New Content - Implemented Voter Registration Form

Darzil

Developer
r18961 adds initial support.
Recognises permanent access as _voteAlways.
Logs possible local votes in preferences _voteLocal1, _voteLocal2, _voteLocal3, _voteLocal4.
Adds mods chosen to _voteModifier. (works for visiting Booth after voting, when voting is untested)

Would you mind adding a property for your turncount at last wanderer encounter? Maybe voteLastTurn or something like that? So that we know if we encountered the wanderer at that turn yet or not?

Last edited:
The wanderers spawn whenever your total turns played (the lifetime one, not the per run one) equals 1 under mod 11. Unlike normal wanderers, they don't hang around until you are ready to receive them, if you miss one, he's gone and you'll have to wait (up to) 11 turns for the next one. (You can miss them by spending turns in ways that don't allow wanderers to spawn, or by simply not wearing your I Voted! badge).

Last edited:

Darzil

Developer
So lifetime turns played % 11 = 10 ?

Maybe we should also have counters added, either every time or until fights run out, with an option to choose none/free/all.

Last edited:
Wait, there is a ghost alert not from a script (like guide)? I know mafia tracks them, I don't think mafia will warn you inherently.

Ryo_Sangnoir

Developer
Staff member
I don't think there's a ghost alert. There is a Lights Out alert, though ("spookyraven on"), and these mayor wanderers seem very similar to that.

Last edited:

AlbinoRhino

r18965. I am getting the attached debug log today whenever I attempt to visit the voting booth. Yesterday when I bought and installed the item, everything worked OK (ie the various _voteLocal prefs were all set as expected). Today, the attached log is produced and none of prefs get set. Some other info which may or may not apply...after the debug log occurs, no ASH script will run (the NPE just recurs for any script) and KolMafia will not shut down properly (I can dispose of the mafia window but I have to kill the javaw process in the task manager). Prior to visiting the booth, all ASH scripts will run normally.
Also attaching the voting booth html.

Attachments

• DEBUG_20181104.txt
    3.8 KB · Views: 21
  • voting.html.txt
    56 KB · Views: 67

Darzil

Developer
r18966 - Try this. I think the issue is that +20 Damage to Unarmed Attacks isn't tracked by mafia, and wasn't recognised.

Your html is way different from what I get, with extra spans all over it.

AlbinoRhino

Doh. I saved the "View Frame Source" page instead of copying what it was showing me. I think the extra HTML comes from making the page source "viewable". (I only gave it a brief glance though.)

I already voted today b/c I didn't expect anyone would jump on this so fast! So I don't think I can reproduce it now. I did notice that the modifier prop got set correctly...but since I couldn't get a proper shutdown and had to kill the task, it looks like that setting was lost...after re-logging in (still referring to r18965). Does that sound right? Mafia can lose settings if shutdown doesn't complete correctly and you have to kill the process? (I was thinking they were saved when they changed?)

In any event, after re-login with r18966 and visiting the (post-voting) booth page, _voteModifier was set again from there. Maybe someone else will get a strange modifier and can give a better report.

Thanks for looking this over!

Darzil

Developer
r18967 adds tracking for Vote Monster.
set trackVoteMonster to true, free or false.
If free, will only track the first three Vote Monsters.

Darzil

Developer
Can someone with high stats spade out the scaling cap on today's monsters? (floor is 10, they scale at stat+5+ML)

With 1090 muscle and 44 ml, the mutant I just fought had 1044 defense, but I wasn't paying close attention to the other stats.

With 1057 muscle, 1097 moxie and 67 ml, the mutant had 800 hp, 1067 attack and 1067 defense, so it caps both at 1000 (and hps are 3/4ths of defense as usual).

Last edited:

Darzil

Developer
With 1090 muscle and 44 ml, the mutant I just fought had 1044 defense, but I wasn't paying close attention to the other stats.

With 1057 muscle, 1097 moxie and 67 ml, the mutant had 800 hp, 1067 attack and 1067 defense, so it caps both at 1000 (and hps are 3/4ths of defense as usual).

r18969

The wandering monster tracking is great, but not quite perfect:

Currently, the counter sticks around after fighting the monster, with a new one getting set the next time you spent an adventure (which might be immediately IF it's not one of the free ones, I haven't fought any of those yet today).
Since mafia does know that you fought the monster on that turn already, could the timer be removed to indicate that you already fought the monster on that turn, rather than pointing you to try and fight him again?

Last edited: