Thread: 18481: Revert unintended .classpath and .project changes from 18480, sorry I haven't

RSS 18481: Revert unintended .classpath and .project changes from 18480, sorry I haven't

Revert unintended .classpath and .project changes from 18480, sorry I haven't committed in a while!

by kirchoffjosephp on 2018-02-28 01:52:41

M /.classpath (view) (diff)
    M /.project (view) (diff)
    Download the latest KolMafia build here.
    Every new revision posted within the hour.
    New EXE builds every Monday.

The changes to these files in r18480 appear to bork svn updating, making it impossible to reach the corrections in this revision.

Seems to error out with: Invalid diff stream: [tgt] insn 0 starts beyond the target view position

Occasionally, I am getting an error about the checksum for .classpath not matching, instead.

Maybe there is some svn trick I'm unaware of to get past the r18480 revision ? Or maybe these 2 commits can be deleted by someone with the appropriate access ? Not sure how all that works.

Edit: Looks like the 'Daily Builds' are broke with the same error.
    Last edited by AlbinoRhino; 02-28-2018 at 08:17 AM.

Developer

I get same error too

Might be resolved. I deleted the files, checked in, and then added the files and just had a good build. If someone is motivated it might be worth checking what is there now with what was where before the hiccup to make sure I didn't introduce anything.

Just built and logged in with 18483. All appears normal (except prices not updating). Thanks frono !!

Just built and logged in with 18483. All appears normal (except prices not updating). Thanks frono !!
    Originally Posted by AlbinoRhino View Post
    My experience as well, and you're welcome. In the Days of My Youth I often had official or de facto configuration management responsibilities and I had to maintain and manage my own repositories. Some techniques still apply :-)

The prices still do not update and we have no feedback yet as to whether the version from ci.kolmafia.us works or differs from local builds.
    You just vehemently agreed with me
    Originally Posted by Veracity View Post
    I agree with frono.

Yeah, pretty sure the prices issue was pre-existing and unrelated.

When I was messing with this, I tried an update with these 2 files excluded. I was able to get the current revision (according to Tortoise) and build mafia but mafia thought it was at revision 0. So, any script with a "since" statement refused to run. But, I thought it was interesting that mafia still works even when all version information is lost. Not really sure what .classpath & .project do. I do understand what an environment path is so I suspect 'classpath' is something similar. So, .project is maybe related to versioning somehow ?

In any event, I am just rambling about nothing ! Thanks again.

Speaking from memory, not knowledge.

The mafia build process extracts version info from SVN and inserts it as a string constant in a source file (KoLmafiaConstants?) before compiling. If the build process fails to do that then the string is empty. The version information is pretty much only used for since and display to the user, so its absence won't break too many things.

If teh build process fails at the wrong time, it leaves behind a modified file which a SVN update will not overwrite. When I see a build name with an M appended and I didn't think I had any local changes, that's usually the culprit.
    You just vehemently agreed with me
    I agree with frono.

Oh yea...that was the other thing I noticed. Instead of the usual "M" after the revision #, ant had "MP".

Developer

Yeah sorry about that, it appears something went wrong on SourceForge's end when I committed this and made updating to this revision impossible.