Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New Year 2019 changes

Developer

r19071, untested.

On a related note, I noticed yesterday that the maximizer thinks that the skill 'Fifteen Minutes of Flame' is standard-viable. The skill was derived from Gingerbread City. standard.php listed the skill source item (Pop Art: a Guide) but not the skill. I don't know if you want to accomodate what appears to be a KoL glitch, or not, but thought I would mention it.

r19071, untested.
    Originally Posted by Darzil View Post
    I'm in a standard run. I did a "maximize familiar weight" and the witchess buff showed up. I logged out and updated mafia, then logged back in. Now when I do "maximize familiar weight" there is no witchess buff. I can't speak for any other cases, but so far so good. Thanks!

Developer

On a related note, I noticed yesterday that the maximizer thinks that the skill 'Fifteen Minutes of Flame' is standard-viable. The skill was derived from Gingerbread City. standard.php listed the skill source item (Pop Art: a Guide) but not the skill. I don't know if you want to accomodate what appears to be a KoL glitch, or not, but thought I would mention it.
    Originally Posted by AlbinoRhino View Post
    r19073 - But report as a KOL bug, untested.

Fifteen minutes of flame is now (properly) unavailable in standard restricted runs.

Fifteen minutes of flame is now (properly) unavailable in standard restricted runs.
    Originally Posted by the dictator View Post
    It still doesn't show in standard.php (which I suspect is why maximizer thought it could cast it). I did report it the other day though.

The behavior I saw was maximizer recommended it. However, when it tried to cast it...the cli response indicated success I think, but the effect wasn't acquired (ie.. it was properly not working). Since the effect wasn't actually acquired, maximizer would continue to list it in its recommendations.

Just tested with r19076 and maximizer is in fact still recommending it...(maximizing for +init).

When executed the cli says

Casting Fifteen Minutes of Flame 1 times...
    Fifteen Minutes of Flame was successfully cast.
    Maximizing...
    Requests complete.
    However, the effect, "Your Fifteen Minutes" isn't actually gained.

So, it appears that Darzil's attempted fix isn't working? And KoL hasn't fixed it.

edit:
    I would try it in the browser to see the game's actual response but the skill properly doesn't show up in my list at the moment. So, it appears, all of the standard restrictions are working for it, it just doesn't appear on standard.php?
    Last edited by AlbinoRhino; 01-13-2019 at 05:13 AM.

Yeah, I actually url manipulated my way into casting the skill (it's missing from skills.php) and you get an error message stating that it's too old.

Yeah, I actually url manipulated my way into casting the skill (it's missing from skills.php) and you get an error message stating that it's too old.
    Originally Posted by the dictator View Post
    That's what I suspected but I was too lazy to do that test.
    Last edited by AlbinoRhino; 01-13-2019 at 05:56 AM.

Developer

I know why the fix hasn't worked. It is because in Standard KoL tells us we don't have non-standard skills, so Mafia knows only about standard skills. Hence when we check for knowing a skill, we don't care what standard thinks, so don't check it.

So this needs a different fix, either KOL side (ideal) or Mafia side to ignore KOL when it tells us we have the skill, rather than just marking it non-standard.