Bug semirare counter desyncing

taltamir

I have no interest in putting in lots of extra tracking to handle aftercore semirares. The meat from finding them just isn't important enough. Your concern about 20k meat for a semirare while being willing to throw turns at Twin Peak until you burn it down confuses me.
It is not concern about 20k meat. I mainly use it in run to get density 6 food/drink in run which can help with daycount. I just happened to coincidentally notice this issue in aftercore that one time while hunting down factoids.
Also I am currently handling it manually. So it is really more about making mafia more optimal than it is about me personally needing it.

Also, by willingness to throw 50 turns at twin peak to burn it down are you referring to me making that feature request to have mafia auto stop in twin peak when it burns down twin peak?
That was in a 0 skill HC Ed run where I could not easily get the necessary +50% item drop and had no access to queue manipulation. Moreover it was on a multi account that I don't care too much about and mainly use for testing stuff.

Also, it does not need to be exhaustive tracking that calculates every single possible scenario in depth.
1. On the existing tracking code for community service. put a check to see if the just done community service coincided with the existing semirare counter. On partial coverage set the variable to 1, on full coverage set the variable to 2.
2. On post combat handling, if variable is not zero, set it to zero
3. on eating fortune cookie/drinking lindy do an if check for that variable. if it is on 0, do nothing new.
If it is on 1, give a warning "mafia can't be certain if semirare counter exists on the server. you might want to first adventure somewhere to set it, still consume Yes/No".
If it is on 2, give a warning "mafia determined that semirare counter has not been set on the server. you need to adventure somewhere first before consuming fortune cookie/lucky lindy".

Last edited:

taltamir

That just leaves the case where your counter is exactly 0, where you will also get bogus numbers from a fortune cookie (not sure about a lindy, but probably there too).
Finally remembered to test this. You indeed get bogus numbers from lindy when the counter is zero

Code:
You gain 4 Adventures
You gain 7 Strengthliness
You gain 5     Mysteriousness
You gain 5 Chutzpah
You lose 500 Meat
Lindy burp:     196

[1861] The Haunted Pantry
Encounter: The Pilsbury     Doughjerk
You acquire tasty tart (3)
You gain 3 Adventures
You     gain 7 Fortitude
You gain 6 Magicalness
You gain 5 Cheek
You gain     1 Drunkenness
You lose some of an effect: Ode to Booze (-1)
You lose     500 Meat
Lindy burp: 175

Crowther

I finally got around to intentionally losing a free fight (Neverending Party) and I wasn't able to make the counter desync.