"nowander" locations & the digitize counter

AlbinoRhino

I've noticed that mafia seems to increment the digitize counter while in the FantasyRealm zone. I see that those locations are marked "nowander" in adventures.txt.

It doesn't appear that the game (KoL) is actually incrementing the counter in those locations.

Is it the expected behavior for mafia to increment that counter in "nowander" locations?

I feel like there is something I am not understanding here.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Nowander affects whether the counter will start there, which is the same as whether a wandering monster will show up there. If the counter is started, then it is impossible to spend adventures without incrementing the counter.

I suspect this thread is a very roundabout way of reporting that something is incorrectly starting the counter, and you don't yet know what, but it shouldn't be FantasyRealm.

Darzil

Developer
Nowander affects whether the counter will start there, which is the same as whether a wandering monster will show up there. If the counter is started, then it is impossible to spend adventures without incrementing the counter.
Does that include losing to a free monster, as I'm sure I've seen a bug report here on that one?