Spacegate

zarqon

Those are the same issue

Haha, I double-checked the pluralization of the monster part but not the optional type part!

Mafia's typed constants have me used to entering singular names for things most of the time, so thanks for your recent change to parameters. This will definitely make it easier to use for me.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
In case you are interested in spading the (many) planets with incomplete data in the spreadsheet, revision 164 adds additional goals:

detected trade - a planet with friendly aliens but unknown trade item
detected murderbots - a planet with Murderbots, but unknown type
detected spants - a planet with Spants, but unknown type
detected ruins - a planet with Alien ruins, but unknown type

There are a lot of planets like that in the spreadsheet:

Code:
[color=green]> VeracitySpacegate detected trade[/color]

Considering 1549 known planets.
After filtering on 'detected trade', 31 left.

[color=green]> VeracitySpacegate detected murderbots[/color]

After filtering on 'detected murderbots', 102 left.

[color=green]> VeracitySpacegate detected spants[/color]

After filtering on 'detected spants', 94 left.

[color=green]> VeracitySpacegate detected ruins[/color]

After filtering on 'detected ruins', 85 left.
Hmm. I should make "detected trade" also trigger if "price" is 0.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Yes indeed.

Code:
[color=green]> VeracitySpacegate detected trade[/color]

After filtering on 'detected trade', 42 left.
Revision 165

Last edited:

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
You know something - this was really handy. I did this:

VeracitySpacegate space pirate, detected murderbot, detected spants

and got this:

Code:
[color=green]Considering 1549 known planets.[/color]
After filtering on 'detected murderbots', 100 left.
After filtering on 'detected spants', 31 left.
After filtering on 'space pirate 2', 2 left.
After filtering for fewest additional combat encounters, 1 left.

I suggest that you visit the planet at coordinates AAAAAAP
So I went there and discovered that rather than space pirate 2, it had space baby 2.

Either that is a bug in how I imported the spreadsheet, or the spreadsheet is wrong.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
And, yep. The spreadsheet says "Half the Ship it used to Be" AND "Mother May I".
Obviously, I need to reject errors like that and simply say "detected".

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
The good news is that it is self correcting: if you tell it to advance your quest and the planet it finds for you does not do that, the next time you try to advance the same quest, it will not offer that planet.

The bad news is that I am not sure if I should go for new random planets - and get new verified data - or try to correct supposedly "known" planets from the database which are bogus.

I think I will make a new goal which says "go to a planet from Public planets which I have not visited" and send two of my multis to do that, and the other two to do "random" and find new varified dats.

Last edited:

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
And you know something - I have gotten multiple snide judgmental people talking to me here about how it is my DUTY to edit the Wiki and correct things there, when I discover such-and-such and correct OUR data. I block those people and am blissfully unaware of what they have to say, forever more, since their opinions are of no value to me.

No. I am a spade and willingly share my data, but I am not OBLIGATED to share it in a place that YOU want me to share it.

I have a hardcore spading program in operation here. I will improve my own data - and will share it, monthly, at least - but since the public data I drew from is provably often wrong, I don't see the point in spending my precious personal time submitting data which, although correct, is indistinguishable from data which is provably incorrect, in the forum you want me to submit it.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I am pleased that we don't have the "no multi-posting" shit-for-brains policy here, since this is my seventh successive post. :p
And, yes - I have been "corrected" for doing that. Welcome to my baleet list.

AlbinoRhino

Ha. Fun read. This is really an amazing tool you created. My own approach has been to use "visit random" and get good data (at least on the days I remember to run it!). If it happens to confirm/correct some public data, then fine. (I started ignoring that spading spreadsheet way back.) I've got six planets in my data files now. Missing days...when it's one-per-day...doesn't make them add up fast. It found me a Space Baby children's book today. Now it can use it at some other planet. I'm willing to share data but I agree that the spreadsheet isn't the way to do it.

Last edited:

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
:)

If posting a file here helps any spading, let me know, and I will be glad to do so. If I am reading the files right I actually have found two otherwise undocumented planets, so far.

I am currently running "visit space baby". If there is spading benefit to adding other parameters please suggest which ones and I can do so.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I added "unvisited" as a command to select a random planet from the set of known "public" planets that you have not yet visited. You can specify a difficulty range.

I considered making it a goal, rather than a command, but it's not actually something you are looking for; it's a way to start from a different list of planets.

On the other hand, if it WERE a goal, you could say "unvisited, space baby", for example.

I'm torn, but my intended use is in place of "random" - i.e., I don't want to always select the hardest, as is done with goals - so I'll leave it as this for now.

Revision 166. That also detects spreadsheet planets that claim to have more than one kind of ancient ruins and treats that as simply "detected".

Rinn

Developer
Thanks for this, I'm still using the GingerBread script daily and I'm going to see if this'll get me the primitive alien drops.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Happy New Year!

Revision 168 has a couple of things

1) the quest step 3 unlocking items (Space Baby baw-baw, space pirate treasure map, Procrastinator locker key) are now reported as "shinies". They are probably not your end-goal, but they do indicate that you can get the appropriate skill book tomorrow, if you wish. Two out of three of them are tradeable, and there are a number of them in the mall, all for insanely optimistic prices; why would you offer them for a higher prices than the corresponding skill books are on offer for?

2) SpacegatePlanetsVeracity.txt and SpacegatePlanetsAuxVeracity.txt have a bunch of new/corrected/updated planet data that my 5 characters discovered in December. Two are currently going for "unvisited" (to correct planets from the public spreadsheet) and two are going "random" (to add brand-new planets).

My main is also doing "random", although when 2019 Standard rolls out, her participation in this exploration will only happen in the short aftercore before diving back into the ascension wheel.

AlbinoRhino

Code:
  Today's encounters on the planet at coordinates NNSBRVC (Pi Wallace II)
  Cool     Space Rocks: 2
  Recovering the Satellite: 2
  Space Cave:     1
  [B]Spant drone: 83[/B]
  Spant soldier: 1
  large     hostile animal: 1

My character ran out of adventures while the script was running. The script appeared to stall and I had to use ESC to get out of it. After generating some turns, it completed the planet just fine. However, it appears the 'stall' was actually a loop somewhere (I haven't looked at the script yet) that was continuing to increment things after I had run out of adventures?

edit:
probably relevant...

_SpacegateEncounters
Spant drone|Spant drone|Spant drone|Spant drone|Spant drone|Spant drone|Spant drone|Spant drone|Spant drone|Spant drone|Spant drone|Spant drone|Spant drone|Spant drone|Spant drone|Spant drone|Spant drone|Spant drone|Spant drone|Spant drone|Spant drone|Spant drone|Spant drone|Spant drone|Spant drone|Spant drone|Spant drone|Spant drone|Spant drone|Spant drone|Spant drone|Spant drone|Spant drone|Spant drone|Spant drone|Spant drone|Spant drone|Spant drone|Spant drone|Spant drone|Spant drone|Spant drone|Spant drone|Spant drone|Spant drone|Spant drone|Spant drone|Spant drone|Spant drone|Spant drone|Spant drone|Spant drone|Spant drone|Spant drone|Spant drone|Spant drone|Spant drone|Spant drone|Spant drone|Spant drone|Spant drone|Spant drone|Spant drone|Spant drone|Spant drone|Spant drone|Spant drone|Spant drone|Spant drone|Spant drone|Spant drone|Spant drone|Spant drone|Spant drone|Spant drone|Spant drone|Spant drone|Spant drone|Spant drone|Spant drone|Spant drone|Spant drone|Spant drone|Spant soldier|Space Cave|Recovering the Satellite|large hostile animal|Cool Space Rocks|Cool Space Rocks|Recovering the Satellite

Last edited:

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I am sure it just loops while burning down energy, which is only recorded for successful encounters. I'll put in a "you have available adventures" check as well.

If you re-run the same coordinates, it will overwrite the previous data.
Or perhaps it will merge it in: if you found all Spant drones today and all Spant soldiers tomorrow, you SHOULD end up with Spant drones + soldiers.

I'll look at both of those things.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 169 will not try to adventure if you are overdrunk or out of adventures.
It will also stop adventuring if you run out of adventures while energy remains.

If you rerun it after gaining more adventures, it looks like it updates the planet data with only what the new turns gave you. Since I save the earlier encounters for today's visit in _SpacegateEncounters, seems like I could simply reapply those encounters to the initial planet data before doing new adventuring.

I'll look at that now.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Ooo! Found another planet with both exotic hostile animals and exotic hostile plants!

Code:
> vsg status

Visiting the Spacegate Terminal
Planet Name: Beta Cromulus X (difficulty = 12)
Coordinates: MXTDHJR

The sky above the horizon is a bleached green.
The planet's sun (if it has one) is nowhere to be seen.
Two waning moons punctuate the sky.

Environmental Hazards:
  toxic atmosphere
  high gravity
Elemental Hazards:
  scary noises
Plant Life: anomalous (hostile) (sgplantc1.gif)
Animal Life: anomalous (hostile) (sganimalc1.gif)
Intelligent Life: detected (primitive alien mask @ 112,000 Meat) (sgaliena2.gif)
DANGER: Spant chemical signatures detected (drones)
ALERT: ANCIENT RUINS DETECTED (Procrastinators 2: I'm Afraid It's Terminal)

You fully explored that planet today.
  Cool Space Rocks: 3
  I'm Afraid It's Terminal: 1
  Interstellar Trade: 1
  Space Cave: 4
  Spant drone: 6
  exotic hostile animal: 3
  exotic hostile plant: 2