Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Crimbo 2018 new content

new item
    Code:
    --------------------
    10081	hand-knitted Crimbo socks	290044310	abuelasocks.gif	accessory		0
    hand-knitted Crimbo socks	0	none
    Item	hand-knitted Crimbo socks	Maximum HP: +10, HP Regen Min: 3, HP Regen Max: 5, Cold Resistance: +1
    --------------------

Developer

Haven't actually adventured today. Wondering what in hell this item has to do with KoL.
    I'll find out, bye and bye.
    Originally Posted by Veracity View Post
    Looks like this is related to the flavor text of the Crimbo quest this year.

http://kol.coldfront.net/thekolwiki/index.php/Tammy

Yeah. I think they missed something, though: You are not REQUIRED to open the Advent Calendar to advance the quest. One of my characters did everything Tammy asked and then today opened all 25 windows and collected the prizes.

Tammy: "We are giving them to the orphans in the brand new orphanage"
    (We get a tiny plastic orphan, which I did not recognize as being a dolphin.)
    You go to tell Tammy the bad news.
    Tammy: "What?! You say dolphins stole all our toys?"

I was scratching my head, wondering when & where I'd learnt "the bad news". I figured it out, but I imagine a lot of people were similarly confused.

I figured it out, but I imagine a lot of people were similarly confused.
    That was me. I saw the TPO looked like a dolphin but if there was anything else to suggest I make a connection and tell Tammy, I completely missed it.

As a narrative I like Crimbo this year although it is clearly a transition and not a standalone event, IMO.

I note the absence of any discussions about automating, or not, the Crimbo content directly in mafia. I attribute that to a combination of robust support for discovery (items, zones), the ability of a script to parse pages and logs and the use of existing mechanics to drive the quests.

Today's TP has not been reported but since it is a spoiler I'll not post.
    You just vehemently agreed with me
    I agree with frono.

Developer

I thought about supporting the finding the elf texts, and counting toys, but didn't feel a great drive to support for a one off. Everything else got added I think (though tracking the quest would have let us handle opening the Crimbo Cafe correctly).

Developer

I noticed the dolphin connection from the sessionlog dump ("tpdolphin.gif").

There also didn't seem to be much motivation to actually do the quests beyond clicking on Tammy for the free familiar (and the Abuela Crimbo gift).

now that Crimbo is over and the cafe has returned to the mists, what needs to be changed to keep the Item manager booze tab from thinking i can still buy hot watered rum for 47 meat?

Developer

r19065 - untested.

thanks. works as expected in 19070