Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: CLI Variable Input

Default CLI Variable Input

Is it possible to run a script with multiple input variables without using the dialog box to enter values each time? I’ve been trying to run Veracity’s MMG script without having to type numbers manually each run, but it will only set the first variable in main. Any other numbers in the CLI are disregarded.

For example, “mmg2 2000” and “mmg2 2000 2 5 5” will do the exact same thing, asking for the last three int variables it needs to run.

Am I missing something, or is this a real limitation of KoLmafia? Do I have to rewrite the script to accept one variable and extract four values from it to get this to behave that way?

Try "mmg2 (2000,2,5,5)".

Note the space between the script name and the parenthesized list of comma-separated arguments.

Thank you, that’s exactly what I was looking for.

The syntax is rather bizarre, though. Is that documented anywhere I missed?

I wouldn't know. I looked at the source code. Who reads documentation?

It would be less bizarre, to my eye, if you didn't need that space. It would then, essentially, look like a call to the main() function of the specified script.

I believe it's because CLI does word splitting first, so "mmg(2000,2,2,5)" would be trying to call a script or macro *named* "mmg(2000,2,2,5)" (with no parameters)?

It seems reasonable to decide that script names are not allowed to have parentheses in them (I don't recall ever seeing a script name with parentheses, so probably no one would notice), and to adjust parsing appropriately. If someone was motivated enough to make that change.

I sort of just assume everything uses POSIX shell syntax until I learn otherwise. If you want to change the syntax, I recommend using that as a model.

I sort of just assume everything uses POSIX shell syntax until I learn otherwise. If you want to change the syntax, I recommend using that as a model.
    Originally Posted by Saklad5 View Post
    In the CLI, that would probably change semantics of aliases (or more). Which could break old code.

See the PriceAdvisor thread (currently at https://kolmafia.us/showthread.php?31...l=1#post147536 ) for benefits of not breaking old code.

Of course. I’m just saying that if you are going to change it anyway, you should change it to match the POSIX shell.

How exactly do aliases work, anyway? Would they be incompatible?

I think X => Y just does a .replaceAll("X","Y"), everywhere on the line, even in the middle of words. This is why using "parametrized" aliases is recommended: if you use %% in the replacement, mafia will only replace X at the beginning of a line.