Bug in available_amount() ?

SBThief

I'm kinda new at this, so maybe I'm not understanding something.

I am currently a level 9 Pastamancer, and today I got a psychic's circlet from Madam Zatara. I've written a script to equip my "best" rollover stuff, but when I run it I discover that available_amount($item[psychic's circlet]) is zero. I can in fact manually equip my psychic's circlet. What am I missing, or did I find a bug?

AlbinoRhino

Items obtained through kmail aren't added to mafia's inventory until you manually refresh the inventory....I think.

SBThief

How would I do that? I'd refreshed the Mafia page several times before I ran my script... I got the circlet first thing, and ran the script when I was done for the day. I will report back after rollover to see if anything has changed.

SBThief

Hmm. In the mean time, I'd logged off. I logged back on to try this, but available_amount() now returns the expected value. I'll try it with a new item from Zatara after rollover. I think you've probably got the right answer, though....

"refresh inv"

Bah, I was looking to see if someone said this and didn't see it but The Dictator beat me to it.

Last edited:

SBThief

Yes! That was exactly it. Once I did a cli_execute("refresh inv"); everything worked as expected.

Thanks to everyone who responded. I will figure this stuff out yet!

Oh hey, I didn't know the refresh command has that specific functionality. It does explain why I get a failure message whenever I try to call 'help refresh' because it will just tell me I can't refresh that. ('help refres' or some other substring works as normal, so it's not a big deal).