Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Request Mafia utilization: Free fights now feature FREEFREEFREE in their HMTL.

Post Request Mafia utilization: Free fights now feature FREEFREEFREE in their HMTL.

Hi,

I apologise if this the wrong place to post, and the wrong format.

After wracking my brain to find a way to code a songboom counter (and consequently finding a very brittle and terrible workaround) I asked CDM to incorporate some way for Mafia to know a fight did not take a turn.

This has materialized in the HTML has FREEFREEFREE, much like WINWINWIN.

Furthermore, according to Jick, all free fights end the same way. Yes, even Sssshhsssblllrrggghsssssggggrrgglsssshhssslblgl etc.

I was hoping this new feature could be incorporated into native mafia, and specifically, that we could finally have SongBoom Drop counter.

Many thanks,

Anus

Developer

r19043 adds BoomBox tracking and adds "This combat did not cost a turn" to logs after free fights.

Darzil you are too good to us!

I haven't been able to check thoroughly, but is the tracker aware that dying to a combat and all types of runaway do NOT progress the SongBoom counter? Does the Mafia version reflect this?

It suspect it checks for both winwinwin and freefreefree, which is should cover everything nicely. Running away (with the braindeer) or with my stomping boots didn't cause any trouble. (I haven't died yet, and I'm not really planning to)

Developer

It does

I was just watching my rollover script scroll by and I saw the new logging message when it was fighting tentacles.

But I didn't see the new message when it was fighting Time-Spinner monsters.

I was just watching my rollover script scroll by and I saw the new logging message when it was fighting tentacles.

But I didn't see the new message when it was fighting Time-Spinner monsters.
    Originally Posted by AlbinoRhino View Post
    Adventuring way back in time cost adventures. Hence why you wouldn't see the message. Time pranks are free but you can't send those to yourself.

Developer

Plus it is now a KOL bug if it doesn’t work

I actually thought it could be a KoL thing, but thought I should report it anyway, just to document it. But...turns out I was just being stupid! I'm not sure what made me think they were free...I looked at my code and I apparently knew they cost turns when I wrote it. I guess I'm just getting too old! :P