Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: October ItoM : latte lovers member's mug

Developer

Am working on complete re-write !

And yeah, plan to add a command to make one, as it'd be such a pain to script.

Urgh, the values change every time you visit the page! That's a nightmare! What possible benefit is there to doing that or is it just to mess with scripters?

(Edit - I'd guess it was actually there to stop us learning what all the options were, and stop us brute forcing ones others had discovered. But then it was decided to show them all to make it more user friendly)
    Originally Posted by Darzil View Post
    The values changing doesn't actually matter. You can use old values and they work just fine (at least this has worked for me since last night).

Developer

The values changing doesn't actually matter. You can use old values and they work just fine (at least this has worked for me since last night).
    Originally Posted by cheesecookie View Post
    But would my values work for you! Given that it'd be much easier if we could use the same code for everyone!

Developer

So, r18929 is a bit of rewrite. Some spading still needed for the locations and discovery text (marked "TBC").

Bound to be a few errors in there.

Future plans:
    Track unlocks (using locations LATTE[i][LOCATION], text LATTE[i][DISCOVER]) and parsing Latte choice.
    Creation command (using 3 x LATTE[i][INGREDIENT] and parsing Latte choice).
    Fill in the "TBC" entries once spaded.

Edit - Got a patch ready for unlocks, but have only tested parsing the choice as I'm overdrunk - should hit tomorrow.
    Edit 2 - Not 100% sure that r18929 will handle duplicate modifiers correctly.
    Last edited by Darzil; 10-04-2018 at 10:09 PM.

But would my values work for you! Given that it'd be much easier if we could use the same code for everyone!
    Originally Posted by Darzil View Post
    I used Slaw's value and it worked for me - the way it works reminds me of using crypt.

Are the properties which were added actually functional yet? If not, then please disregard...

I finally got around to messing with this item today and the first thing I tried was the copy skill on a black widow spider. The browser showed success but the props are:

_latteBanishUsed
    false
    _latteCopyUsed
    false
    _latteDrinkUsed
    false
    _latteMonster

_latteRefillsUsed
    latteModifier

I haven't actually filled it with anything yet, if that makes a difference.

Edit: Also, it appears that 'have_skill($skill[Offer Latte to Opponent])' is returning true even when the browser shows it as disabled.
    Last edited by AlbinoRhino; 10-04-2018 at 10:54 PM.

$skill[Throw Latte on Opponent] updated the props correctly. (including banishedMonsters).

have_skill() is returning true for it as well (in-combat when it is disabled).

Edit:
    $skill[Gulp Latte] = same as above (correct prop update, have_skill() returns true in combat)

Edit:
    latteModifier updated correctly on refill.
    Last edited by AlbinoRhino; 10-04-2018 at 11:37 PM.

Developer

Hopefully r18930 fixes the detection of Offer Latte.

have_skill() returning true for skills you have, but cannot currently use due to daily/other limits is absolutely normal.

It also adds unlock detection (latteUnlocks), fixes duplicate modifier handling and logs unlocks discovered whilst adventuring.

Hmmm...I knew that....don't know what I was thinking last night. Thanks Darzil.

Developer

LatteRequest:225 threw a NPE after a tentacle fight in the Science Tent, presumably because locationName is null.