Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The maximizer prefers items with a negative effect over an empty slot

In my case it was also in run.
    Sig by JakAtk
    My scripts: Prefref Plus | Skillref Plus | One-Click Wossna | Om*****st (??) | Psychose-a-Matic | RandBot
    Combat suite: Best Between Battle | Mercenary Mood | SmartStasis | BatMan | BatMan RE
    For script authors: ASH Wiki | ZLib | BatBrain | CLI Links | Drag-n-Drop Inventories | CanAdv | Script Registry | Map Manager
    If you appreciate my work, help me become BAT KING OF THE WORLD! Thanks to all donators!

I will add a P.S. I don't normally visit the Old Man or The Sea in run so if the bathysphere is available it was either an unnoticed SC pull or, more likely, in run but out of Ronin. (However being out of Ronin suggests there may have been other familiar equipment available).

After you reach level 11, CanAdv will unlock the Sea when told to check a Sea location, since it costs nothing. So if you're using some sort of, say, master relay quest script that checks a lot of location availability using CanAdv, you'll get a bathysphere after reaching level 11.
    Sig by JakAtk
    My scripts: Prefref Plus | Skillref Plus | One-Click Wossna | Om*****st (??) | Psychose-a-Matic | RandBot
    Combat suite: Best Between Battle | Mercenary Mood | SmartStasis | BatMan | BatMan RE
    For script authors: ASH Wiki | ZLib | BatBrain | CLI Links | Drag-n-Drop Inventories | CanAdv | Script Registry | Map Manager
    If you appreciate my work, help me become BAT KING OF THE WORLD! Thanks to all donators!

Developer

Try ticking "always consider current equipment outside Hardcore/Ronin", or add +current, assuming both these happen outside Ronin.

This is happening for me while in Ronin, softcore Standard run. Just used one of my pulls to grab a lead necklace from storage and it still went with the bathysphere!

> maximize -tie

Maximizing...
    156 combinations checked, best score 0.00
    Putting on Crimbolex watch...
    Equipment changed.
    Putting on little bitty bathysphere...
    Equipment changed.

> ash pulls_remaining()

Returned: 10

> pull lead necklace

Pulling items from storage...
    9 pulls remaining, 0 budgeted for automatic use.

> inv lead neck

lead necklace

> unequip bathysphere

Taking off little bitty bathysphere...
    Equipment changed.

> maximize -tie

Maximizing...
    90 combinations checked, best score 0.00
    Equipment changed.
    Tried again with +current:

> maximize -tie +current

Maximizing...
    90 combinations checked, best score 0.00
    Equipment changed.
    Using KoLmafia r19094.
    Sig by JakAtk

Developer

Why use -tie? It prevents maximiser caring about the difference between two items that do not help? You are explicitly telling it you are happy with any item that doesn’t help with maximising nothing!

Ie with -tie it is NOT an item that is negative.

Well, I believe we've found the issue then. I nearly always use -tie because I don't want maximize to change gear that is not an improvement I've explicitly specified. I don't normally use it by itself (as the above example) -- it's usually accompanied by an outfit or modifier(s). But that still gets me a bathysphere equipped. Do you have a suggestion for a better maximize string I could use to prevent overreach without accepting negatives?
    Sig by JakAtk

Developer

Well, you can change the maximizer tiebreaker, so it meets your requirements? It is a preference.

But others who use this particular script (like frono) will continue to get bathyspheres equipped. I guess I will just -equip bathyspheres in all my maximizer strings.
    Sig by JakAtk

Developer

Yeah, I really wouldn't use -tie, ever.

I am not going to change the handling of a user wanting to not use tiebreakers to implement a second level of tiebreaker.

Though I would be open to letting a preference overrule the standard tiebreaker, as it looks like that doesn't actually exist.
    Last edited by Darzil; 02-13-2019 at 09:21 AM.