Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Spacegate

Actually, I am wrong - retrieving something from Equipment Requisition is not a coinmaster; it is a creation method.
    Puzzling. Pondering.

Revision 147 fixes the supplied planet data files to set the "DETECTED" bit for murderbots, spants, and ruins as appropriate. This should solve the error message when the terminal says one of those is detected and we had details of what was there, but didn't say it was "detected".

I have coded up manually collecting gear from Equipment Requisition. Should actually be faster; it visits the choice once and then selects multiple options in succession, rather than visit/select visit/select, and so on. But I'm out of turns for today so can't test it yet.

That worked nicely. Revision 148 does this:

Goes directly to Spacegate Equipment Requisition to get the gear you need.
    "help" tells about all settings - including VSG.ExtraMaximizerParameters
    Skill books count as shinies

(Yes, if you find a "shiny", the script reminds you at the end, just to make sure you know. Shinies are:

primitive alien trophy items
    rare exotic plant and animal drops
    Skill books

The last ones are unlike the others, in that you can expect them to show up, by and by, but it's nice to be reminded when they come, since you might want to read (or mallsell) them.)

Glad to know it will tell me if it finds anything interesting!

Hmm...

Code:
    > vsg visit random

RANDOM coordinates     with difficulty (A-Z) -> YVJLKUA
    VSG.SampleKit:     'none' is not a valid Spacegate sample kit.
    Am I doing something wrong?

Adding 'none' to valid_sample_kits allowed things to run fine.

Revision 149 does that.

Last night's changes did the trick. Thank you.

I've come up with a solution for the Trophy Problem.

Which primitive alien trophy from hostile intelligent aliens are the only things you can't necessarily discover by simply exploring a planet; they are rare drops. My initial solution was to manually insert them into the planet data for all the planets that have been publicly announced as having them. That's not sustainable; I don't want to have to do that as future trophies are discovered and publicized.

I have split them off into a separate file.

There are three levels of data:

SpacegatePlanetsPublic.txt
    SpacegatePlanetsAuxPublic.txt
    SpacegateTrophiesPublic.txt

These are from the spreadsheet or the Spacegate thread on the G-D forum. There are definitely errors on the spreadsheet. For example, I visited a planet which supposedly had friendly aliens with a particular trade item and I found hostile aliens. There are also planets with Spants detected, say, but no artifact, drones, or soldiers listed. I.e., just what you can deduce by simply looking at the terminal.

SpacegatePlanetsVeracity.txt
    SpacegatePlanetsAuxVeracity.txt
    SpacegateTrophiesVeracity.txt

These are all planets that my characters have personally visited. I.e. (to my eye) perfectly reliable.

SpacegatePlanetsMine.txt
    SpacegatePlanetsAuxMine.txt
    SpacegateTrophiesMine.txt

These are the files that VeracitySpacegate creates for planets that YOU personally visit. Hence, reliable.
    (The Veracity files that I release are simply my Mine files)

So, the new process for loading the data is this:

Load the Planets, PlanetsAux, and Trophies files for Public
    Load the Planets, PlanetsAux, and Trophies files for Veracity
    Merge (overwrite) them into Public
    Load the Planets, PlanetsAux, and Trophies files for Mine
    Merge (overwrite) them into Public
    Merge Public Trophies into Public Planets - so the trophy data is in the planet data where existing scripts expect to find it.
    Thus, SpacegateExplorer and VeracitySpacegate will work as before for planets with trophies.

This is in versions 150/151. With that, I release SpacegateTrophiesPublic with this content:

Code:
    DECEIVE	primitive alien blowgun
    MANATEE	primitive alien loincloth
    QJYYPXQ	primitive alien spear
    RATFINK	primitive alien necklace
    TLSLSKX	primitive alien loincloth
    ZDPZQGQ	primitive alien totem
    ZDPZSCS	primitive alien totem
    ZPFLMNZ	primitive alien totem
    Which is all the trophy planets I know about. If others are announced by trustworthy sources, I'll add 'em.

Lightbulb

This is becoming quite excellent. Thanks for all your work on this.

Feature request: as you already do with murderbots and spants, add a [type] parameter for animals and plants. I wanted to use this to farm my remaining factoids but had to give up and go back to the spreadsheet to find a planet with the appropriate type of animal or plant I was looking to get factoids from.

Also I encountered a loop today at the end of combat with a spant drone. Aborting printed this:

Visiting Spacegate R&D
    You acquire Spacegate Research (553)
    Planet Sky: The sky above the horizon is a pale pink, speckled with puffy white clouds.
    Planet Suns: The landscape is lit by a brilliant white sun.
    Planet Moons: The planet doesn't appear to have any satellites.
    Alien Image: sgaliena7.gif

Today's encounters on the planet at coordinates NEWYORK (Zeta Salisbury IV)

Cool Space Rocks: 5
    Interstellar Trade: 1
    Space Cave: 2
    Spant drone: 68
    Spant soldier: 2
    Wide Open Spaces: 3

You turned in 553 pages of Spacegate Research today.
    Originally Posted by CLI
    It did turn out to be the last adventure in the Spacegate for the day. Looks like every loop iteration (during which it did run my mood script) counted as an extra drone. I didn't get my last soldier factoid so I can try this particular planet again tomorrow if that's helpful.
    Last edited by zarqon; 12-05-2018 at 08:04 AM.
    Sig by JakAtk
    My scripts: Prefref Plus | Skillref Plus | One-Click Wossna | Om*****st (??) | Psychose-a-Matic | RandBot
    Combat suite: Best Between Battle | Mercenary Mood | SmartStasis | BatMan | BatMan RE
    For script authors: ASH Wiki | ZLib | BatBrain | CLI Links | Drag-n-Drop Inventories | CanAdv | Script Registry | Map Manager
    If you appreciate my work, help me become BAT KING OF THE WORLD! Thanks to all donators!

It did turn out to be the last adventure in the Spacegate for the day. Looks like every loop iteration (during which it did run my mood script) counted as an extra drone. I didn't get my last soldier factoid so I can try this particular planet again tomorrow if that's helpful.
    Originally Posted by zarqon View Post
    That's puzzling. I assume that, somehow, I started with the wrong amount of energy remaining and failed to count down to zero and got the "out of energy" message repeatedly.

I'll make it recognize that message and stop adventuring - after prinint a message, since we don't expect to see that. If you see it, tell me what your last 20+ encoiunters were.

Feature request: as you already do with murderbots and spants, add a [type] parameter for animals and plants. I wanted to use this to farm my remaining factoids but had to give up and go back to the spreadsheet to find a planet with the appropriate type of animal or plant I was looking to get factoids from.
    Not my use case, since I have all factoids, and if I want plants and animals, I want the exotic ones for the chance of the rare drop, but perfectly reasonable. I'll do it.
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu
    R'lyeh wgah-nagl fhtagn.