Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: January 2019 IotM - Kramco Sausage-o-Matic™

Unfortunately, the people that write documentation are not the same people that write the code most of the time. I updated the documentation to match existing behavior.
    Originally Posted by lostcalpolydude View Post
    Thanks.

For everyone else, all you need to edit the wiki with documentation is an account here. There may be an administrative step needed but I recall it as being trivial. Much of the current documentation was written by people who felt the existing documentation was inadequate but choose to ask the question "how can I help fix that?" rather than complain. Sadly many of them have moved on from the game but maintaining documentation is a way to make a positive contribution to the community.
    You just vehemently agreed with me
    Originally Posted by Veracity View Post
    I agree with frono.
    Originally Posted by Veracity View Post

Can "_sausageFights" & "_lastSausageMonsterTurn" be changed to count goblin fights started, rather than won?
    It seems to me that the chance to encounter is based on this, and if so- there's no advantage to specifically counting fights won.
    This matters because losing to a goblin throws off ezandora's guide, which is what I'm using to approximate the next encounter.

Thanks to all mafia devs!

P.S is there a specific documentation thing that needs to be written? I want to give back something.
    Last edited by PartyBasher; 03-25-2019 at 07:46 PM.

I used your numbers to update my own counter script, once I noticed it doing that. I’m assuming that the ceilings are definitely not too high, and possibly too low. Since my script already uses a CCS with free runs in aftercore in case the numbers are wrong, that’s perfect for the moment.

I’ve done that in the past, when it is clear which is incorrect. In this case, I thought that the code simply didn’t line up with the intended behavior, rather than the documentation. It might have worked that way in the past, for all I know.

I might submit a patch in the future to actually implement that originally-documented functionality, along the lines of “type=wander{monster ID}”.

Can "_sausageFights" & "_lastSausageMonsterTurn" be changed to count goblin fights started, rather than won?
    Originally Posted by PartyBasher View Post