Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 'acquire print screen button' fails if the coinmaster is sold out

It is not autoBuyPriceLimit. That has nothing to do with mafia trying to buy it from the NPC shop (visible in the copy-pasted output in the first post).

It is not autoBuyPriceLimit. That has nothing to do with mafia trying to buy it from the NPC shop (visible in the copy-pasted output in the first post).
    Originally Posted by lostcalpolydude View Post
    > acquire print screen button

Verifying ingredients for print screen button (1)...
    Purchasing print screen button (1 @ 111 BACON)...
    Visiting the Internet Meme Shop...
    Internet Meme Shop successfully looted!
    Creation failed, no results detected.

> ashq buy(1, $item[print screen button])

Searching for "print screen button"...
    Search complete.
    Purchasing print screen button (1 @ 34,999)...
    Purchases complete.
    Since acquire was being used, the behavior I expect is that it will iterate over the acquisition methods in order from lowest to highest cost until the item is acquired. I interpreted the output as saying it first tried the NPC store and failed because it was "out of stock". It then tried the mall and failed, presumably because autoBuyPriceLimit was less than 34,999.

Is my expectations of how acquire works incorrect or could the buy limit be a factor after the NPC purchase is unsuccessful?
    You just vehemently agreed with me
    Originally Posted by Veracity View Post
    I agree with frono.

Creation failed, no results detected.
    That results in an error state. The bug is that mafia uses a server hit trying to buy from the coinmaster (when it should know that it can't), and then the failure means the mall purchase is never attempted.

That results in an error state. The bug is that mafia uses a server hit trying to buy from the coinmaster (when it should know that it can't), and then the failure means the mall purchase is never attempted.
    Originally Posted by lostcalpolydude View Post
    Thank you. Then this is a bug or FR because acquire does not continue after the first failure? Apologies if that was obvious to everyone else, but I just figured it out.
    You just vehemently agreed with me
    I agree with frono.

Developer

Well, not quite. I'd argue that the bug is that acquire doesn't respect the pref (and tries to acquire from the coinmaster in the first place).

Might just need an entry in CoinMastersDatabase.availableItem() and possibly also purchaseLimit().

Developer

I think it is that somewhere, it checks if the item exists in the coinmaster database (it does) rather than that it is purchasable (it isn't).

Developer

Ah, it's in MemeShopRequest.canBuyItem(), which only seems to be checked (in this particular execution) in CoinMasterRequest.buy().

Good news, I guess, is that it doesn't invoke an unnecessary server hit as is.