Remove security warning when opening kolmafia.jar

ereinion

The last couple of days, whenever I try to open a downloaded daily build from the download bar in my browser. I get a security warning:
IlAWH.png
It basically says something like "kolmafia.jar is a program file, and can contain viruses and stuff. Are you sure you want to open it?"

Needless to say I do want to open it, or I wouldn't have downloaded the frigging thing, and while the extra click isn't really that much effort, it is starting to get a bit old.

Now, I am unsure if this is a consequence of a browser update, or some system security setting, but if anyone here has an idea of how to disable the warning I'd really appreciate it.

I am using Firefox Quantum 63.0 (64 bit) and Windows 10 Home (OS build 17134.345)

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Never seen the warning. Might be because Windows has a property that says a file came from the internet and some programs check it. File properties should show it and clearing it might make the prompt go away at least until you download again and have to clear it again.

Trying to run it from the download bar in the browser might also be a problem. I download and the double click on the file in a local directory.