Some questions w.r.t latte, consumption and farming

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Is anyone working on an informative script that will look at the missing latte ingredients and produce a list of the locations that need to be visited? The list of ingredients and locations is easily scraped (and somewhat static) from the wiki but I am not sure if there is a way to find missing (or available) ingredients except by scraping the latte page with ash and I am lazy enough to want to avoid that.

Has anyone compared Veracity's vcon to EatDrink, primarily in terms of total cost and adventures generated? Anecdotally I feel like EatDrink is eeking out a couple more adventures for me but it would be nice to have some data to support that (or not).

Is there any empirical data on the expected meat gain from farming a region? I'm specifically interested in the delta between Dinsey and the Park (as used by Veracity's Meat Farming Script) because I have to buy a daily pass to access the former and it would be nice to know that I am still coming out ahead.

I could build scripts and run experiments that would help me with the latter two but it is easier to ask questions, so I am :)

Thanks.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Is anyone working on an informative script that will look at the missing latte ingredients and produce a list of the locations that need to be visited? The list of ingredients and locations is easily scraped (and somewhat static) from the wiki but I am not sure if there is a way to find missing (or available) ingredients except by scraping the latte page with ash and I am lazy enough to want to avoid that.

Darzil anticipated this, so latteUnlocks exists.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I have what I need w.r.t. lattes. Thanks for reminding me. One comment for other users. The string that is recorded by mafia to indicate an unlock is not always the string one might expect from reading the wiki. Easiest way to determine what the string is is to execute "latte unlocks" and look at the ingredients column.