Thread: "nowander" locations & the digitize counter

Default "nowander" locations & the digitize counter

I've noticed that mafia seems to increment the digitize counter while in the FantasyRealm zone. I see that those locations are marked "nowander" in adventures.txt.

It doesn't appear that the game (KoL) is actually incrementing the counter in those locations.

Is it the expected behavior for mafia to increment that counter in "nowander" locations?

I feel like there is something I am not understanding here.

Nowander affects whether the counter will start there, which is the same as whether a wandering monster will show up there. If the counter is started, then it is impossible to spend adventures without incrementing the counter.

I suspect this thread is a very roundabout way of reporting that something is incorrectly starting the counter, and you don't yet know what, but it shouldn't be FantasyRealm.

Hmm. Thanks for the clarification.

Developer

Nowander affects whether the counter will start there, which is the same as whether a wandering monster will show up there. If the counter is started, then it is impossible to spend adventures without incrementing the counter.
    Originally Posted by lostcalpolydude View Post
    Does that include losing to a free monster, as I'm sure I've seen a bug report here on that one?

It includes things that have nothing to do with adventure.php, like cooking or smithing.