Is there built-in functionality for responding to clan fortune teller requests?

Malurth

As far as I can tell, the cli "fortune" keyword only handles sending requests, not responding. Mafia has preferences for the response words, but so far I've only seen them be used to auto-populate forms in the relay browser.

I know there's a script someone made to handle the fortune teller, but it doesn't actually use mafia's preferences (and seems way too complex for my purposes), so if not I'll be scripting my own. Figured I'd ask first in case I'm missing something.

Not that I am aware of.
You can get a whitelist to Bonus Adventures from Hell ("Send a kmail (not a PM) to bmaher with 'whitelist bafh' to be whitelisted when he logs in next, and send pizza/batman/thick to CheeseFax (using the CLI fortune commands)

Pazleysox

As far as I can tell, the cli "fortune" keyword only handles sending requests, not responding. Mafia has preferences for the response words, but so far I've only seen them be used to auto-populate forms in the relay browser.

I know there's a script someone made to handle the fortune teller, but it doesn't actually use mafia's preferences (and seems way too complex for my purposes), so if not I'll be scripting my own. Figured I'd ask first in case I'm missing something.

The Clan Fortune Script is a little hard to figure out for some people. I did not author it, but I use it for my clan bot. I programmed the bot to use that script each time a request is made.

If you have the script, here's what you need to put into the CLI to set it for the responses you want.

run script, when box pops up, type or copy/paste next line:
defaults,1st response,beer
defaults,2nd response,robin
defaults,3rd response,thick

Do not put any spaces where there aren't any, and use the comma's where they are placed. The script will not accept the answers otherwise. I personally changed response 3 to UP, because THICK was getting too confusing for people.

I've thought about modifying the script, but there's just too much going on, it's hard for me to understand.

Last edited:

Malurth

Yeah, I'd rather just bake my own than use that, since it's needlessly complex for my use case. Thanks, though.

Malurth

Code:
buffer page = visit_url("clan_viplounge.php?preaction=lovetester");

string [int][int] request_array = page.group_string("(clan_viplounge.php\\?preaction=testlove&testlove=\\d*)\">(.*?)</a>");

foreach i in request_array {
	string response_url = request_array[i][1].replace_string("preaction\=testlove","preaction\=dotestlove") + "&pwd&option=1&q1=" + get_property("clanFortuneReply1") + "&q2=" + get_property("clanFortuneReply2") + "&q3=" + get_property("clanFortuneReply3");
	visit_url(response_url);
	print("Response sent to " + request_array[i][2] + ".", "green");
}

There we go. This auto-responds to all outstanding clan fortune requests using mafia's built-in preferences.

See how much nicer that is? :p