Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Random failures

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    352

    Default Random failures

    I had a power failure a little over a week ago. Since then, I've been getting lots of random software failures while playing KoL using mafia. I've been unable to detect any pattern or come up with any ideas of what could be causing the failures. I'm getting a couple of different kinds of failures:

    Top Menu link errors:

    Code:
    Error when clicking on Top Menu link in the gCLI window:
    
        IOException during data post (messages.php?the_action=save&pwd&box=Inbox&sel136396465=on&sel136395975=on&sel136395744=on): www.kingdomofloathing.com.
    
    Then in the brower center pane:
    
        Firefox canít find the file at https://127.0.0.1:60080/messages.php.
    
        Check the file name for capitalization or other typing errors.
        Check to see if the file was moved, renamed or deleted.
    IOException Errors:
    Code:
    Visit to Menagerie: Cobb's Knob Menagerie, Level 1 in progress...
    IOException during data post (adventure.php?snarfblat=51): www.kingdomofloathing.com.
    
    Visit to Menagerie: Cobb's Knob Menagerie, Level 1 in progress...
    IOException during data post (adventure.php?snarfblat=51): www.kingdomofloathing.com.
    This results in a loop, until I manually stop the process, with the same error being repeated over and over again.



    After entering the command "numberology 69" in the gCLI, I got the response "You can't Calculate the Universe" and the browser became unresponsive. So I clicked Refresh Session in the Tools Menu and got:
    Code:
    Loading character status...
    IOException during data post (api.php?what=status&for=KoLmafia): www.kingdomofloathing.com.
    Refreshing session data...
    Synchronizing moon data...
    Loading character status...
    IOException during data post (api.php?what=status&for=KoLmafia): www.kingdomofloathing.com.
    Retrieving character data...
    Updating inventory...
    IOException during data post (api.php?what=inventory&for=KoLmafia): www.kingdomofloathing.com.
    Examining Meat in closet...
    IOException during data post (closet.php?which=1): www.kingdomofloathing.com.
    Updating closet...
    IOException during data post (api.php?what=closet&for=KoLmafia): www.kingdomofloathing.com.
    Retrieving quest data...
    IOException during data post (questlog.php?which=3): www.kingdomofloathing.com.
    IOException during data post (questlog.php?which=2): www.kingdomofloathing.com.
    IOException during data post (questlog.php?which=1): www.kingdomofloathing.com.
    Retrieving familiar data...
    IOException during data post (place.php?whichplace=chateau): www.kingdomofloathing.com.
    Retrieving campground data...
    IOException during data post (campground.php?action=inspectdwelling): www.kingdomofloathing.com.
    IOException during data post (campground.php?action=inspectkitchen): www.kingdomofloathing.com.
    IOException during data post (campground.php?action=workshed): www.kingdomofloathing.com.
    IOException during data post (peevpee.php?place=fight): www.kingdomofloathing.com.
    Examining Meat and pulls in storage...
    IOException during data post (storage.php?which=5): www.kingdomofloathing.com.
    Updating storage...
    IOException during data post (api.php?what=storage&for=KoLmafia): www.kingdomofloathing.com.
    IOException during data post (desc_item.php?whichitem=239178788): www.kingdomofloathing.com.
    Unexpected error, debug log printed.
    That's the attached debug log.

    I run several different characters on two different computers and am seeing lots of random failures like these. Some characters work fine one day and then get errors the next. Some days it seems like everybody is getting errors (but that may just be my frustration speaking). None of the other programs I'm running seem to have any problems. I've used several different builds of mafia over the past week and have had these problems (and many other variations on them) with all of them.

    OS Version: Mac OSX 10.6.8 and 10.11.6
    Java Version: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_55-b13)
    Mafia Versions: KoLmafia-18940M.jar, KoLmafia-18941M.jar, KoLmafia-18942M.jar, KoLmafia-18943M.jar, KoLmafia-18944M.jar

    I don't think this is necessarily a Mafia problem, but am hoping that someone may recognize something from this info to help point me in the right direction to find and solve the problem.

    Thanks for reading and for any insight you can offer.
    Attached Files

  2. #2

    Default

    IOException means that there was no response from the server. That could be KoL (sometimes, though probably not in this case), or an issue with your ISP, or possibly a hardware issue such as a problem with your network card (especially if it's an intermittent problem).

    KoLmafia's debug log in this case just means that the page should never fail to return an expected format, and the code can't handle when it does. It won't help diagnose anything here.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •