New Content - Implemented Voter Registration Form

Malibu Stacey

Yep relay browser. The preferences menu says "Stop automation, or show relay warning, when Wandering monsters with fixed turn are due" for that option.

Darzil

Developer
Whether the warning will appear or not will depend on what stopForFixedWanderer had as a setting when the counter was added, not when it expires.

Could that be the issue (as it worked for me) ?

Malibu Stacey

Today I logged in, checked stopForFixedWanderer=false, used the voting booth which added the counter. I then digitized a Witchess piece to add it's counter.

I adventured 2 times, 3rd adventure the vote monster counter is up & I am seeing the warning page in the relay browser (I don't have the sticker equipped). This is unexpected.
Adventured until the first digitized copy appeared (7 adventure counter), no warning page (as expected I guess).

Set stopForFixedWanderer to true (using the checkbox in preferences & confirmed in gCLI).

2nd Vote Wanderer still showed the warning page (no sticker equipped). Expected since the counter was added when the value was false so same behaviour as previously but still unexpected.
3rd Vote Wanderer still showed the warning page (no sticker equipped). Expected since the checkbox was true before this counter was added.
Second digitized copy (20 adventure counter), no warning page (as expected since the counter was added when the value was false).
Third digitized copy (30 adventure counter), warning page (as expected since the counter was added when the value was true).

So it looks like the digitize counter (and I'm assuming the LOV Enamorang) is working as expected even if it is slightly unintuitive in that it doesn't affect any existing counters, only subsequent ones. I assume this is because it's doing the equivalent of calling the CLI command "counters warn [counter name]" when the counter is created if stopForFixedWanderer=true.

Tomorrow I'll test the vote wanderers with the sticker equipped & see if that works as expected as it doesn't appear to without the sticker equipped.

Code:
KoLmafia v18.11 r19036

Malibu Stacey

You can check your counter preference. If it has the loc=* it won't show the warning, I think.

right now it looks like

Code:
19237:Vote Monster:absballot.gif:19254:Digitize Monster loc=* type=wander:watch.gif

stopForFixedWanderer has been false for the past few days (since my last post in this thread).

If I run counters nowarn "Vote Monster" it changes to

Code:
19237:Vote Monster loc=*:absballot.gif:19254:Digitize Monster loc=* type=wander:watch.gif

with stopForFixedWanderer still false, I equipped the sticker & fought the monster. At the end of combat I got the following in the CLI

Code:
This combat did not cost a turn
Preference _voteFreeFights changed from 0 to 1
Preference lastVoteMonsterTurn changed from 489083 to 489622
Preference relayCounters changed from 19237:Vote Monster loc=*:absballot.gif:19254:Digitize Monster loc=* type=wander:watch.gif to 19254:Digitize Monster loc=* type=wander:watch.gif
Preference relayCounters changed from 19254:Digitize Monster loc=* type=wander:watch.gif to 19254:Digitize Monster loc=* type=wander:watch.gif:19248:Vote Monster:absballot.gif

So it looks like the Vote Monster counter is having the warning applied even when stopForFixedWanderer = false regardless.

[edit] for completeness, I set stopForFixedWanderer to true and killed the 2nd vote monster of the day. At the end of combat I got the following in the gCLI

Code:
This combat did not cost a turn
Preference _voteFreeFights changed from 1 to 2
Preference lastVoteMonsterTurn changed from 489622 to 489633
Preference relayCounters changed from 19254:Digitize Monster loc=* type=wander:watch.gif:19248:Vote Monster:absballot.gif to 19254:Digitize Monster loc=* type=wander:watch.gif
Preference relayCounters changed from 19254:Digitize Monster loc=* type=wander:watch.gif to 19254:Digitize Monster loc=* type=wander:watch.gif:19259:Vote Monster:absballot.gif

Which confirms that it makes no difference what the setting is, the warning is always applied when the counter is created.

Last edited:

Malibu Stacey

Government-Issued Garb Trick-or-Treat candy

Code:
--------------------
10163	government-issued candy	855701086	mochiball.gif	multiple	t,d	5	government-issued candies
Item	government-issued candy	Effect: "Standard Cheer", Effect Duration: 20
--------------------
--------------------
2447	Standard Cheer	mochiball.gif	0a44269adec20e7f6c44972e7e290a15	use 1 government-issued candy
Effect	Standard Cheer	Muscle: +1, Mysticality: +1, Moxie: +1, Maximum HP: +1, Maximum MP: +1, Damage Absorption: +1, Damage Reduction: 1
--------------------
You acquire government-issued candy (2)

Sadly it's the only one of the 4 outfits from this IotM I have. We'll need others to grab the candies for the snake skin, mutant limbs & slime outfits.

Magus_Prime

Slime Enslamble candy:

Code:
--------------------
10161	virgin jello shot	615419235	celloshot.gif	multiple	t,d	5
Item	virgin jello shot	Effect: "Sugar Rush", Effect Duration: 100
--------------------

Mutant Part Apparel candy:

Code:
--------------------
10162	mutated candy lump	627332640	vglob2.gif	multiple	t,d	5
Item	mutated candy lump	Effect: "Slightly Mutated", Effect Duration: 20
--------------------
--------------------
2446	Slightly Mutated	vglob2.gif	53bd0e4774833233c6bdd382969ca4a2	use 1 mutated candy lump
Effect	Slightly Mutated	Mysticality: +15, Spooky Damage: +15
--------------------

Snakeskin Suit candy:

Code:
--------------------
10160	licorice snake	205645323	licsnake.gif	multiple	t,d	5
Item	licorice snake	Effect: "Whippin' It Good", Effect Duration: 20
--------------------
--------------------
2445	Whippin' It Good	licsnake.gif	ee6c594b8781e800bfb9c4d710468f5b	use 1 licorice snake
Effect	Whippin' It Good	Critical Hit Percent: +5
--------------------

I just recently had an issue where mafia did not recognize "+20 Damage to Unarmed Attacks" as my _voteLocal1 modifier. It looks like it was recognized properly by VOTE_PATTERN but may have failed the call to Modifiers.parseModifier() - I can't really test it any more since my votes were already made but I do have the HTML if that would be helpful (unless this is just an issue because I've messed with my own mafia too much).

ckb

Minion
Staff member
I just recently had an issue where mafia did not recognize "+20 Damage to Unarmed Attacks" as my _voteLocal1 modifier. It looks like it was recognized properly by VOTE_PATTERN but may have failed the call to Modifiers.parseModifier() - I can't really test it any more since my votes were already made but I do have the HTML if that would be helpful (unless this is just an issue because I've messed with my own mafia too much).

I asked this once, and got this response:
https://kolmafia.us/showthread.php?23286-Voter-Registration-Form&p=150446&viewfull=1#post150446

Ah, neat. I can work with that. I was worried my recent modifier tinkering broke something.

I see that the way the modifiers are handled, the unarmed property would end up applying to the set of modifiers from _voteModifiers. In my own build, I changed _voteModifiers to refer to the specific _voteLocal properties and generate the modifiers that way (with viewing the voting booth replacing/rewriting _voteLocal to ensure a match).

Last edited:

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Which is fair.

Once we support "Unarmed Damage" (as opposed to "Weapon Damage" or "Ranged Damage", we will certainly support enchantments that affect it.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
In my own build...
Always curious what this or that tech-savvy user chooses to change. Some of those things can end up as official mods.

I seem to recall lost having a private build, from which a number of things became "official", after I looked at them and added them - which were enough to make me add him as a dev. :)

Which is fair.

Once we support "Unarmed Damage" (as opposed to "Weapon Damage" or "Ranged Damage", we will certainly support enchantments that affect it.

I don't think it is terribly important anyway, unless we all lose our arms in a new path.

Always curious what this or that tech-savvy user chooses to change. Some of those things can end up as official mods.

I seem to recall lost having a private build, from which a number of things became "official", after I looked at them and added them - which were enough to make me add him as a dev. :)

I know that I started with making error messages more verbose. Some messages, such as "You can't make that item", are not as helpful in the middle of a script (but are just fine if you were using the CLI).

My svn diff is around 4000 lines now. If you wanted to peruse it, I'd make it available to you.