Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Spacegate

I did that. I quite like this:

Code:
    > VeracitySpacegate rocks

Considering 1542 known planets.
    After filtering on 'rocks', 20 left.
    After filtering for fewest additional combat encounters, 20 left.
    After filtering for fewest additional noncombat encounters, 20 left.

I suggest that you visit the planet at coordinates ZZZZZZQ
    Here's what I know about that planet:

Planet Name: Abbrevianus Waldorf I (difficulty = 25)
    Coordinates: ZZZZZZQ

The sky is red fading into yellow near the horizon, speckled with puffy ecru-colored clouds.
    The landscape is lit by an incredibly close white sun.
    A gibbous moon hangs above the horizon.

Environmental Hazards:
      high gravity
      irradiated
      magnetic storms
    Elemental Hazards:
      frigid zones
      scary noises
      nasty gasses
    Plant Life: none detected
    Animal Life: none detected
    Intelligent Life: none detected
    Also notice that you need not use the command "goals"; if you omit it, it tries to intrpret your command as goals.

Minor request. Could SpacegateExplorer.ash accept coordinates in lower-case please?

Revision 140 makes SpacegateExplorer and VeracitySpacegate upper-case user-supplied coordinates before looking up the planet.

Great! Thank you.

I was looking over your plan for visit_spacegate() and I was curious how you intend to handle the gear. I believe I had my script run a maximize command with appropriate "+equip" parameters for the needed "requisition" gear, as well as resistance parameters based on the elemental hazards. It seemed to me that elemental resistance did help in reducing the damage from those hazards to more manageable levels....but I could be mistaken. I see that you've listed a "Spacegate" outfit as a requirement, but the outfit would would likely need to change for each planet (unless one were playing the same planet repeatedly, I guess). Just curious how you envision that part working.

Does the logic always "suggest" the highest difficulty when none is specified?

At the end, it chooses the hardest planet remaining, since that is likely to have more valuable rocks.
    Originally Posted by Veracity View Post
    Aha....disregard the above.

I was looking over your plan for visit_spacegate() and I was curious how you intend to handle the gear. I believe I had my script run a maximize command with appropriate "+equip" parameters for the needed "requisition" gear, as well as resistance parameters based on the elemental hazards. It seemed to me that elemental resistance did help in reducing the damage from those hazards to more manageable levels....but I could be mistaken. I see that you've listed a "Spacegate" outfit as a requirement, but the outfit would would likely need to change for each planet (unless one were playing the same planet repeatedly, I guess). Just curious how you envision that part working.
    Originally Posted by AlbinoRhino View Post
    Haven't completely thought that through. Here are some observations based on manually doing Spacegate with four multis for the last few weeks:

They are all high level:

Level 74 (unascended) Accordion Thief
    Level 76 (30 ascensions) Sauceror
    Level 68 (unascended) Accordion Thief
    Level 75 (38 ascension) Pastamancer

The unascended characters have no healing and no mass-damage abilities, short of items, that I have figured out. After struggling at Z difficulty, I've begun restricting them to M difficulty. I should experiment more and come up with a cost-effective way for them to do higher difficulties.
    The others can handle Z with their spells.

Regarding elemental damage, it all happens at the end of the encounter: you take a choice and sometimes get damage, or you finish a fight (win or lose) and sometimes get more damage. The only effect of not surviving the extra damage is that you are beaten up, in addition to being at zero HP.
    Interestingly, if you have (something) which regenerates at least one HP at the end of each encounter, if you do a planet with all non-combats, you don't need to heal; you can adventure perfectly well Beaten Up with a single HP. Obviously, you'll need to heal after you are done if you want to adventure somewhere else.

Regarding what to maximize for, I'd be inclined to go for Item Drop (if you will be facing combats), with +equip for each needed item, including your selected sample kit (geological, unless I make that configurable. The others seem sort of pointless, since "fascinating" samples are not worth that much, and you'll get at most 5 or 6 of them).

When I finish the initial "visit" functionality, I'll update VeracityMeatFarm to optionally call it with the command of your choice - and it'll equip your item-drop familiar for doing that. And I'll set my four multis loose to visit an (appropriate level) RANDOM planet every day...

Yeah, you've convinced me that "maximizing" appropriate gear is better than having an outfit and randomly losing this or that piece of equipment depending on the hazards.

You've also reminded me that if I am going to run each encounter via visit_url, so I can examine the encounter, log it, decide which choice to use, etc., that I have to manually invoke healing - or not - between each encounter - and the "all rocks" case requires only the meagerest healing.

Huh. Ezandora's script does this:

Code:
    		//Only restore one HP if it's just rocks:
    		int hp_desired = 1;
    		if (state.plant_life != "none detected" || state.animal_life != "none detected" || state.intelligent_life != "none detected")
    			hp_desired = my_maxhp();
    		//So... if all of those are none, what happens with spant/murderbots? Do you encounter fights? I don't think so?
    		if (my_hp() < hp_desired)
    			restore_hp(hp_desired);
    She doesn't account for Spants and Murderbots (she is wrong that you can't get combats without another kind of life present), and she's not looking at whether the other kinds of life are hostile or not. But I agree with the "only need 1 HP" observation.
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu
    R'lyeh wgah-nagl fhtagn.

(I notice that a shark jumper gives passive HP regeneration as well as +3 resistance to all elements. Not a bad use for the shirt slot...)

OK. I am thinking this:

If you have a "Spacegate" outfit, use it - understanding that this or that slots will be overridden by required environmental hazard equipment. You want a two-handed murderbot plasma rifle to autokill spants - even though it precludes a sample kit? Almost certainly a mistake, but it's YOUR mistake, and I will not second guess you.
    Otherwise, maximize on Item Drop, with +equip specified for each required environmental hazard item, as well as the (configured?) off-hand sample kit.
    There will be a parameter for additional "maximize" parameters - which will allow my characters to specify a shark jumper, say, to provide passive HP regen. Or anybody else to specify any other item they might always want.

I think I will ignore elemental damage. It either beats you up - in which case healing to 1 (or max) will do everything necessary - or it doesn't beat you up - and healing to max is what you will need. Which is to say, I don't see it as something that changes strategy.