͔͎͈͔ͥ̉̔̅́̈l̠̪̜͓̲ͧ̍̈́͛v̻̾ͤe͗̃ͥ̐̊ͬp̔͒ͪ
Staff member
I've made a patch to address The Dictator's spading on sniffing.

There is a breaking change here because it seems that gallapagos monster is reset on rollover and thus needs a leading underscore.

Attachments

• sniffing-spading.patch
    2.4 KB · Views: 25

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
That patch looks good. And after thinking about it some, I think a counter for those seems reasonable.

Since Latte tracking ends at rollover, the counter should also be cleared at the first login of the day. Without checking, I believe that would be in KoLmafia.java or KoLCharacter.java.

Darzil

Developer
Quite a lot of other handling needed I'm afraid. Need to handle it in AreaCombatData, ValhallaManager, defaults.txt, and Latte one would need to use startCountingTemporary, as it only lasts til rollover.

gausie

Staff member
I'll sort those out. Looking at the code, it looks like lostcalpolydude's issue would be covered by using startCountingTemporary?

Last edited:

gausie

Staff member
Ok that is those changes sorted.

Attachments

• sniffing-spading.patch
    5.3 KB · Views: 19

Darzil

Developer
Nearly there, looking good.

AreaCombatData will need to only add to monsters whilst the relevant counter exists, similar to how Olfaction does.

gausie

Staff member
Extremely good point (attached)

Attachments

• sniffing-spading.patch
    5.7 KB · Views: 18

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
It looks like startCountingTemporary was added by me, and it's actually for counters that don't start until the next "normal" encounter (for a weird definition) rather than being related at all to clearing them at rollover.

gausie

Staff member
Ok I solved that by stopping counting it in the same place we stop counting wanderers.

I also noticed that part of the spading was the chatterboxing banish expires at rollover, so updated that too.

Attachments

• sniffing-spading.patch
    19.7 KB · Views: 20