New Content - Implemented December 2018 IotM - Boxing Daycare!

Ryo_Sangnoir

Developer
Staff member
As a workaround, you can add it to your login ash script:
Code:
if (get_property("_daycareGymScavenges").to_int() == 0) {
  visit_url("place.php?whichplace=town_wrong&action=townwrong_boxingdaycare"); run_choice(3); run_choice(2); run_choice(5); run_choice(4);
}

Malibu Stacey

Code:
Chewing 1 body spradium...
You gain 11 Beefiness
You gain 24 Mysteriousness
You gain 29 Smarm
You acquire an effect: Boxing Day Glow (100)
Finished chewing 1 body spradium.

Moxie Experience Percent
Sign Vole +10.00 = +10.00
Effect Green Peace +50.00 = +60.00

Darzil

Developer
r19068 - As that looks (with my 7 datapoints) like 10-25 each stat (have seen both, but nothing outside that)

taltamir

As a workaround, you can add it to your login ash script:
Code:
  visit_url("place.php?whichplace=town_wrong&action=townwrong_boxingdaycare"); run_choice(3); run_choice(2); run_choice(5); run_choice(4);
}
Thank you very much. I will do that.

thinking about it fruther, would those optimizations work:
Code:
  visit_url("place.php?whichplace=town_wrong&action=townwrong_boxingdaycare"); run_choice(3); run_choice(2);
}
This would do it faster (2 less clicks) since it just doesn't bother to navigate out of the boxing daycare. Because you can walk out of that NC at will, any action you take afterwards would count as walking away (was this always the case or was this a change introduced early on?).

Or maybe
Code:
  visit_url("place.php?whichplace=town_wrong&action=townwrong_boxingdaycare"); run_choice(3); run_choice(2); visit_url("main.php");
}
to ensure you navigate out, but do so with 1 click in stead of 2.

---
edit: also, what is the command to check if you have daycare at all? probably want to do so first. (in case using an alt account that doesn't have it)

Last edited:

Malibu Stacey

Bauxite Baubles Trick-or-Treat candy

Code:
--------------------
10164	Pneumo bar	809533509	pneumobar.gif	multiple	t,d	5
Item	Pneumo bar	Effect: "Bubblin' Rage", Effect Duration: 20
--------------------
--------------------
2448	Bubblin' Rage	bubbles2.gif	5b95ed4a336e3fb2c2957d7deffca38b	use 1 Pneumo bar
Effect	Bubblin' Rage	Initiative: +20, Weapon Damage: +20, Weapon Damage Percent: +20
--------------------
You acquire an item: Pneumo bar

gausie

D̰͕̝͚̤̥̙̐̇̑͗̒e͍͔͎͈͔ͥ̉̔̅́̈l̠̪̜͓̲ͧ̍̈́͛v̻̾ͤe͗̃ͥ̐̊ͬp̔͒ͪ
Staff member
I had an unfortunate and expensive accident with an unsynchronised Dropbox session today... so here is a(n untested but tiny) patch to update _daycareRecruits from the next payment in case mafia is out of sync somehow.

Attachments

• recruits.patch
    26.7 KB · Views: 26

Saklad5

Could a setting for tracking whether you’ve gotten PVP fights from sparring be added? Note that you only get them the first time you spar each day, even if that means they were wasted. Basically, all KoLmafia has to do is set something to true when you spar at all.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
19128 updates the recruit count when visiting the choice. I went with String length over log10 because it should be slightly more efficient for the same result.

19129 tracks getting PvP Fights in _daycareFights.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 19713 logs things better (to my eye).

Code:
[1031] Boxing Daycare
Encounter: Have a Boxing Daydream

[1031] Boxing Daycare
Encounter: Enter the Boxing Daycare
Activity: Spar
You gain 58 Strongness
You gain 35 Enchantedness
You gain 67 Sarcasm
You gain a Moxie point!

[1032] Boxing Daycare
Activity: Scavenge for gym equipment
You have found 296 pieces of gym equipment
You gain 15 Fortitude
You gain 16 Mysteriousness
You gain 29 Chutzpah
And so on. I don't have examples in my log showing Boxing Daydream or Spa giving results, since I'd already done those before I got it to this state.
I'll check again after rollover, but if they work as expected, I think this IOTM is done.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Yesterday's test:

Code:
Visiting the Boxing Daycare

[1463] Boxing Daycare
Encounter: Have a Boxing Daydream
You acquire an item: glass of raw eggs

[1463] Boxing Daycare
Encounter: Visit the Boxing Day Spa
You acquire an effect: Uncucumbered (100)

[1463] Boxing Daycare
Activity: Scavenge for gym equipment
You have found 298 pieces of gym equipment
You gain 16 Muscleboundness
You gain 28 Mysteriousness
You gain 28 Roguishness
All the logging looks the way I want it to. Marking this Implemented.

snooty

I had an unfortunate and expensive accident with an unsynchronised Dropbox session today... so here is a(n untested but tiny) patch to update _daycareRecruits from the next payment in case mafia is out of sync somehow.

My apologies, I know it's been five thousand years since you posted this, but, I generally don't have time to keep current. Also, I have no idea what this is or how to use it. I've never seen a .patch before, and is there a script this goes with somewhere and I just couldn't find it? I'm looking to automate recruiting toddlers 3 times per day.

gausie

D̰͕̝͚̤̥̙̐̇̑͗̒e͍͔͎͈͔ͥ̉̔̅́̈l̠̪̜͓̲ͧ̍̈́͛v̻̾ͤe͗̃ͥ̐̊ͬp̔͒ͪ
Staff member
My apologies, I know it's been five thousand years since you posted this, but, I generally don't have time to keep current. Also, I have no idea what this is or how to use it. I've never seen a .patch before, and is there a script this goes with somewhere and I just couldn't find it? I'm looking to automate recruiting toddlers 3 times per day.
If you need help scripting please post in community support https://kolmafia.us/forums/community-support.10/