Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Mercenary Mood -- choiceadv adjustment as you go, modifier maintenance, etc.

Not sure whether this is MM, BBB or something else.

SC, Standard. I pulled 4 rusty hedge trimmers in anticipation of the Twin Peak. Something immediately used them. While I appreciate the attempt at convenience, the character was not prepared to meet all of the prerequisites so the net effect is that the trimmer use was wasted. I obviously can avoid this in the future. I'd be all right with never automatically using the trimmers but the ideal solution would be to only use them if there was one unmet condition that was satisfied. It is certainly possible I have missed a configuration option but...

Feature Request - a toggle that defaults to false. When it is true and a character is about to adventure in an area with a new latte ingredient the mug will be equipped and the latte ingredient added to conditions. I do not expect this to work for the verge of war frat house and hippy camp but most of the other areas should support this.

Feature Request - I very much admire and appreciate the way Veracity's Meatfarming Script handles voting monsters. I would be very glad if similar functionality were (optionally) available for all scripts and semi-manual adventuring. That sounds like a job for MM.

Hmmm. BBB's code for using rusty trimmers is:

PHP Code:
       if (!qprop("questL09Topping") && get_property("twinPeakProgress") != "15" && !($strings[0,6contains get_property("choiceAdventure606")) && item_amount($item[rusty hedge trimmers]) > && be_good($item[rusty hedge trimmers]))
          use(
    1,$item[rusty hedge trimmers]); 
    It's an if rather than a while, so it should use at most one of them at once. It also checks that the choiceadv property is set to one of the tests (which happens here in MM before BBB is called), so if you have 4 trimmers and go to autoadventure at Twin Peak, you should ostensibly keep using trimmers so long as you have a valid choice. I don't generally play SC so I've never tried this with multiple trimmers at once, though. Did you have MM active?

Also hmmm... this presents a situation in which BBB will not function correctly without MM, yet it does not require MM as a dependency. I'll have to do something about this. I'd prefer to keep them independent if possible.

FR1: I could definitely see auto-equipping the latte, but I don't think I'll add it to conditions. I expect people would go out of their way for certain important ingredients; but for less important ones you'd probably just want to gather whichever you happen to find along the way, without adding extra turns.

FR2: I believe that would probably be the job of a counterScript. Unfortunately the primary counterScript on these forums is not presently being maintained, so I added this to said script (which will still need some attention; I simply added this as a patch to help me get factoids):

PHP Code:
       case "Vote Monster": if (my_location() == $location[through the spacegate]) return true;
          if (
    have_equipped($item["I Voted!&quotsticker])) return true;

cli_execute("checkpoint; equip acc3 i voted sticker");
          (!
    adv1(my_location(), -1""));

cli_execute("outfit checkpoint");
          return 
    true
    Perhaps you can take that and make it complete!
    Sig by JakAtk
    My scripts: Prefref Plus | Skillref Plus | One-Click Wossna | Om*****st (??) | Psychose-a-Matic | RandBot
    Combat suite: Best Between Battle | Mercenary Mood | SmartStasis | BatMan | BatMan RE
    For script authors: ASH Wiki | ZLib | BatBrain | CLI Links | Drag-n-Drop Inventories | CanAdv | Script Registry | Map Manager
    If you appreciate my work, help me become BAT KING OF THE WORLD! Thanks to all donators!

I'm trying my first run with only Mercenary Mood as my mood and I'm noticing a few things that I wish were different but didn't take careful notes. I will do so on my next run. The things that really struck me as odd are:

• When fighting the Haunted Boiler with the unstable fulminate equipped Mercenary Mood didn't take advantage of character skills to boost ML.
    • When searching for tomb ratchets Mercenary Mood didn't take advantage of character skills to boost +item.
    • While there were a few areas where I noticed Mercenary Mood manipulating +/- combat there were other locations where I didn't see it. Whitey's Grove, when looking for ingredients for Wet Stunt Nut Stew, comes to mind.

Most of the desired changes involve either swapping Accordion Thief songs around or casting, low MP cost, buffs.

Developer

MercMood seems to be setting The Neverending Party choices to a state that causes an abort, here's the snipped log from yesterday:
    Code:
    [5634] The Neverending Party
    Took choice 1322/1: accept quest
    choice.php?whichchoice=1322&option=1&pwd
    > MM: Choice 1324: Go to the kitchen for food stuff.
    > MM: Choice 1326: Ask the kitchen lady which food to collect.

Encounter: "plain" girl

Encounter: jock

Encounter: biker

Encounter: burnout

Encounter: It Hasn't Ended, It's Just Paused
    Took choice 1324/2: to kitchen
    choice.php?whichchoice=1324&option=2&pwd
    Encounter: Gone Kitchin'
    Took choice 1326/3: find out food to collect
    choice.php?whichchoice=1326&option=3&pwd

use 1 van key
    You acquire nailswurst (3)
    You acquire black forest cake (2)

Encounter: party girl

[5668] The Neverending Party

[5669] The Neverending Party

[5670] The Neverending Party

[5671] The Neverending Party

[5672] The Neverending Party
    Encounter: party girl

[5673] The Neverending Party
    Encounter: It Hasn't Ended, It's Just Paused
    Took choice 1324/2: to kitchen
    choice.php?whichchoice=1324&option=2&pwd
    > Redirected to a page other than main.php
    > Redirected to a page other than main.php
    My guess here is that it went to the kitchen once to get the quest food then hit the choice adventure again without having the required food and the option to finish the quest wasn't available. I had all my van keys in the closet so BBB wasn't able to use enough to finish the quest.
    Last edited by Rinn; 02-22-2019 at 07:19 PM.

• When fighting the Haunted Boiler with the unstable fulminate equipped Mercenary Mood didn't take advantage of character skills to boost ML.
    • When searching for tomb ratchets Mercenary Mood didn't take advantage of character skills to boost +item.
    • While there were a few areas where I noticed Mercenary Mood manipulating +/- combat there were other locations where I didn't see it. Whitey's Grove, when looking for ingredients for Wet Stunt Nut Stew, comes to mind.
    Originally Posted by Magus_Prime View Post
    Sorry for the delay in response Magus; I appreciate your feedback. There are some cases where MM may not boost modifiers:

1) Your meat is low (like 1000ish).
    2) Your target is already reached. For +ML in the boiler room, that target is 86. Do you happen to recall whether or not you were below this target?
    3) You have no target. MM will try to add +item drop to cap goals at a 100% drop rate. If you haven't set any items as goals, however, MM will not boost items. I suspect this may be what happened for your second and third points.
    4) The modifier is (mostly) irrelevant. For locations where you can't adjust the frequency of noncombats, +/- combat is not adjusted. If you outmoxie the monsters in the zone, initiative is not adjusted (aside from situations with specific initiative targets like the Alcove or Twin Peak).

Hope this helps. If you are still finding it's not casting buffs and none of those cases apply, please give me some more details so I can get that fixed. Thanks!

@Rinn: Thanks for reminding me of this. It pretty much only happens in Hard Mode (which I only did the 10 days of), where you don't finish the quest in time for the next choiceadv. Rather than abort, the latest update instead opts to fight a random partier if you find yourself in quest limbo. Non-quest handling for this choice is still nonexistent. I'm kinda guessing people mainly want stats? That's what I've mostly used it for.
    Sig by JakAtk
    My scripts: Prefref Plus | Skillref Plus | One-Click Wossna | Om*****st (??) | Psychose-a-Matic | RandBot
    Combat suite: Best Between Battle | Mercenary Mood | SmartStasis | BatMan | BatMan RE
    For script authors: ASH Wiki | ZLib | BatBrain | CLI Links | Drag-n-Drop Inventories | CanAdv | Script Registry | Map Manager
    If you appreciate my work, help me become BAT KING OF THE WORLD! Thanks to all donators!

Hi zarqon,

I figured you were busy with life. In order:

1. For the things I noted the character had ample meat available as it was late in the run.
    2. I know the character had less than 86 ML in the boiler room.
    3. This may have been the culprit as I was manually adventuring, via the relay browser, for much of the run
    4. Adjusting combat frequency does make a difference in Whitey's Grove and was surprised that MM did nothing. I'll try to remember to set a goal next time and see what happens.

Even without goals set I saw MM fire regularly and manipulate various things throughout the run. Would you be willing to consider putting more location-specific "smarts" into MM? There are quite a few areas where, given some quest log context, many things are givens:

1. Top level of the pyramid -combat
    2. Middle of the pyramid +item
    3. Whitey's Grove and no Mega Gem +combat and +item
    4. Etc..

I can't really offer more feedback right now as I'm working my way through Dark Gyffte runs.

Thanks,

Magus

MM is highly sensitive to goals, as a way of supporting various playstyles. Don't want MM to help you get those tomb ratchets? Don't set them as goals. If you set your goals (even for relay play) I believe you will see all of your suggested smarts snap into... effect. (I might point out that BatMan RE is handy for managing goals without leaving the relay browser. Look in the Adventure Again box.)

I'll look into the boiler room issue. I did pay some attention this last run and my ML was over 86, but I also maximized ML and activated the Spacegate vaccine, so I may not have needed any buffs.
    Sig by JakAtk

I'm continuing to use Mercenary Mood and I find myself wishing that it were a bit more aggressive in handling ML. Case in point: after getting the jar of oil, in Oil Peak, which was set as a goal. MM boosted ML until the jar was created and then dropped ML. That increased the number of turns remaining, to lower the pressure, in the zone considerably.

In general I find that if I don't pay close attention, and boost ML manually, I end up having to powerlevel much more often than expected.
    Even when I do try to manipulate ML manually MM frequently works against me by lowering the ML setting of whatever machine is available to the character.
    Last edited by Magus_Prime; 06-06-2019 at 07:30 PM.

I also find MM's handling of the mind control device to be not completely satisfactory. My recollection from BBB (or AutoMCD?) was that it set the MCD to the highest value it thought was safe for the zone to be adventured in. It seems like MM sometimes does this but often just leaves at zero. I don't recall a specific case but I have a recollection that I would manually set it and then run and the fist thing that happened was that MM overrode my change. I had to disable MM.

It is quite possible operator error is involved because there are parameters that need to be set to make MM and BBB play nicely with each other.

Something I noticed today is that MM, in the Smut Orc Logging Camp, is casting Spirit of Bacon Grease followed by Spirit of Cayenne between combats. Not only is that a bit odd, since the second cast cancels out the first, but it should be casting Spirit of Peppermint.

Lots of cold damage in that zone leverages a new-ish "Blech House" mechanic: http://kol.coldfront.net/thekolwiki/...c_Logging_Camp

Edit: It might be helpful if The Spirit of Bacon Grease were cast in the Mob of Zeppelin Protesters.
    Last edited by Magus_Prime; 06-13-2019 at 10:54 AM.