Bug - Fixed HC community service aftercore. Mafia cannot find and execute softcore permed buffs

taltamir

When doing a hardcore community service run, in aftercore I get access to all my normal permed skills. I set the mood, run it, and it only uses the hardcore permed skills and doesn't touch any of the normal permed skills which have become available.

Mood causes it to show up in effects with 0 turns. I click the up arrow, and it gives me an error. such as
Code:
[COLOR=red]Could not find a known, usable skill of yours uniquely     matching "1 Singer's Faithful Ocelot"
[/COLOR][COLOR=red]Could not find a known, usable skill of yours uniquely     matching "1 Pride of the Puffin"
[/COLOR][COLOR=red]Could not find a known, usable skill of yours uniquely     matching "1 Empathy of the Newt"
[/COLOR][COLOR=red]Could not find a known, usable skill of yours uniquely     matching "1 Ur-Kel's Aria of Annoyance"[/COLOR]

I then tried to go to the "your skills" page aka /skillz.php
In that page I can find all those normal perms and run them just fine.
Code:
You acquire an effect: Singer's Faithful Ocelot (10)
You acquire an effect: Pride of the Puffin (10)
You acquire an effect: Empathy (10)
You acquire an effect: Ur-Kel's     Aria of Annoyance (10)

using it with a skill I actually don't have does something similar
Code:
[COLOR=#FF0000]Could not find a known, usable skill of yours uniquely matching "1 Fat Leon's Phat Loot Lyric"[/COLOR]
so its clear that mafia thinks I don't have those skills

I also have a script called "WTF skills" that gives a condensed, organized, and color coded list of skills. It does not show skills that are not HC perms such as those skills above that don't work. (this will become relevant in a second)

Manually casting a skill does not make mafia recognize that I have it. It does not show up in WTF skills, and IIRC up arrow doesn't work (need to retest)

If I change the grouping method for skills (eg, from "functional" to "classic (buff/not buff)" mafia suddenly recognizes all my normal permed skills. This is especially noticeable on that WTF skills script I mentioned before. And the up arrow works.

However, I do not believe that the issue is with the sorting option used. Because changing it back to "functional" grouping, it does not make them go away. I think the change simply forced mafia to repoll the skills available.

Last edited:

Darzil

Developer
Yeah, I think this is the old failure to detect end of Community Service gracefully bug.

I guess I'll send an alt through it sometime and debug.

taltamir

I assume that if you log out and log back in, all your skills are available.
Tested it now, or rather something similar since I misremembered. I logged out, restarted mafia, then logged back in.
Afterwards it was as you assumed and all skills were correctly detected.

Darzil

Developer
Hopefully r18819 fixes this. There was a redirect to ascend.php?alttext=communityservice when selecting option 30, so the LiberateKing code wasn't hit in ChoiceManager.