New Content - Implemented July IotM - Cat Burglar (Familiar)

AlbinoRhino

Not exactly. What KoLmafia.java should be doing is before resetting the underscore preferences, setting catBurglarBankHeists based on _catBurglarCharge from yesterday (and banked heists and heists complete). It shouldn't include any from today.

I suspected I was missing something yesterday. But the theory seemed to explain what I was seeing so well ! :p

Malibu Stacey

Weird HTML, seems to be HTML source of HTML source.

And annoyingly, the counters are working perfectly for me and I keep getting the stretching exercises message that works for you.

I use Chrome & did "view frame source" then saved that page. I guess I should just copy & paste the content it shows when it does that into Notepad++? Or is there a better way to get the HTML of the fight.php page?

Malibu Stacey

Code:
After Battle: Light-Fingered Haroun grabs a quick nap with his sleep mask, so he'll be fresh for the upcoming heist.
After Battle: Light-Fingered Haroun cracks his knuckles and looks around for something to steal.
Preference testudinalTeachings changed from 150:3|211:5|203:2|267:1|266:4|198:0|213:0|207:3|206:3|214:5|210:5 to 150:3|211:5|203:2|267:2|266:4|198:0|213:0|207:3|206:3|214:5|210:5
Preference _catBurglarCharge changed from 29 to 30

View attachment heist_2.txt

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Is this going to be fixed soon? I want to make a new "official" release, since it has been ages, and this is the only "new content" thread that seems to have any controversy.

I own this familiar but have, literally, never tried it. Which is to say, I don't understand (and don't give a fuck about) the intricacies of it.

Can I cut a new release even with issues outstanding here, or do I need to wait?

Malibu Stacey

Code:
After Battle: Light-Fingered Haroun grabs a quick nap with his sleep mask, so he'll be fresh for the upcoming heist.
After Battle: Light-Fingered Haroun does some stretching exercises to prepare for his upcoming heist.
Preference testudinalTeachings changed from 150:0|211:1|203:2|267:2|266:4|198:0|213:0|207:0|206:3|214:5|210:5 to 150:0|211:1|203:2|267:3|266:4|198:0|213:0|207:0|206:3|214:5|210:5
Preference _catBurglarCharge changed from 69 to 70

View attachment heist_3.txt

Darzil

Developer
r19008 - Found a typo in one message detection, and simplified another based on likely pain points.

Cautiously optimistic having seen the html text of all the messages now.

Last edited:

Darzil

Developer
Is this going to be fixed soon? I want to make a new "official" release, since it has been ages, and this is the only "new content" thread that seems to have any controversy.

I own this familiar but have, literally, never tried it. Which is to say, I don't understand (and don't give a fuck about) the intricacies of it.

Can I cut a new release even with issues outstanding here, or do I need to wait?

I think it is fixed now.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I don't remember writing that note. I wonder why I was so profane?

It is true, however, that I want to cut a new release this week.

I'll do it this evening.

Malibu Stacey

I think it is fixed now.

It's tracking the charges towards heists correctly now but the actual number of heists available still needs work. Most days my charges are showing x/80 (so I've charged 3 heists that day) but at best it shows 0/1 heists even when I've started the day with 0 heists carried over.
If that is fixed, rolling over the number of heists from the previous day shouldn't be too difficult to implement (possibly free/automatic depending on the heist tracking implementation).

Last edited:

Malibu Stacey

Ignore the above (I wrote it while at the office so I couldn't check my mafia settings). Just did prefref catburglar & it showed

Code:
catBurglarBankHeists -2

Setting it to 0 now shows the correct number of heists (_catBurglarCharge is 10 so the UI is showing 1 heist available as expected).

Erosion

I think there's still something weird going on with _catBurglarCharge tracking.
When I have burglar/sleep mask equipped and burglar hits 80/80 (4th daily heist), Mafia always sets me back to 70/80 while not increasing the banked heist counter by +1.
I have replicated this in multiple ascensions, but not in one when mask was not equipped during the fight that I hit 80/80.

Whether I had the equipped the spoon or not did not make a difference, the bug occurred regardless of whether tracking was spoonerized.
-------
I suppose a unrelated further feature request would be for Burglar to try and count fights even with spoon mangling the text. Is there a way to keep track of combats by checking for the familiar image? If so, the familiar image appearing once could mean +1 charge and appearing twice would mean +2, rather than relying on checking the combat text.