New Content - Implemented September 2018 IotM - The Neverending Party

Crowther

Aha, not resetting on rollover! Will fix. Not been lucky enough to get that drop to test yet.
I didn't know the item existed earlier today, but my test/chat multi already had one. I can also confirm that mafia wrongly removed it from my inventory when used.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Whoops, I got that wrong when telling mafia that it was usable at all, so it wouldn't equip them 3 times during breakfast.

taltamir

If you are in hardmode and try to autoadventure in NEP mafia gives the CLI message
Code:
[470] The Neverending Party
Encounter:
Nothing more to do here.
Which is misleading. It should differentiate between "party over" and "wear your party hard t-shirt" messages.

Darzil

Developer
If you are in hardmode and try to autoadventure in NEP mafia gives the CLI message
Code:
[470] The Neverending Party
Encounter:
Nothing more to do here.
Which is misleading. It should differentiate between "party over" and "wear your party hard t-shirt" messages.

Fair enough. What ARE those messages?

taltamir

Fair enough. What ARE those messages?
For quest being finished, there are those two messages
as soon as quest finishes https://kol.coldfront.net/thekolwiki/index.php/All_Done!
trying to adventure there again after quest finished: https://kol.coldfront.net/thekolwiki/index.php/Party's_Over

For trying to adventure there without the party hard shirt while in hardmode... its not in the wiki.
I will get the info and post it here as soon as I am out of hardcore. roughly a day from now

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
You were asked here what the messages were.
Why not post the answers here, rather than point at the Wiki?
We don't generally look at the Wiki, preferring first-hand observations.
Directing us to "go look at the Wiki" feels like lazy delegation - and if you do that to me, I will block you and be blissfully unaware of anything you post forevermore.

*puzzled*

Last edited:

taltamir

You were asked here what the messages were.
Why not post the answers here, rather than point at the Wiki?
We don't generally look at the Wiki, preferring first-hand observations.
Directing us to "go look at the Wiki" feels like lazy delegation - and if you do that to me, I will block you and be blissfully unaware of anything you post forevermore.

*puzzled*
That was a link to specific wiki page for a specific noncombat adventure, not a general "go look at wiki".
And then I stated after that link that I will be out of hardcore soon (should be 5 hours from now) and then I will be able to provide more exact info.

Also wiki does not include the double spaces and html that can break detections
I was not aware that this is an issue. How do I extract the proper info then when I see it?

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
By the way - I was feeling irritated last night when I wrote my response and was a lot ruder. I edited it, since I really am not looking to make enemies. I may still have come across as harsh. Sorry.

What REALLY annoys me is when people tell me that I "should go add something to the Wiki" - which is telling me to spend my freely given volunteer time on something that is not my main focus. My "community service" consists of maintaining KoLmafia and helping the users thereof, thank you very much.

taltamir

By the way - I was feeling irritated last night when I wrote my response and was a lot ruder. I edited it, since I really am not looking to make enemies. I may still have come across as harsh. Sorry.

What REALLY annoys me is when people tell me that I "should go add something to the Wiki" - which is telling me to spend my freely given volunteer time on something that is not my main focus. My "community service" consists of maintaining KoLmafia and helping the users thereof, thank you very much.
Thank you. and no problem, I understand it must be frustrating.
And don't worry, I was not upset at you... rather worried that I accidentally gave offense.

Darzil

Developer
More often I get the html from looking at the source in a browser, as often you see the problem and by then it is too late for a debug log, but you can often go back in the browser to older pages.

antipasta

I noticed that mafia didn't pick up the meat drop for the DJ quest when I chose the "crack the safe" option in the upstairs bedroom. The message on the page was:

You find 1,026 Meat in the safe, which you contribute to the DJ's bill. (1340 Meat remaining)

... with the "(1340 Meat remaining)" being a mafia decoration (I assume). But there was actually 314 meat remaining.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I noticed that mafia didn't pick up the meat drop for the DJ quest when I chose the "crack the safe" option in the upstairs bedroom. The message on the page was:

... with the "(1340 Meat remaining)" being a mafia decoration (I assume). But there was actually 314 meat remaining.

taltamir

I believe this is the relevant output needed from the debug log for the "wear your party hard shirt" message

Code:
Retrieving server reply
ResponseText has 7788 characters.
<html><head><script language=Javascript><!--if (parent.frames.length == 0) location.href="game.php";top.charpane.location.href="charpane.php";//--></script><script language=Javascript src="https://s3.amazonaws.com/images.kingdomofloathing.com/scripts/keybinds.min.2.js"></script><script language=Javascript src="https://s3.amazonaws.com/images.kingdomofloathing.com/scripts/window.20111231.js"></script><script language="javascript">function chatFocus(){if(top.chatpane.document.chatform.graf) top.chatpane.document.chatform.graf.focus();}if (typeof defaultBind != 'undefined') { defaultBind(47, 2, chatFocus); defaultBind(190, 2, chatFocus);defaultBind(191, 2, chatFocus); defaultBind(47, 8, chatFocus);defaultBind(190, 8, chatFocus); defaultBind(191, 8, chatFocus); }</script><script>function switchFocus(){if (top.chatpane.document.chatform.graf.focus)top.chatpane.document.chatform.graf.focus();return false;}function repeat(){var linx = document.getElementsByTagName("A");for (var i = 0; i < linx.length; i++){if (typeof timersfunc != 'undefined') {if (!timersfunc()) {return;}timersfunc = null;}var link = linx[i];if (link.innerHTML.match(/Adventure Again/) || link.innerHTML.match(/Do it again/))location.href = link.href;}}defaultBind(47, CTRL, switchFocus);defaultBind(191, CTRL, switchFocus);defaultBind(47, META, switchFocus);defaultBind(191, META, switchFocus);defaultBind(192, NONE, repeat);defaultBind(220, NONE, repeat);</script><script language="javascript">function updateParseItem(iid, field, info) {var tbl = $('#ic'+iid);var data = parseItem(tbl);if (!data) return;data[field] = info;var out = [];for (i in data) {if (!data.hasOwnProperty(i)) continue;out.push(i+'='+data[i]);}tbl.attr('rel', out.join('&'));}function parseItem(tbl) {tbl = $(tbl);var rel = tbl.attr('rel');var data = {};if (!rel) return data;var parts = rel.split('&');for (i in parts) {if (!parts.hasOwnProperty(i)) continue;var kv = parts[i].split('=');tbl.data(kv[0], kv[1]);data[kv[0]] = kv[1];}return data;}</script><script language=Javascript src="https://s3.amazonaws.com/images.kingdomofloathing.com/scripts/jquery-1.3.1.min.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="https://s3.amazonaws.com/images.kingdomofloathing.com/scripts/pop_query.20130705.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="https://s3.amazonaws.com/images.kingdomofloathing.com/scripts/ircm.20161111.js"></script><script type="text/javascript">var tp = top;function pop_ircm_contents(i, some) {var contents = '',shown = 0,da = ' <a href="#" rel="?" class="small dojaxy">[some]</a> <a href="#" rel="',db = '" class="small dojaxy">[all]</a>',dc = '<div style="width:100%; padding-bottom: 3px;" rel="',dd = '<a href="#" rel="1" class="small dojaxy">[';one = 'one'; ss=some;if (i.d==1 && i.s>0) { shown++;contents += dc + 'sellstuff.php?action=sell&ajax=1&type=quant&whichitem%5B%5D=IID&howmany=NUM&pwd=1b3bd438f13bc2aa61456d417823ce43" id="pircm_'+i.id+'"><b>Auto-Sell ('+i.s+' meat):</b> '+dd+one+']</a>';if (ss) { contents += da + i.n + db;}contents += '</div>';}one = 'one'; ss=some;if (i.q==0) { shown++;contents += dc + 'managecollection.php?action=put&ajax=1&whichitem1=IID&howmany1=NUM&pwd=1b3bd438f13bc2aa61456d417823ce43" id="pircm_'+i.id+'"><b>Add to Display Case:</b> '+dd+one+']</a>';if (ss) { contents += da + i.n + db;}contents += '</div>';}one = 'one'; ss=some;if (i.u && i.u != "." && !i.ac) { shown++;contents += dc + 'inv_'+(i.u=="a"?"redir":(lab=(i.u=="u"?"use":(i.u=="e"?"eat":(i.u=="b"?"booze":(i.u=="s"?"spleen":"equip"))))))+'.php?ajax=1&whichitem=IID&itemquantity=NUM&quantity=NUM'+(i.u=="q"?"&action=equip":"")+'&pwd=1b3bd438f13bc2aa61456d417823ce43" id="pircm_'+i.id+'"><b>'+ucfirst(unescape(i.ou ? i.ou.replace(/\+/g," ") : (lab=="booze"?"drink":lab)))+':</b> '+dd+one+']</a>';if (ss && i.u != 'q' && !(i.u=='u' && i.m==0)) { contents += da + i.n + db;}contents += '</div>';}one = 'one'; ss=some;if (i.u && i.u != "." && i.ac) { shown++;contents += dc + 'inv_equip.php?slot=1&ajax=1&whichitem=IID&action=equip&pwd=1b3bd438f13bc2aa61456d417823ce43" id="pircm_'+i.id+'"><b>Equip (slot 1):</b> '+dd+one+']</a>';if (ss && i.u != 'q' && !(i.u=='u' && i.m==0)) { contents += da + i.n + db;}contents += '</div>';}one = 'one'; ss=some;if (i.u && i.u != "." && i.ac) { shown++;contents += dc + 'inv_equip.php?slot=2&ajax=1&whichitem=IID&action=equip&pwd=1b3bd438f13bc2aa61456d417823ce43" id="pircm_'+i.id+'"><b>Equip (slot 2):</b> '+dd+one+']</a>';if (ss && i.u != 'q' && !(i.u=='u' && i.m==0)) { contents += da + i.n + db;}contents += '</div>';}one = 'one'; ss=some;if (i.u && i.u != "." && i.ac) { shown++;contents += dc + 'inv_equip.php?slot=3&ajax=1&whichitem=IID&action=equip&pwd=1b3bd438f13bc2aa61456d417823ce43" id="pircm_'+i.id+'"><b>Equip (slot 3):</b> '+dd+one+']</a>';if (ss && i.u != 'q' && !(i.u=='u' && i.m==0)) { contents += da + i.n + db;}contents += '</div>';}return [contents, shown];}tp=topvar todo = [];function nextAction() {var next_todo = todo.shift();if (next_todo) {eval(next_todo);}}function dojax(dourl, afterFunc, hoverCaller, failureFunc, method, params) {$.ajax({type: method || 'GET', url: dourl, cache: false,data: params || null,global: false,success: function (out) {nextAction();if (out.match(/no\|/)) {var parts = out.split(/\|/);if (failureFunc) failureFunc(parts[1]);else if (window.dojaxFailure) window.dojaxFailure(parts[1]);else if (tp.chatpane.handleMessage) tp.chatpane.handleMessage({type: 'event', msg: 'Oops!  Sorry, Dave, you appear to be ' + parts[1]});else  $('#ChatWindow').append('<font color="green">Oops!  Sorry, Dave, you appear to be ' + parts[1] + '.</font><br />' + "\n");return;}if (hoverCaller)  {float_results(hoverCaller, out);if (afterFunc) { afterFunc(out); }return;}$(tp.mainpane.document).find("#effdiv").remove(); if(!window.dontscroll || (window.dontscroll && dontscroll==0)) { window.scroll(0,0);}var $eff = $(tp.mainpane.document).find('#effdiv');if ($eff.length == 0) {var d = tp.mainpane.document.createElement('DIV');d.id = 'effdiv';var b = tp.mainpane.document.body;if ($('#content_').length > 0) {b = $('#content_ div:first')[0];}b.insertBefore(d, b.firstChild);$eff = $(d);}$eff.find('a[name="effdivtop"]').remove().end().prepend('<a name="effdivtop"></a><center>' + out + '</center>').css('display','block');if (!window.dontscroll || (window.dontscroll && dontscroll==0)) {tp.mainpane.document.location = tp.mainpane.document.location + "#effdivtop";}if (afterFunc) { afterFunc(out); }}});}</script>    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="https://s3.amazonaws.com/images.kingdomofloathing.com/styles.20151006.css"><style type='text/css'>.faded {zoom: 1;filter: alpha(opacity=35);opacity: 0.35;-khtml-opacity: 0.35;-moz-opacity: 0.35;}</style></head><body><centeR><!--faaaaaaart--><table  width=95%  cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0><tr><td style="color: white;" align=center bgcolor=blue><b>Adventure Results:</b></td></tr><tr><td style="padding: 5px; border: 1px solid blue;"><center><table><tr><td>You wouldn't be seen dead at the Neverending Party without your PARTY HARD shirt on.  Not today, at least, since you've already made an appearance in it.<p><center><a href=main.php>Back to the Main Map</a></center><center><center></center><!--skipagainmenu--></center></td></tr></table></center></td></tr><tr><td height=4></td></tr></table><!--faaaaaaart--></centeR></body></html>

full log (actually redid it, this time without chit and guide open. as they massively inflate it)
View attachment DEBUG_20181025.zip

Last edited:

taltamir

r18958 should recognise this message (the other ones should already have been recognised).
it works, thanks.
Code:
Visit to Town: The Neverending Party in progress...
[COLOR=red]Cannot     adventure at The Neverending Party without your PARTY HARD shirt on.[/COLOR]​

Should "highTopPumps" be set to 0 at the start of the day? I have to set it to that manually so that breakfast will pump the shoes for me.

Also, should this be a separate bug report? I wasn't sure if this was considered "finished" or not.

edit: Maybe the "implemented" tag should have been a clue. Ah, well, leaving this here for now.

Last edited: