Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: January 2019 IotM - Kramco Sausage-o-Matic™

The value would be the number of turns to a guaranteed Sausage Goblin, which is believed to be deterministic based on _lastSausageMonsterTurn and _sausageFights. I’ve been designing my own counter script to do this, and it is working pretty well so far.

What is the formula?

So we just hard-code some numbers, some of which are probably too large by a little bit, and then at some point stop handling it because there are no numbers to use?

Since the number appear to be deterministic, and this is going to be extremely ascension-relevant for a few years, it is likely that a formula will be spaded eventually. Once that happens, a counter should be added.

In the meantime, I have a complaint to make: counters for “wandering monsters” don’t actually work as documented. They’re all hard-coded, so putting “type=wander” in my Sausage Goblin counter doesn’t make the counter stop when a Sausage Goblin is actually fought. If this could be adjusted to allow for arbitrary monster IDs (or sets thereof, to cover all existing cases and eliminate the need for hard-coding), that’d be great.

Developer

That isn't a complaint, that's a feature request.

Or if it is a complaint, you might want to reword it so you don't get ignored.

(Oh, and for my money, for Sausage Goblin, I wouldn't want a counter, I'd want an encounter % chance, I think. Though I admit my knowledge of it's mechanics may be incorrect)

Ezandora's guide now supports this. It will let you know the current % of meeting a goblin, and if you are in-run, it will remind you when you have a guaranteed encounter (same as the semi-rare & asdon martin banish reminders).
    It would be great if mafia had the option to do this natively, I'm just pointing out an immediate solution for end users like myself.

Ezandora's guide now supports this. It will let you know the current % of meeting a goblin, and if you are in-run, it will remind you when you have a guaranteed encounter (same as the semi-rare & asdon martin banish reminders).
    It would be great if mafia had the option to do this natively, I'm just pointing out an immediate solution for end users like myself.
    Originally Posted by PartyBasher View Post
    I would not repeat guide's data anywhere else, as it's incomplete, especially after the early fights. It'll likely take my automatically-spading multi a long, long time to fully spade.

The percentage in particular is almost certainly wrong. It's just a rough approximation.

Since the number appear to be deterministic, and this is going to be extremely ascension-relevant for a few years, it is likely that a formula will be spaded eventually. Once that happens, a counter should be added.
    Originally Posted by Saklad5 View Post
    Having seen the actual formula (on dev), I doubt it.

In the meantime, I have a complaint to make: counters for “wandering monsters” don’t actually work as documented. They’re all hard-coded, so putting “type=wander” in my Sausage Goblin counter doesn’t make the counter stop when a Sausage Goblin is actually fought. If this could be adjusted to allow for arbitrary monster IDs (or sets thereof, to cover all existing cases and eliminate the need for hard-coding), that’d be great.
    Unfortunately, the people that write documentation are not the same people that write the code most of the time. I updated the documentation to match existing behavior.